BillyVance

Did anybody watch

Democrats want to do what's best for the country by putting another lawyer in office. AWESOME! One sure way to guarantee real change guys.

No offense to lawrocket, but I'm with GOOOH.com when they say that being a lawyer should disqualify you.

Yet you denounce Bush, probably think Palin is underqualifid/unfit to be pres one day, and you want McCain, a guy that is 90% that of Bush. Fix your own house first.

Too many questionable Islamic/Muslim/anti-American connections and he's been trying to cover them up or make them like they're not a big deal.

Hey Bill you do realize that Islam or being a Muslim is not synonymous with Anti-American right?

It seems it has become ok to be racist against Muslims, but its not it is just as ignorant as saying Jesse loving/Catholic/Child rapist.

Just wanted to throw that out their yet again that its not ok to think Muslim = Evil. What I have found frustrating is that IF Obama was Muslim he would not have a chance in US. This is the land of the free and not Nazi Germany.

Bill just my opinion hear: You could not find a more bias hateful person to listen to then Sean Hanity. He is fucking nuts, and has a history of saying untruths.

For the record Bill I am in no way suggesting that you are a racist.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yet you denounce Bush, probably think Palin is underqualifid/unfit to be pres one day, and you want McCain, a guy that is 90% that of Bush. Fix your own house first.

I'm not sure that made any sense. But I'll try to respond.

I will vote McCain because he is not Obama. I think McCain has many flaws that I REALLY don't like. I think Obama has way more. See, I can and will criticize republicans in whatever office when they do stupid things I don't agree with, like voting FOR the bailout. Will you get all over Obama when he screws up?

I think Bush has made many mistakes and it makes me mad that his being a republican has hurt conservatism as a whole. I think Palin is pretty damn wet behind the ears. I think Obama is just as much so. I do think that for the party that claims to be for "the little guy", you sure do have problems with a "little guy" getting into office.
Oh, hello again!

>I will vote McCain because he is not Obama.

It doesn't come as a surprise that most republicans are voting for the person they hate least, based on how much negativity is coming out of the right these days. I think a lot of people actually believe all the nonsense that's been floating around these days - Obama is a secret Muslim, McCain is a Manchurian candidate, Obama pals around with terrorists, McCain is senile. All of that is crap that's been thrown on the wall by the other party in hopes it will stick. It's unfortunate, because our energy as a body politic could be much better spent talking about the merits of each instead of trying to wipe the crap off the walls.

Both would make good presidents. Both are smart guys. Both have enough experience. Both can do the job. I am voting for the better of the two, not the least bad of the two.

Teaching a law class is running something. Organizing various foundations is running something. You might find it trivial because poor people must suck, but he has constantly and selflessly organized/ran things in a very meritorious way.

No - teaching a law class is teaching. Organizing various foundations is organizing, although it's a bit closer to executive experience than being a Senator.

I don't recall saying ANYTHING about poor people - do you have this habit of trying to put words in people's mouths in face to face conversation, too?

BTW, I was raised in what would be considered a 'poor' household - my Dad was an OTR truck driver and my mother was an cafeteria worker. I don't recall them ever making more than $40k combined.

OTOH, what has McCain ran or organized? The guy is a war hero, served his country, but what has he ran/organized? If Obama's 12 years between the state senate and the US Senate is not running anything, then McCain's is the same; what's your point?

You're touting Obama's senate experience as being more important than Palin's executive experience - that make McCain more experienced in THAT mileau than Obama.

Don't shoot yourself TOO many times in the foot, bub.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think most conservatives definitely have problems with McCain. Much more than democrats do with Obama. Maybe it's all the hype and marketing around him, but it really does seem like no one from his side really criticizes him. It just seems a little dishonest to me.

Both would make good presidents. Both are smart guys. Both have enough experience. Both can do the job. I am voting for the better of the two, not the least bad of the two.

I disagree about the experience... I, too, think I'm voting for the better of the two. I'd just prefer two even better candidates.
Oh, hello again!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'm not sure that made any sense. But I'll try to respond.

What doesn't makes sense of it? I'll break it down:

1) you denounce Bush

2) probably think Palin is underqualifid/unfit to be pres

3) you want McCain, a guy that is 90% that of Bush

1 and 2 establish your logic/position, 3 establishes a contradiction to that logic. I realize you were just posturing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I will vote McCain because he is not Obama. I think McCain has many flaws that I REALLY don't like. I think Obama has way more.

There's the third option; don't vote. Abstanence is teh act of saying,"I don't like anything, hence I won't vote." By voting for McCain, you are proactively trying to get the senile guy in, quit apologizing for your choise; wear it like a badge. :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>See, I can and will criticize republicans in whatever office when they do stupid things I don't agree with, like voting FOR the bailout.

But cutting taxes, going into Iraq, etc are nto screw-ups, right:S. Didn't hear ya yalkin about those.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will you get all over Obama when he screws up?

Yes, as I did Clinton or other presidents I liked.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think Bush has made many mistakes and it makes me mad that his being a republican has hurt conservatism as a whole.

truth be it, your own party, as in the electorate, hurt themselves. It's not as Bush misrepresented himself. You could have nominated McCain, but your party did not so blame them/yourself. The neo-cons hurt themselves and now they pay.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think Palin is pretty damn wet behind the ears. I think Obama is just as much so.

Obama:

> obtained early education in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Hawaii; continued education at Occidental College, Los Angeles, Calif.; received a B.A. in 1983 from Columbia University, New York City;

> worked as a community organizer in Chicago, Ill.;

> studied law at Harvard University, where he became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review, and received J.D. in 1991;

> lecturer on constitutional law, University of Chicago;

> member, Illinois State senate 1997-2004;

> elected as a Democrat to the U.S. Senate in 2004 for term beginning January 3, 2005.

PALIN:

> Palin attended several colleges and universities. In 1982, she enrolled at Hawaii Pacific College but left after her first semester. She transferred to North Idaho community college, where she spent two semesters as a general studies major. From there, she transferred to the University of Idaho for two semesters. She then attended the Matanuska-Susitna community college in Alaska for one term. The next year she returned to the University of Idaho where she spent three semesters completing her Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism, graduating in 1987.

> Palin won the Miss Wasilla Pageant then finished third in the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant

> In 1988, she worked as a sports reporter for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage, Alaska, and for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman as a sports reporter

> Sarah Palin was elected twice to the city council of Wasilla, in 1992 and 1995.

> Mayor of Wasilla for 8 years

> Gov of Alaska for 20 months

So let's be real, beauty queen 2nd runner up, city council member, mayor of a town of 7k, gov of a state with a puny population doesn't make a VP candidate or compare to Obama in any way, again, after your comparison to a pres nominee and a VP nominee. And I didn't even bring up her transient college path that ended up with one of the easiest degrees possible.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I do think that for the party that claims to be for "the little guy", you sure do have problems with a "little guy" getting into office.

Palin is not really the little guy. Just because she lacks experiene or education doesn't make her little. If this http://www.northjersey.com/news/nationalpolitics/30239644.html is little, I wanna be little. Nice try tho, she come soff as country stupid, hence little, but she is not.

What doesn't makes sense of it? I'll break it down:

1) you denounce Bush

2) probably think Palin is underqualifid/unfit to be pres

3) you want McCain, a guy that is 90% that of Bush

1 and 2 establish your logic/position, 3 establishes a contradiction to that logic. I realize you were just posturing.

I denounced Bush? Where? Where did I say Palin was unfit to be president? It actually might be nice to have someone who's WAY outside of Washington running things, and a non-lawyer to boot.

I also disagree that McCain is 90% Bush, but the party line rolls so smoothly off your tongue. Keep it up. I realize you're just parroting.

There's the third option; don't vote. Abstanence is teh act of saying,"I don't like anything, hence I won't vote." By voting for McCain, you are proactively trying to get the senile guy in, quit apologizing for your choise; wear it like a badge.

Unfortunately for you and those who think like you, I have to vote for which of the two would be better going forward. Abstinence from voting and a 3rd party are not a realistic option. I think your attempts to frame McCain as "senile" are pathetic. More parroting of the far left lines.

But cutting taxes, going into Iraq, etc are nto screw-ups, right. Didn't hear ya yalkin about those.

I think going into Iraq was something that needed to be done eventually. How it has been handled? That is where I differ from the current policy. Lowering taxes? Hasn't been done enough if you ask me. Get rid of capital gains and corporate taxes. Bring investment and work back to the US. What else can I help you with?

truth be it, your own party, as in the electorate, hurt themselves. It's not as Bush misrepresented himself. You could have nominated McCain, but your party did not so blame them/yourself. The neo-cons hurt themselves and now they pay.

The REPUBLICANS hurt themselves by not sticking to conservative principles. It just made it easier for those who try to appeal to the lowest common denominator blame them for the country's problems.

Nice analysis on Obama and Palin. That just shows how elitist you are and your general disdain for someone more like the average citizen. You don't want change, you want your politician in there. You don't like the idea of someone from outside getting in. Why?
Oh, hello again!

[reply}Palin is not really the little guy. Just because she lacks experiene or education doesn't make her little. If this http://www.northjersey.com/news/nationalpolitics/30239644.html is little, I wanna be little.

In this league, it is little. Cheney saves more than she and her husband make, just from the change in taxes on dividends that were put through after he and Bush came into office. I make more than she and her husband combined, and have more assets, but I am much better educated than they are.

Democrats want to do what's best for the country by putting another lawyer in office. AWESOME! One sure way to guarantee real change guys.

No offense to lawrocket, but I'm with GOOOH.com when they say that being a lawyer should disqualify you.

I'm with you on that. Who the hell has gotten us into this mess? Everybody has, but lawyers and highly educated had their own special role. Look at Barney Frank (Harvard Law) agreeing with the former head of Freddi Mac (Harvard Law) that further regulations aren't needed.

Lawyers, MBA's, etc., created these laws and new investment strategies. It took economists and financial whizzes to dream these things up.

I'm with you. It's why I find myself so detesting the "unqualified" mantra being spewed by both sides. The "qualified" got us here.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hey Bill you do realize that Islam or being a Muslim is not synonymous with Anti-American right?

It seems it has become ok to be racist against Muslims, but its not it is just as ignorant as saying Jesse loving/Catholic/Child rapist.

This drives me crazy as well. My daughter wore an Obama shirt to school and a fellow classmate asked her how she could wear that shirt because " Obama is a Muslim." My daughter replied that no he wasn't a Muslim but even if it was so, WHO CARES???"

What I have learned Darius, is that you can't argue with stupid or ignorant.:|