KrisFlyZ

Colin Powell endorses Obama

It amazes me that you people continue to reference McCain in the defense of Obama.
When did I say McCain was stable?
This is the problem with you Obama lovers. You know he's a loser so the only way you can defend him is by comparing him to a bigger loser.

If you think that McCain is the worse candidate then why do you spend all your time attacking Obama?

(Will you be voting for an Independant, or just not voting?)

Whom I will vote for isn't important. My point in this thread isn't attacking Obama so much as attacking those that use deflection as his defense. Deflection is a tactic used by teenagers when they find themselves in trouble and try to wiggle their way out. It is not appropriate for the defense of the actions of a candidate for President of the US.

Have you noticed that Marg's posts are almost never replied to or debated with?

Oh, that. Well, that's cuz nobody reads past the first paragraph.

:D:D
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I'm not sure it is deflection so much as the realization (resignation?) that we only have two choices.

Let's say you go with your wife to the car dealer and he says, "I have two cars, the green one and the gray one. The green one gets 10mpg and takes 20 secs to get to 60 mph. The gray one gets 11 mpg and takes 19 sec to get to 60mph. Which one do you want?"

In debating with your wife about which to buy, a perfectly valid response to her complaint about the low gas milage of the green one is that the gray one is slower, so therefore also less desireable. Is it deflection? Yes, technically, but that doesn't make it any less useful to the debate. If you had 100 choices, it might be less useful to point out the flaws of car #78 when she is talking about car #33. We don't get 100 choices, our choice is binary, so binary comparisons are useful.

- Dan G

so Powell gets a pass on the bad intel but Bush doesn't?
interesting the way some people see all of this information in supporting their own beliefs in the candidate they prefer.

isn't it funny how Powell was part of the problem until he traded sides? Powell was part of the rep party for as long as i can remember and has followed the rep party views for that time. seems to me that he traded sides for other reasons than his political views.
Powell said in his speech he was unhappy about the nasty camaigning coming out of the rep's camp, did he not see the shit coming out of Obama's camp? the percentage of negative ads is higher from the rep's side but Obama has spent more money and time on negative ads than McCain. Just because the percentages are in favor of Obama doesn't mean the actual #s are in his favor. this i guess would make Powell's reasons to switch a lie or at least a misrepresentation of his motives.

interesting the way some people see all of this information in supporting their own beliefs in the candidate they prefer.

isn't it funny how Powell was part of the problem until he traded sides? Powell was part of the rep party for as long as i can remember and has followed the rep party views for that time. seems to me that he traded sides for other reasons than his political views.
Powell said in his speech he was unhappy about the nasty camaigning coming out of the rep's camp, did he not see the shit coming out of Obama's camp? the percentage of negative ads is higher from the rep's side but Obama has spent more money and time on negative ads than McCain. Just because the percentages are in favor of Obama doesn't mean the actual #s are in his favor. this i guess would make Powell's reasons to switch a lie or at least a misrepresentation of his motives.

Or you could open your eyes and take a good look at the GOP, 2008 edition.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

and you still didn't answer the question on how much Obama spent on his suite. lets be fair now. nobody is comparing just critisizing. you don't think Obama didn't spend 75-100k on his suites. $3000-$4000 a piece and i know he has at least 20 of them. Obam has spent 4 times the amount as McCain on this campaign, talk about waste!

and you still didn't answer the question on how much Obama spent on his suite. lets be fair now. nobody is comparing just critisizing. you don't think Obama didn't spend 75-100k on his suites. $3000-$4000 a piece and i know he has at least 20 of them. Obam has spent 4 times the amount as McCain on this campaign, talk about waste!

Since YOU know so much about Obama's suits, why don't YOU do YOUR own research and tell us the total. While you're about it, tell us how much McCain and Biden spent too. (Judging by Biden's appearance, it looks like he got his off the shelf at J.C Penney)

Obam has spent 4 times the amount as McCain on this campaign, talk about waste!

It's indeed a sign of the times when Republicans cry out against one candidate having larger war chest than the other.
Just an observation.

I didn't hear much whining from Republicans in 2000.

It's indeed a sign of the times when Republicans cry out against one candidate having larger war chest than the other.
Just an observation.

I didn't hear much whining from Republicans in 2000.

I heard a bit of whining in 2004. I think the playing field was about equal for that one.
IMO, we should have 100% public financing. If third parties want to run ads then they need to be held to some sort of standard. If they lie or deliberately mislead in their ads then they pay a huge fine and are prohibited from running any more ads. I'm thinking that outlets that use the term "news" in their name also need to be held to the same standard.
I can dream can't I?:ph34r:

Obam has spent 4 times the amount as McCain on this campaign, talk about waste!

Just an observation.

getting pissy about some money spent on clothes is the issue here. i was just pointing out that Obama has wasted alot more than that, so why the issue about the Palin family clothing bill?

>so why the issue about the Palin family clothing bill?

I've got no issue with it. If the republicans want to spend some of their few remaining dollars on new shoes for Palin, go for it. Heck, spend it all on hookers and whiskey if they want. When GOP donors gave them the money it did not come with any restrictions.

Since YOU know so much about Obama's suits, why don't YOU do YOUR own research and tell us the total. While you're about it, tell us how much McCain and Biden spent too. (Judging by Biden's appearance, it looks like he got his off the shelf at J.C Penney)

why should either be an issue? is there nothing better to bitch about? but if you are going to bitch about one you should first gather the facts about the other and then see if there is really a reason to bitch. also i don't think Obama is going to give his clothes to charity after the election so i would say the real injustice would be on his end>

>so why the issue about the Palin family clothing bill?

I've got no issue with it. If the republicans want to spend some of their few remaining dollars on new shoes for Palin, go for it. Heck, spend it all on hookers and whiskey if they want. When GOP donors gave them the money it did not come with any restrictions.

you may not but alot of other people seem to have an issue with it. but you know if she wasn't dressed well then they would bich about that. but i think that they just want to avoid what is really important that way Obama doesn't have a chance to put his foot in his mouth and possibly loose.

Let's say you go with your wife to the car dealer and he says, "I have two cars, the green one and the gray one. The green one gets 10mpg and takes 20 secs to get to 60 mph. The gray one gets 11 mpg and takes 19 sec to get to 60mph. Which one do you want?"

In debating with your wife about which to buy, a perfectly valid response to her complaint about the low gas milage of the green one is that the gray one is slower, so therefore also less desireable.

No it isn't.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>but you know if she wasn't dressed well then they would bich about that.

I doubt it. No one was "biching" about her clothing before she spent all that money at Nieman-Marcus. Indeed, I thought her down-home everywoman persona was a selling point for her back when she first was named as the VP candidate.

>but i think that they just want to avoid what is really important that way Obama
>doesn't have a chance to put his foot in his mouth and possibly loose.

?? The GOP spends $150,000 on clothing for their vice presidential candidate -and it's the democrats trying to avoid what is really important? Well, OK then.

getting pissy about some money spent on clothes is the issue here.

Sorry, I've been skimming through the thread, trying to gloss over things of no importance. I caught "suite" and figured it was a comment on lodging expenses as part of the bigger issue of campaign spending (started the morning hearing Karen Hughes boohooing about lenders to Obama). I didn't realize that we were talking about clothing. Sorry I commented.
WWTFD?
(What would Tammy Faye do?)

Yes it is:P

Not to 60mph it isn't, and since you left top speeds undefined that's the only speed criteria we have to go on.

Your wife is quite correct in stating the the green car is less desirable (unless you enjoy wasting more fuel in a slower accelerating car) and your disagreement with her is based solely on your misunderstanding of the facts:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?