kallend

Taking lessons from Imelda Marcos?

By KENNETH R. BAZINET
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Updated Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 6:25 AM

Jamison/AP

Dressing up Sarah Palin and her family has cost the RNC upwards of $150,000, according to a report. Click to see more of Palin's pricey fashions.
WASHINGTON - Lipstick isn't the only difference between America's top hockey mom and a pit bull.

Sarah Palin also has a spectacular new wardrobe, and Republican campaign donors picked up the breathtaking tab.

The Republican National Committee spent $150,000 on clothing and accessories for the vice presidential candidate and her family since early September, according to a report by the Politico Web site.

RELATED: PALIN SAYS SHE'S REALLY SORRY FOR 'REAL AMERICA' COMMENT

At Saks Fifth Avenue stores in Manhattan and St. Louis, the RNC paid for $49,425.74 in Palin apparel, the report said, citing financial disclosure records.

There also was a $75,062.63 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, where the Palins stayed during the Republican National Convention last month; $9.447.71 at Macy's in Minneapolis; and $5,102.71 at Bloomingdale's in New York.

That much cash can buy a closet full of the pumps, hot red leather jackets and form-fitting business suits for the Alaska governor to wear on the stump

Another $4,716.49 on hair and makeup came from the GOP while wooing "Joe Six-Pack" to vote for John McCain, the records showed. And more than $5,000 went to a men's store and a baby clothing store.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not everyone can get a raise from 150k to 350k like Mrs. Obama did.

Nice redrection, for someone who's always criticizing others for it:P

Or better yet, $18 MILLION for three weeks work like the WaMu guy.

This immediately came to mind....

John McCain to store clerk: "Do you see this young lady over here? Do you have anything in this shop as beautiful as she is?

Clerk: " Oh yes....Oh no, no no. I'm saying we have many things as beautiful as she would want them to be. That's the point I was trying to make. And I think we can all agree with that."

McCain: "We're gonna need a few more people helping us out. I'll tell you why. We are gonna be spending an obscene amount of money in here. So we're gonna need a lot more help sucking up to us."
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

We are gonna be spending an obscene amount of money in here. So we're gonna need a lot more help sucking up to us."

:D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not at all - I don't expect someone making 80k a year to be able to match the wardrobe of someone making 350k a year. I wasn't surprised at the petty attack on Palin, though - that's expected.

Or better yet, $18 MILLION for three weeks work like the WaMu guy.

Speaking of misdirects....not to mention the stanch of desperation in the air.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not at all - I don't expect someone making 80k a year to be able to match the wardrobe of someone making 350k a year. I wasn't surprised at the petty attack on Palin, though - that's expected.

Why does the wardrobe need to match? Is Sarah running for First lady?

From all the scrutiny the left and their mouthpieces are lavishing on her, you'd think she was running for President instead of VP.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

From all the scrutiny the left and their mouthpieces are lavishing on her, you'd think she was running for President instead of VP.

Did Barack O. or John McC. spend that much on wardrobe in one month, then?

Maybe she should just get a personal designer like Mrs. Obama?

How the hell this is an issue is simply beyond me.
Given the millions Obama is raising and spending...we're worrying about clothes.

How about Obama charging for press credentials instead?

:S:S:S

At Saks Fifth Avenue stores in Manhattan and St. Louis, the RNC paid for $49,425.74 in Palin apparel, the report said, citing financial disclosure records.

There also was a $75,062.63 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, where the Palins stayed during the Republican National Convention last month; $9.447.71 at Macy's in Minneapolis; and $5,102.71 at Bloomingdale's in New York.

I hope that they saved the receipts and tags, so that they can return them in two weeks. :ph34r:

By KENNETH R. BAZINET

Jamison/AP

Dressing up Sarah Palin and her family has cost the RNC upwards of $150,000, according to a report. Click to see more of Palin's pricey fashions.
WASHINGTON - Lipstick isn't the only difference between America's top hockey mom and a pit bull.

Sarah Palin also has a spectacular new wardrobe, and Republican campaign donors picked up the breathtaking tab.

The Republican National Committee spent $150,000 on clothing and accessories for the vice presidential candidate and her family since early September, according to a report by the Politico Web site.

That much cash can buy a closet full of the pumps, hot red leather jackets and form-fitting business suits for the Alaska governor to wear on the stump

Another $4,716.49 on hair and makeup came from the GOP while wooing "Joe Six-Pack" to vote for John McCain, the records showed. And more than $5,000 went to a men's store and a baby clothing store.

i see your neglecting to give all the information again. like what did Obama pay for his suites? those are not cheap. also the clothes that Palin got most will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. so something good will become of the money spent.

Not at all - I don't expect someone making 80k a year to be able to match the wardrobe of someone making 350k a year.

Why should she? If she wanted the $350k/year wardrobe, she should have focused a bit more on her education, like Mrs Obama did.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Did Barack O. or John McC. spend that much on wardrobe in one month, then?

I know you are not so naive as to think men and women spend anywhere near the same amount of time, money, or concern over clothing.

What is the real question?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Not at all - I don't expect someone making 80k a year to be able to match the wardrobe of someone making 350k a year.

Why should she? If she wanted the $350k/year wardrobe, she should have focused a bit more on her education, like Mrs Obama did.

Blues,
Dave

Or marry a potential senator who will earmark 4 times the amount of the raise to the company that gave it to her. Hmmmm. Forget about that did we?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Blues,
Dave

Or marry a potential senator who will earmark 4 times the amount of the raise to the company that gave it to her. Hmmmm. Forget about that did we?

Or marry a secessionist and win a beauty pageant and a few popularity contests to attract the attention of the Republican candidate for President so his campaign can buy it. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

By KENNETH R. BAZINET

Jamison/AP

i see your neglecting to give all the information again. like what did Obama pay for his suites? those are not cheap. also the clothes that Palin got most will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. so something good will become of the money spent.

"But hours after the story was posted on Politico's website and legal issues were raised, the campaign issued a new statement."
"With all of the important issues facing the country right now, it’s remarkable that we’re spending time talking about pantsuits and blouses," said spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. "It was always the intent that the clothing go to a charitable purpose after the campaign." Notice the AFTER it became public part? Kinda like when she went back and edited reciepts and stuff AFTER all the airline and hotel room charges became public.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Blues,
Dave

Or marry a secessionist and win a beauty pageant and a few popularity contests to attract the attention of the Republican candidate for President so his campaign can buy it. ;)

Blues,
Dave

:D
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Blues,
Dave

Now that's unworthy commentary. Obama was married in 1992, about 1 year after he graduated from law school, and 5 years before he became a STATE senator. Michelle had plenty of earning potential in her own right: 4 years before she married Barack, she graduated from Harvard Law School.

livendive understood I was being sarcastic but since you brought it up..... I'm sure you only see it as a coincidence but I find it amusingly interesting Miss Harvard Law Grad didn't reach her current earning potential until hubby was elected US Senator.

Most professionals find that their earning potential increases significantly with the passage of time, regardless of spouse. I think you're on a loser with that smear.

Maybe she should just get a personal designer like Mrs. Obama?

How the hell this is an issue is simply beyond me.

I'm sure it's not...to the people who said Kerry's $1,000 haircut meant he wasn't a "man of the people" or who referred to Edwards as "Breck Girl" for his $400 haircuts. Come to think of it, I also seem to remember a big fuss in here about a certain US senator marrying into a fortune and having a bunch of houses as a result...except that was about Kerry, not McCain.

Same shit, different year.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Now that's unworthy commentary. Obama was married in 1992, about 1 year after he graduated from law school, and 5 years before he became a STATE senator. Michelle had plenty of earning potential in her own right: 4 years before she married Barack, she graduated from Harvard Law School.

And a year after her raise, the hospital got a $1M earmark that was supported by a certain senator... but I'm sure that's ALL coincidence.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706