Rookie120

NO on the bailout!

I am watching live the vote for the financial bailout and the no vote had been given! More to come!

it really sucks that the dems need to bail themselves out at our expence. if it wasn't for clinton starting this shit we would not be here today. this news article puts blame were and when it should be put.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/25/1999-ny-times-article-revealed-true-cause-current-fannie-mae-crises

i don't know how to make it a clicky sorry. but this is good reading.

it really sucks that the dems need to bail themselves out at our expence. if it wasn't for clinton starting this shit we would not be here today. this news article puts blame were and when it should be put.

From your article ...

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

You do realize that low and moderate income people are only part of the current problem, don't you? The blame falls on the Democrats and Republicans but that won't stop people from voting Democrat or Republican ... >:(
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

From your article ...

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

You do realize that low and moderate income people are only part of the current problem, don't you? The blame falls on the Democrats and Republicans but that won't stop people from voting Democrat or Republican ... >:(

yes i Know that they are all responsible but the dem's did start the mess and the rep's didn't try hard enough to stop it.

I am watching live the vote for the financial bailout and the no vote had been given! More to come!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/25/1999-ny-times-article-revealed-true-cause-current-fannie-mae-crises

Pity that theory has been totally discredited by the facts of this crisis.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I am soooo happy this got shot down.

Why? Is it that you think the bailout will not work? Do you think that it will likely work, but sets a bad precedent? Do you think that federal funds should not go towards fixing the economy? If it were a smaller sum would you be less against it?

Sadly most people don’t have the knowledge base to understand the problem let alone the proposed “fix”. There is a long history running 150 years that shows when problems like this arise, as they have countless times through out the era of modern economies, depressions occur if there is no intervention. I don’t think people realize that 25% of the population could be out of work within two years. This bail out is not a good thing but it is necessary and the markets are incapable of fixing themselves. Anyone that wants a good read should buy Milton Friedman’s A Monetary History of the US. Today we stand on the edge of a history changing moment and apparently the ignorant masses fail to learn from history. God help us all.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

History also shows that religion is a cause of ignorance.

Amen to that:P

Cause? No

Effect - Yes, but only on those that would prefer to be ignorant instead thinking for themselves (just like political sheep for that matter)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Effect - Yes, but only on those that would prefer to be ignorant instead thinking for themselves (just like political sheep for that matter)

baaaa
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Last I checked, the GOP controlled the legislature from January 2005 to January 2007 and the White House from January 2001 to present. It also seems to me that it's mostly Wall Street investors who need this bailout, which is not exactly the DNC's core demographic But if you want to believe it's the Democrats who need bailing out from the mess they made despite being the minority party for the last decade, well, believe whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't try to convince the rest of us that your boys are perfectly innocent, because that just makes you look silly.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

What an incredibly perfect backdrop for this vote.

Blues,
Dave

Ya. That's a shopped pic btw. But the media never flavors the reporting towards the mood of fear, eh?

Pity that theory has been totally discredited by the facts of this crisis.

what facts? that McCain tried to stop this with a bill in 2005, but in 2006 the dem controlled congress kick it out. Yes this problem went unchecked under bush but that doesn't mean that the clinton era didn't start filling the baloon. The blame falls across the board but it is time for the dem's to start pointing fingers at themselves also.

this bailout failure is totally on the dem's. they can't even agree with themselves on this issue. i guess we shouldn't expect anything of value from the DO NOTHING CONGRESS.