rushmc

How Far Will We Have To Go to Stop Global Warming?

You beat me with this post by about 2 minutes. You knew it was gonna be a matter of time before the global warming nutbags came up with this. So now they want to ration my food? I thought they would want to ration the sale of gas and oil before they went after food.:S:S

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

You beat me with this post by about 2 minutes. You knew it was gonna be a matter of time before the global warming nutbags came up with this. So now they want to ration my food? I thought they would want to ration the sale of gas and oil before they went after food.:S:S

I really just hope this kind of stuff keeps coming out. This is not about global warming. It is about power, control and money. Our money[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I really just hope this kind of stuff keeps coming out. This is not about global warming. It is about power, control and money. Our money[:/]

How can your wish to eat meat be an argument against the science behind man made global warming?

/Martin

Actually, a lot of what the article says makes sense in that certain foods take more energy to produce than they are actually worth as far as nutritional value is concerned. Further, foods imported from half way around the world are also incredibly energy inefficient.

Is this the ultimate answer to the Global Warming question? No. Of course not.

Does making slightly better decisions about the food we eat a "bad idea"? Well, no. It's probably a good idea.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

especially "low nutritional value" treats such as alcohol, sweets and chocolates.

I find statements like these in essentially an article about scientific research very odd.

How so?

Let's say you were on a deserted island with limited resources. You had a few acres of land that was farmable, a cow and a still. Do you kill the cow and make steaks? Do you take whatever you grow and eat it and feed it to the cow or turn it into alcohol?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

especially "low nutritional value" treats such as alcohol, sweets and chocolates.

I find statements like these in essentially an article about scientific research very odd.

How so?

Let's say you were on a deserted island with limited resources. You had a few acres of land that was farmable, a cow and a still. Do you kill the cow and make steaks? Do you take whatever you grow and eat it and feed it to the cow or turn it into alcohol?

Feed the cow. I'll then have the cow assist me in plowing some ground. I'll then plant what I can with it, and use the cow to haul things to help keep the crop watered. And I'll share the provisions. Then I'll keep the cow nourished to help me harvest, whereupon I will eat and feed the cow. Before my crop rots, I'll ferment it and store it as alcohol to last me through some time.

Repeat.

What is recommended (actually, "demanded" in the article) is to kill the cow or let it die. Salvage whatever crops you can and hibernate during the winter, using stored energy.

It sounds good in theory. Sure, I am holding a New Belgium 1554 Black Ale right now. It's a "go caveman, lite" sort of thing.

as an aside - note the title of the blog. In the address bar is "food.ethicalliving." This is why it sounds like a religion to me. My ethics are different.

My wife is hotter than your wife.