Suicide net Golden Bridge!

unfortunately, not having any deterance has wasted a lot of lives. Average is about 25 per year.

There are a lot of places within walking distance of the GGB where one can jump to their deaths. Is that $50M spent on this going to save even 5 of those 25? Can it be used differently to a better end? Will those 25 find a way to attempt suicide that takes others with them (jumping off overpasses, for example)?

One method of payment suggest hitting up the walkers and bikers...why should they pay to enjoy a national landmark/view because some don't want life anymore?

You miss the point. If they can't do it off the bridge they will do some other way. The numbers remain the same.

I absolutely understand where you're comming from; however, I keep wondering about those that think "Jumping Off the Indominable Golden Gate" is a more glorious way to pass on. Perhaps they are not comfortable dying in other ways. Think about all the ways to die.....To me, the Golden Gate sounds like a nice option....almost enticing.

On the other side, I keep wondering about how many lives the Golden Gate saves....I imagine taking that long walk, almost with a smile on my face, happy that its almost over. My heart start to pump faster...I say fuck that, I'm doing this shit...I stop walking cause I know if I think about it any longer, it ain't gonna happen. I hop the rail, and my heart starts to thump strong in it's final attempt to save my life...Than, in this extreme personal moment I look out and realize something I never thought before and live out my day....or I just get scarred like a pussy. Either way, I'm ending the night with a fat steak, a beer and some boobies.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...