Suicide net Golden Bridge!

"based on ignorance"

I do not think the animals should be treated like human beings. After all, we raise them to be killed and eaten. This is my position, and it will not change how many movies of suffering animals I'm asked to watch. This is not ignorance.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Do you think this will prevent/save anyone from taking their own life?

This is stupid. What would stop someone from jumping into the net and then crawling to the edge of the net and jumping again from there if they really wanted to? Do we then need a suicide net... net? Also, have they thought about this opening themselves to liability when some drunk dumb fuck not bent on killing themselves thinks it would be fun to jump into the net, hurts themselves and then sues. Drunk dumb fucks have jumped or "accidently fell" (yeah right) from the upper teirs of baseball stadiums into the foul ball nets and lived... some have admited they did it for kicks.

Shouldnt people be able to take their own life if they really wanted?

This is a more difficult question... On one hand, if someone is bent on doing themselves in, part of me says we should be prepared to help save themselves from themself... while on the other hand, part of me says "no way" should we have to go to extra ordinary steps like building suicide nets under the golden gate bridge... what's next, suicide nets around the tops of all buidlings over 5 stories tall? As for he philosophical angel on whether or not someone should be allowed to kill themselves. That's a different story.

So when this net is up, if we have to pay a user fee to walk the bridge, does that mean we have purchased the right to use the net. If so we should all get together on "opening day" and go jump into the net.B|

This is one of the big questions. There seems to be a claim that it would trap the jumper and require them being fished out (thus reducing the double jumpers), but there's also a notion that it's not 100% guaranteed to save you either.

What for?

Couldn't hurt -- you're current position on the subject couldn't possibly be more ignorant than it is.

(Paging grammar police - we got a live rant)

Look, video links, aside from being generally crappy, aren't a business hour compatible form of proof. If that's all you got, yes, good day, sir.

There is a lot of classism behind this initiative. It certainly will increase costs, so it's fair to label it a regressive tax by the morality police, coming from people who don't eat meat, and those who can afford Neiman Ranch and othre smaller producers.

Doesn't seem to do anything to help those in state compete with out of state producers without these requirements.

Castrating and slaughtering are very short term events, painful as they may be.

Prop 2 is aimed at easing the suffering of an animal over the course of it's entire life -- big difference.

So just to grossly reinterpret your remarks - you'd rather be castrated than have to work in a cubible your whole life?

Not that many meat eating people give a shit about animal suffering of course -- long as their Bucket 'O Suffering awaits them down at good ole KFC when they need to stuff down a few animal parts.

I know that if a shark ate me, he isn't going to be crying over my fate either.

That's a really bad reinterpretation but you are right that it's a bane for animal farm businesses in CA in that it will cost them more money to do business which will in turn make them less competitive. I seriously considered that while weighing my decision.

Did you watch the video? I didn't. Not prior to making my decision at least.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Not a card carrying PETA member I'd guess.

Hey now.. I LOVE animals... all kinds of animals

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

:P

There's room for ALL of God's animals... right next to the mashed potatos!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So when this net is up, if we have to pay a user fee to walk the bridge, does that mean we have purchased the right to use the net. If so we should all get together on "opening day" and go jump into the net.B|

This is one of the big questions. There seems to be a claim that it would trap the jumper and require them being fished out (thus reducing the double jumpers), but there's also a notion that it's not 100% guaranteed to save you either.

Neither is your parachute.

Neither is your parachute.

Well, it may be far short of even that. And of course there is no secondary. Given the unknowns, I think it would be unwise for even a baser to try it.

And of course there is no secondary. Given the unknowns, I think it would be unwise for even a baser to try it.

Oh, come on. Where's your sense of adventure???

:P

I bicycle that bridge - in the middle of summer with hundreds of tourists who barely can ride straight going both ways on a 8ft wide sidewalk, it's truly an adventure.

I do not think the animals should be treated like human beings. After all, we raise them to be killed and eaten. This is my position, and it will not change how many movies of suffering animals I'm asked to watch. This is not ignorance.

You are right. I thought about my response later, and figured it's possible you're not ignorant of any facts at all on the topic -- instead, maybe you just don't give a flying fuck about animal welfare.

I stand corrected.

. . =(_8^(1)

There is a lot of classism behind this initiative. It certainly will increase costs, so it's fair to label it a regressive tax by the morality police, coming from people who don't eat meat, and those who can afford Neiman Ranch and othre smaller producers.

Doesn't seem to do anything to help those in state compete with out of state producers without these requirements.

True as your observations may be, the result is a positive move towards better animal welfare. More cost associated with improved conditions is a cost I (and a growing number of caring people) am willing to pay for. Hopefully, ALL states will make similar moves in the future.

. . =(_8^(1)

This is stupid. What would stop someone from jumping into the net and then crawling to the edge of the net and jumping again from there if they really wanted to?

Many survivors of these types of attempts have said that the moment their hands let go of the bridge, they regreted their decision. A net would allow those that have regreted the decision to commit suicide a second chance to live their lives.

This is stupid. What would stop someone from jumping into the net and then crawling to the edge of the net and jumping again from there if they really wanted to?

Many survivors of these types of attempts have said that the moment their hands let go of the bridge, they regreted their decision. A net would allow those that have regreted the decision to commit suicide a second chance to live their lives.

And do you really think people would still try to commit suicide by jumping off the bridge knowing there was a net in place? I think not. They will just try to find some other way to off themselves. I think the the whole net idea is a waste of time and money.

And do you really think people would still try to commit suicide by jumping off the bridge knowing there was a net in place? I think not. They will just try to find some other way to off themselves. I think the the whole net idea is a waste of time and money.

unfortunately, not having any deterance has wasted a lot of lives. Average is about 25 per year.

unfortunately, not having any deterance has wasted a lot of lives. Average is about 25 per year.

You miss the point. If they can't do it off the bridge they will do some other way. The numbers remain the same.