freeflybella

Any chance Palin will hold her own during the debate?

It amazes me why conservatives love the Republican party so much.

It doesn't surprise me that some very wealthy conservatives love the Republican Party.

What does surprise me is why the "average person" would.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Obama called the Iraq war what it was back then. A huge mistake.
McCain has the same exact ideals and advisors GWB has. Palin doesn't have a clue about anything not Alaska.
It amazes me why conservatives love the Republican party so much.

I'm conservative, but I don't love the Republican party. I call bs when I see it, and nowhere on here will you hear me say that Iraq was a good idea. You can check back 5 years if you want. McCain made the mistake of voting yes on Iraq right along with some of your beloveds. To say he shares the same ideals as GWB is absolute bs. The reason I like McCain so much is because he will take on his own party if he thinks its crap. He's not a puppet on a string to his party like Obama is. Obama is a representation of the most extreme view of the democratic party and goes right along with them on almost every partisan issue.

And there are some of us who are amazed why anyone likes either party.

Because you really should make your vote count and currently a vote for an independent is a wasted vote.

I'm not saying that's the way it should be, I'm saying that's the way it is.
quade -

You probably could if you were at 125K feet AGL

Nope. You need a lesson in geometry or one in geography (or probably both).

He probably a member of the flat earth society, kind of like ID. I read a study that these folks are related to the ostrich family, evidenced by the head in the sand approach in dealing with reality.

I had forgotten that it was just a hair over 3692 miles from Alaska to Germany, obviously it would require being at a much greater altitude to see germany from Alaskan airspace.

Kallend needs lessons on other things.;)

So now you remember, how high would you have to be?

Nice PA, by the way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From Point Barrow . . . I'm guessing about 5,000 miles straight up. Maybe 4k.

Guess? Real men use trigonometry.

Mmmmm . . . it's more than just simple trig because the earth has a curvature.

Simple trig would mean it's a straight ratio no matter what the height. Since it has a curve on one side, that ratio is going to change until at some point its no longer possible to get any higher and see around the curve.

Here's the exact formula, but I'm still too lazy to actually do it.

quade -

You would also have to consider the GEOID instead of considering it as a SPHEROID.;)

And then the next thing ya know we need to start taking the index of refraction into consideration.
quade -

I am just wondering when kallend is going to check my answer, and tell me how wrong I am in my calculations.

Of course he will tell me I am wrong, only it will take him longer to prove it than it took for me to arrive at my answer.

Of course all I had was a simple calculator, and he does this kind of thing for a living.;)

I just don't get it. I really don't. Mccain picked Palin not because he wanted to put "Country First" but because he wanted to get elected. He took a gamble but he is willing to gamble on all of us by picking her. It's not like he's 60 years old and in stellar health and HONESTLY... how many of you really believe in your heart of hearts that she is capable of running the United States of America? Seriously??? It was and is a completely irresponsible impulsive choice that he made.

I'm not saying that she isn't a good woman who can't take care of Alaska (:|) but she doesn't represent me (also a mother of five) and the thought of her running the country is downright scary.

With that said, the expectations of her are so low that if she speaks one coherent sentence then she will get rave reviews.B|

[Please, expand your gathering. She is not as evil as the left wants us all to believe[:/]

Unles you are totally against anything conservative

I don't believe she's evil, I think she's dangerously stupid. 'Course, i tend to think anyone who believes man hunted dinosaurs is stupid, and I tend to think the same of folks that believe the earth is only 5k years old, too.
Fine if normal people believe in Santa Claus, but don't you think the potential POTUS should have a little more intelligence and/or education?

[Please, expand your gathering. She is not as evil as the left wants us all to believe[:/]

Unles you are totally against anything conservative

I don't believe she's evil, I think she's dangerously stupid. 'Course, i tend to think anyone who believes man hunted dinosaurs is stupid, and I tend to think the same of folks that believe the earth is only 5k years old, too.
Fine if normal people believe in Santa Claus, but don't you think the potential POTUS should have a little more intelligence and/or education?

Sounds like the same left demoization of Bush and Quale.

She is as smart as Biden or Obama.

Or they are way less dumb. Which way do you want to talk about it?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sarah Palin (or Parahsalin as I like to call her in the sporting spirit) is dumber than a box of Q-Tips.

Now let me elaborate on that statement:

1. She lacks the curiosity of the world that one would expect of a world class politician and leader. She just does not want to know about issues other than her immediate vicinity offers her.

2. She is intelectually lazy - her statements about papers she reads ("All of them they give me"), or about Supreme Court cases other than Roe v. Wade that she disagrees with ("well...all this stuff can be dealt with at a local level" - I guess she thinks the Supreme Court is useless) show a person who is not competent to run a country.

I am sure that she was a great PTA member, but what I want from this countrys leader is the ability and desire to comprehend the world. Based on this understanding of the global enviromnent, educated wise decisions pertaining to issues internal to our country can be made.

I want us to take back our leadership positon in the world. We can not do that if we have an undereducated spoiled 72 year old brat as president and a "gun totin' moose eatin' snow mobile ridin' will have to get back to ya' 'bout that question Charlie" female version of Joe Sixpack as VP/soon to be President. With all due respect to all Joe Sixpacks - we are interviewing for the most important position in this nation. We are the guys making the decision about our future and the future of next generations of Americans. If you want to elect a Joe Sixpack to the VP office forget sister Sarah, go the the nearest gas station in D.C. elect the dude who is manager in charge of the shift and spare yourself the relocation expenses for Sister Sarah, Todd, Trig, Clutch, her unborn child, her unwed boyfriend and his dog, Armoir, Tire and Saddle as well as their moose and snow mobile.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

She is as smart as Biden or Obama.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Someone owes me a monitor, now covered in spewed coffee.
You can't possibly be serious?

Even much of her own party thinks she's not terribly bright, and that's discounting her very scary religious beliefs.

McCain made this election fairly easy for me; had he chosen a legitimate running mate such as Jon Huntsman, Bobby Jindal, or even Mark Sanford, he could potentially have had my vote.