Suicide net Golden Bridge!

Even though I've been there a few times I can't remember, do they have free phones on the bridge to the Samaritans? (Or am I just imagining they do?)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I think if people want to off themselves.. they should have that right.

I would prefer they get the help they need.. but when they want to leave this plane of existence I dont think anyone has the right to stop them.

Sorry nobody has the "right" to try and kill themselves. My wife is in the middle of a living hell right now as her brother tried to commit suicide circa 10 days ago. She is living and sleeping in intensive care and she has just been given the lovely task of making the decision to turn off life support>:(>:(>:( about 2 hours ago.

If people are to have the "right" to commit suicide then it must be in clinical conditions to avoid innocent people having to deal with the shit that follows.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

There will always be shit to deal with when someone commits suicide whether it is clinical or not.
As selfish as the act is, it affects a LOT of people.
It leaves a huge mess for everyone else to deal with.

Yeah I know that [:/]

On the brighter side since this thread is about the Golden gate bridge which I understand from the video's is 250ft high instead of the net why don't the base community provide prototype rigs for jumpers? Low cost R&D for base manufacturers if people change their minds on the way down:o. The rigs can be funded with public money instead of the net - its a win win situation:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Sorry nobody has the "right" to try and kill themselves. My wife is in the middle of a living hell right now as her brother tried to commit suicide circa 10 days ago. She is living and sleeping in intensive care and she has just been given the lovely task of making the decision to turn off life support>:(>:(>:( about 2 hours ago.

If people are to have the "right" to commit suicide then it must be in clinical conditions to avoid innocent people having to deal with the shit that follows.

since that is not permitted, people get to do it themselves, laws be damned. Everyone has the right to life, or to end their own if they choose. Yes, others won't be happy, it's selfish as hell, but the individual's rights outweight those people.

Far preferable they go into the bay and become shark food than jump in front of Caltrain and stop tens of thousands of people.

Sorry nobody has the "right" to try and kill themselves. My wife is in the middle of a living hell right now as her brother tried to commit suicide circa 10 days ago. She is living and sleeping in intensive care and she has just been given the lovely task of making the decision to turn off life support about 2 hours ago.

Good point.That would solve a lot of problems that some people have with dealing with life... and want sympathy over and over with the " I want to die" bullshit.

That said, when I decide it is time to discorporate that is my right, I will not make that decision lightly. I also would not botch the job.

SAN FRANCISCO — After decades of debate, and unknown numbers of lost lives, the board that controls the Golden Gate Bridge took a major step toward building a suicide barrier on Friday, voting to erect a net under the span.

It is everywhere. Did you look on the ballots? There are even worse money-spenders there. Just checked the first three. Looks like a joke.

Proposition 1A.. That's the funniest one so far. The whole proposition together with proponent arguments sounds like it was written by someone living in a different reality. The cost of getting a loan nowadays is probably the highest during the last thirty years, the state of California has a huge budget deficit and needs federal money to be bailed out of default, and now someone offers to issue MORE bonds to get even deeper in debt? It's not even clear who gonna buy a bonds from the state which cannot balance its budget as the state cannot print money. The gold mine from the property appraisal nighmare is gone and hopefully will never be back, and the economy is in trouble so raising taxes would not be a reasonable option. It is like buying an expensive car when your credit cards are maxed and you're unemployed. Just stupid. And the cost estimation is a complete joke. A 17-mile BART extension has estimated cost 2 BILLION dollars. And of course it will not be paid off just by users - I cannot remember any railroad in the world which is supported only by user fees.

And, to add another point, I completely agree with the statement like "Californians’ problem is not getting from San Francisco to Los Angeles, it’s getting into work each day." In fact it's much faster to get to San Diego from San Jose than to get to Byron from San Jose using public transportation available. The problem is not that there is no train from San Jose to San Diego. The problem is that once you get out of this train, in most cases you'll need to rent a car to get to your destination. Or you could spend three hours and change three buses to drive you through those seven miles.

Proposition 2.
Wow. "Proposition 2 is a moderate measure that stops cruel and inhumane treatment of animals". So they saying that we will not castrate pets or treat farm animals as food source, slaughter them and eat them? No, it seems to be ok. The problem the authors have is that the animal cannot stretch its limbs. So slaughtering and castrating is fine and not cruel, but before the animal is slaughtered, it should be allowed to stretch limbs. What a good example of hypocrisy. And, of course, it's there "to protect the environment". How didn't they mention that it also "protects our children?" Will someone think about our poor kids?!

Proposition 3.
Ok, this one IS to "protect our children" by spending more of our money. Again, don't people read the news? Do we really need to spend more money now to provide better care to provide better care to those "without regard to a family’s income or ability to pay."? Sorry, but life sucks. A lot of families who are able to pay for their family healthcare now are in trouble. Those who cannot pay will have to share this trouble as well.

California has screwed up, but a lot of people still live in different reality.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Wow...god forbid you learn anything. Good day sir.

So let's summarize. You made a point that you voted against cruelty toward animals. I asked whether your cruelty extends to slaughtering and castrating the animals, and you instead just provided a link without any comments, and refused to answer. So what should I learn out of it? Probably nothing new - most people who vote "yes" for 2 are hypocritical. That's it.

LOL I provided the link before your question. If you want to continue to engage in a discussion about this and have me answer your questions then you will meet me on middle ground and watch the video which only shows the conditions which these chickens live in at an egg farm in Norco. That's it.

Otherwise good day sir.....I said good day!
www.FourWheelerHB.com

. . . most people who vote "yes" for 2 are hypocritical.

Not at all.

Castrating and slaughtering are very short term events, painful as they may be.

Prop 2 is aimed at easing the suffering of an animal over the course of it's entire life -- big difference.

Not that many meat eating people give a shit about animal suffering of course -- long as their Bucket 'O Suffering awaits them down at good ole KFC when they need to stuff down a few animal parts.

. . =(_8^(1)

Not that many meat eating people give a shit about animal suffering of course -- long as their Bucket 'O Suffering awaits them down at good ole KFC when they need to stuff down a few animal parts

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Massive quantities of dead animal parts.

:ph34r:

LOL I provided the link before your question.

Being here for a while I've learned to wait for direct answer instead of trying to guess what the opponent meant to say from the provided source, as it looks like I never get it right, and end up chasing the moving target. That's why I've asked YOUR opinion, and not opinions of some partisan organization - their opinions are well-known and well-paid.
It does not make any sense to discuss things with the link.

If you want to continue to engage in a discussion about this and have me answer your questions then you will meet me on middle ground and watch the video

What for? All those partisan videos are the same. I have seen millions of them, and I even made some of them in past. Let me guess what I'm going to see there - poor chicken in a cage they have to spend there for a whole life and cannot move, videoed in dark ugly colors close to black-and-white with background screams and images of terror. Interviewed some very emotional "experts" telling the people how the animals suffer from it, and how bad the food is as the result. That's how I'd do it. Maybe some scientist, religious or animal "expert" testimonies too depending on target audience. All actors, of course. No real facts which could be easy to verify, all gossip and reference to "everyone knows". Is it something like that?