kallend

It's the economy, stupid.

Isn't it?

All the rest is frill and diversion.

Indeed. Alas, what we need to do is fire all 536 and the executive branch en masse and get some fresh blood in there...

Honestly, it's too much to expect these clowns to pass term limits on themselves, so perhaps there's another way....hmmm...new thread coming up soon...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Isn't it?

Indeed. Alas, what we need to do is fire all 536 and the executive branch en masse and get some fresh blood in there...

Honestly, it's too much to expect these clowns to pass term limits on themselves, so perhaps there's another way....hmmm...new thread coming up soon...

QFT.

Add term limits to that for EVERYONE and you've got my vote!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Isn't it?

I don't think they caused the mess so much as allowed the mess. I think the mess became inevitable when the whiz kids discovered novel ways of packaging shit so it looked and smelled like rose petals.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Dow lost 18% this week, worst in its 112-year history. The Dow also shed more points in a week -- 1874.19 -- than it ever had previously. The Nasdaq dropped 15% and the S&P 500 declined 18% on the week.

Doesn't ANYONE else care?

>Doesn't ANYONE else care?

I know! If more people would just post on this thread instead of - you know - working and stuff, we could turn this whole economy around! Why doesn't anyone care about the economy?

They find plenty of time to post about Obama's citizenship, Obama's terrorist activities when he was 8 years old, Obama's middle name...

Isn't it?

Unless you are Warren Buffet and made $8B in the last few months and replacing Bill Gates as the richest man in the US after 15 years.

Notice he has been doing nothing other than buying stock with cash over the last few weeks. He'll be a powerhouse once this all clears.

The Dow lost 18% this week, worst in its 112-year history. The Dow also shed more points in a week -- 1874.19 -- than it ever had previously. The Nasdaq dropped 15% and the S&P 500 declined 18% on the week.

Doesn't ANYONE else care?

It's fundamentally sound, or so I hear.

Might be a good time to go purchase some index items that are connected to the Dow or S&P and sit on them for a few years. You'll make a killing. This is why it's smart to keep some of your value in cash.

But really, lets focus more on those negative trashy ads one camp is putting out.

Unless you are Warren Buffet and made $8B in the last few months and replacing Bill Gates as the richest man in the US after 15 years.

Not fair - Bill's wife gave away most of his money :P Nerds still rule!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The bad economy is a result of the people of this country not the government and, sadly, it is not much different than what happened in the great depression. People want to blame AGI for being greedy but what is the reality? The reality is that they insure banks against people who default on thier loans. What has happened is that too many people have taken loans they can't pay back and, as a result, AGI and other insurance companies have had to ensure these banks beyond what is financially available to them, putting them in debt. There are two causes with two solutions. If people would pay their loans and not take out more than they can handle, or the banks wouldn't give loans to people that have a history of not paying then we wouldn't have the current situation. Yet, in light of this we still hear commercial that say "good credit, bad credit, no credit, no problem." Public debt in the US is currently over 10 trillion dollars. This is the ultimate issue and the cause of the bad economy. The economy has been good because people have been buying and selling things up to this point, but the buying and selling without any actual exchange of money has finally caught up with the economy.
So who is to blame? It is all the individuals who over extend themselves and put themselves in debt. Why not blame the banks? Because it is not the banks who have put the individuals in debt. Yes they have allowed them to but it was still the individuals decision to take the loan and it is the individual who agreed to pay it back, and if they were not capable then they didn't have to take the loan. Noone forced the individual into debt.

>Doesn't ANYONE else care?

I know! If more people would just post on this thread instead of - you know - working and stuff, we could turn this whole economy around! Why doesn't anyone care about the economy?

They find plenty of time to post about Obama's middle name...

Well, at least have the courtesy to remind us.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I don't think they caused the mess so much as allowed the mess. I think the mess became inevitable when the whiz kids discovered novel ways of packaging shit so it looked and smelled like rose petals.

Like This?

Kris

Those guys are hilarious, and the explanation is right on.

GDP down in 3rd quarter www.marketwatch.com/news/story/GDP-falls-03-third-quarter/story.aspx?guid=%7B73AA79F1%2DD096%2D44A4%2DB380%2DE02AC20AE6B9%7D&dist=SecMostRead

Meanwhile Exxon Mobil posted record profits (almost $15Billion) for the quarter.

One also wonders why banks that are profitable enough to pay dividends needed to accept taxpayer bailout money.