kallend

Taking lessons from Imelda Marcos?

Most professionals find that their earning potential increases significantly with the passage of time, regardless of spouse. I think you're on a loser with that smear.

Going from ~150K to ~350K in ONE year? Sounds like one of those corporate CEO deals that you're so vehemtly against, to me - but I'm sure you'll not see the connection.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Most professionals find that their earning potential increases significantly with the passage of time, regardless of spouse. I think you're on a loser with that smear.

Going from ~150K to ~350K in ONE year? Sounds like one of those corporate CEO deals that you're so vehemtly against, to me - but I'm sure you'll not see the connection.

How many corporate CEOs have compensation packages worth ONLY $350k?

I know lots of recent professional program grads who doubled their salaries over a 1-2 year time frame.

My income tripled between 1977 and 1979, and doubled from 1994 - 1996.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Irrelevant.

I know lots of recent professional program grads who doubled their salaries over a 1-2 year time frame.

Ok, so you DONT have a problem with professionals getting large raises in compensation?

Are you being hypocritical in THIS thread, or hypocritical in the CEO bashing threads, professor?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Irrelevant.

YOU brough up CEO compensation. Now you say it's irrelevant.:P

Ok, so you DONT have a problem with professionals getting large raises in compensation?

Are you being hypocritical in THIS thread, or hypocritical in the CEO bashing threads, professor?

$350k for a hospital VP is NOT $18Million for 3 weeks work resulting in bankruptcy. BIG difference. Our university VPs are making much the same as hospital VPs.

AS for the hypocrisy slur, YOU brought up CEO compensation and then in your very next post claimed it was irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

YOU brough up CEO compensation. Now you say it's irrelevant.:P

$350k for a hospital VP is NOT $18Million for 3 weeks work resulting in bankruptcy. BIG difference. Our university VPs are making much the same as hospital VPs.

AS for the hypocrisy slur, YOU brought up CEO compensation and then in your very next post claimed it was irrelevant.

No - I said that your comment about "how many ceos have 350k comp packages" was irrelevant - I know it's hard trying to figure out new ways to deflect the question, but DO try to keep up, professor.

And answer the question, while you're at it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No - I said that your comment about "how many ceos have 350k comp packages" was irrelevant - I know it's hard trying to figure out new ways to deflect the question, but DO try to keep up, professor.

The risk of introducing new evidence is that the other side gets to talk about it too:P

You introduced CEO pay, now I can talk about it any way I wish.

The deal is, Palin's big schtick if you will is being a "hockey mom" and connecting with Joe sixpack and now Joe the plumber. There's a photo of her 7 yr old carrying a LV purse which is just a tad ridiculous but whatever.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if she didn't talk all the time about the " New York elite" etc. I guess now she is part of the Alaska Elite.

I do understand that she needs a new wardrobe but my goodness that's a lot of shopping.

>and connecting with Joe sixpack and now Joe the plumber.

Well, perhaps she's just trying to connect with Joe the elitist latte-sipper and Joe the discriminating Nieman-Marcus shopper.

See, that's the big difference about politics on your side of the pond.

In the UK it would be 'Dave.'
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The deal is, Palin's big schtick if you will is being a "hockey mom" and connecting with Joe sixpack and now Joe the plumber. There's a photo of her 7 yr old carrying a LV purse which is just a tad ridiculous but whatever.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if she didn't talk all the time about the " New York elite" etc. I guess now she is part of the Alaska Elite.

I do understand that she needs a new wardrobe but my goodness that's a lot of shopping.

Nice photo of the kid and a LV handbag.. thats crazy.. what happend to hanna Montana gear like the rest of kids her age?
Joe six pack, joe the plumber, bob the builder, where is waldo? what the hell?
I see today that Joe the plumbers real name is Sam and that he is not even a plumber, he also does not know what his company makes net per year and is about 100k short of what he thought.
Hockey mom, bull hockey is what I say to the lies that the Mccain camp constantly spew, lies, coverup's and damage control, lots of damage control.
I will be glad when this is all over so we can bitch about who ever wins, they both will suck so whats the point?
Joe skydiver and BTW Joe is my real name unlike Joe the plumber.
www.greenboxphotography.com

I know plenty of women with $10-$15 / hour jobs that have label purses.
What does this mean???

I'm curious what an ailing grandmother is going to cost....just saying.
While I fully understand the trip there's no way in the world they are paying the cost of this trip personally.

I love how association with a domestic terrorist and extremist bigotted preacher is no big deal but a $100K shopping spree with charitable intentions is worthy of having 'gate' added to the end of it.

Hey did you hear Palin's underqage daughter is pregnant?

:S

You will throw stones from a glass house.
Liddy, Keating, Hagee, Muthee, Parsley...

>I love how association with a domestic terrorist and extremist bigotted
>preacher is no big deal . . .

It's not, and people have finally acknowledged that. It's refreshing.

> but a $100K shopping spree with charitable intentions is worthy of having
>'gate' added to the end of it.

Well, thank GOD she didn't get a $400 haircut! The media would be talking about that for six months.

I'm not criticising ANYONE'S shopping spree Professor. But hey you gotta try that deflection anyways right? :P

I wish someone would spend $150k on me. I have to earn the money to buy my stuff.