kallend

Taking lessons from Imelda Marcos?

After investing $150k, he will look cute, that's for sure.

Hush up, or someone is going to post a really unsettling photoshopped picture of John, all dolled up.

To save them the trouble, here, with Vallerina.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I know plenty of women with $10-$15 / hour jobs that have label purses.
What does this mean???

Really? For their 7 yr old daughter? Wow. Priorities.

Look, I don't care that they spent that much money on her clothes. Sounds like fun-- it's the fact that she spent a lot of her speech at the RNC talking about wasteful spending (fired the chef and sold the plane) and how she is a regular hockey mom. The fact is that the women with $10 an hour jobs aren't walking around spending $150,000 in a couple months on clothes. Again, it's not a big deal to me except for the fact that she's trying to play like regular Joe, I mean Sarah when in fact, she's not.

>it's the fact that she spent a lot of her speech at the RNC talking
>about wasteful spending (fired the chef and sold the plane) and how she
>is a regular hockey mom.

From a recent interview on why people aren't accepting her:

"I think they’re just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying, “You know what? It’s time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency.” I think that that’s kind of taken some people off guard, and they’re out of sorts, and they’re ticked off about it, but it’s motivation for John McCain and I to work that much harder to make sure that our ticket is victorious, and we put government back on the side of the people of Joe six-pack like me, and we start doing those things that are expected of our government, and we get rid of corruption, and we commit to the reform that is not only desired, but is deserved by Americans. . .

Yes, Hugh. I know what Americans are going through. Todd and I—heck, we’re going through that right now even as we speak, which may put me again kind of on the outs of those Washington elite who don’t like the idea of just an everyday working class American running for such an office."

She does have a point. Who among us hasn't felt the pain and embarrassment of seeing Nieman-Marcus rudely refuse to take your check for $17,540 - and then having to put your purchase on a credit card? Only a hateful liberal elitist would have no sympathy for a poor woman forced to change her payment method in such a crude manner.

*************** SARCASM WARNING SARCASM WARNING **************
(just in case)

In my Good Housekeeping magazine there was an interview with Cindy McCain.

When asked about which issues were important to her.

"Also, the economy...the economy-slash-education; I put them together. Because as a mother, I — like everyone else — have to fill my gas tank in my car. I have to feed my family. I have to be able to make sure that I can keep a roof over their heads and, with things escalating the way they are, it's very difficult."

I guess it is difficult to upkeep seven homes.:|

Cindy's outfit and jewelry at the convention still cost more than what Sarah spent shopping so I guess Sarah really is more Josie sixpack than I thought.

We're amazingly judgmental on what people spend money on.
I can only image what they would think of skydiving expenses.
Especially my first year.
Add in my motorcycle and hot rod addictions....
Oh and I buy my daughters famous name label purses on special occasions too.
:S:S:S
Must really suck to try and enjoy life.
:|

"Oh and I buy my daughters famous name label purses on special occasions too.

Must really suck to try and enjoy life. "

And I bought my daughter a Juicy Couture purse for her 16th birthday. You're totally missing my point.

Actually it was for her 15th birthday.

Another $4,716.49 on hair and makeup came from the GOP while wooing "Joe Six-Pack" to vote for John McCain, the records showed. And more than $5,000 went to a men's store and a baby clothing store.

I think that stuff must just cost more for those people.

During the Edwards campaign, he spent $400 apiece for haircuts less than a month apart. Realistically, how much can your hair grow in 3 weeks?

Hillary spent $3000 total on a couple of haircut sessions.

The winner was Slick Willie parking Air Force One at LAX so that a famous Hollywood hairstylist type could cut his hair.
A president has his own staff for cooking and everything else. It seems like haircuts could be taken care of in an easier fashion.

I have no idea what makes a $1500 haircut worth it, but there are some dummies out there paying it.

also the clothes that Palin got most will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. so something good will become of the money spent.

I guess that would be Trickle-hand-me-down economics.

Will the hair be auctioned off for charity too?

also the clothes that Palin got most will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. so something good will become of the money spent.

From time to time, my wife & 2 daughters get their long hair cut back & donate it to the "Locks of Love". Palin would probably look pretty hot in a short-ish hair style - if she truly wanted to be a "compassionate conservative" and do the same thing.

From time to time, my wife & 2 daughters get their long hair cut back & donate it to the "Locks of Love". Palin would probably look pretty hot in a short-ish hair style - if she truly wanted to be a "compassionate conservative" and do the same thing.

If she truly wanted to be a compassionate conservative and (figuratively) put her uterus where her mouth is, she'd offer to be a surrogate mother in place of the rape victims to whom she would deny abortions..

she should have focused a bit more on her education, like Mrs Obama did.

What does education have to do with anything? I have a very limited education and I make much more than that.
I can think of several people that are WAY over educated that make very little in comparison. In fact they are right here on this forum.
On another note I can't figure out why Palin's clothing is even brought up as an issue. This amount is paltry in comparison to what each candidate spends in the way of dining. I wonder how much Obama is spending to go back to Hawaii to visit his grandmother?
You Obama lovers really have to dig don't you?

Democrats expect to get the clothes from the designers for free.

No, they expect people to pay for their own clothes
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1