Gawain

7-Eleven Clerk Shoots, Kills Robber

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17543880/detail.html#-

Police said a man was robbing the store at gunpoint when one of the two clerks pulled out his own gun and shot him in the neck.

They said the clerk is a concealed weapons permit holder.

I just thought I'd add to the mix in light of the economic discussions. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Police said a man was robbing the store at gunpoint when one of the two clerks pulled out his own gun and shot him in the neck.

Wow, fantastic news!

GOD BLESS GUNS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

News:
Store clerk tells police he shot man who pulled gun

A store clerk fatally shot a man in an attempted robbery Monday afternoon, police said.

The clerk told police that a man approached the counter of Tony’s Market about 2:25 p.m. and asked for a pack of cigarettes. As the clerk turned to grab the cigarettes, he saw the man pulling a gun from his waistband, he told police.

The clerk grabbed a gun he had hidden near the cigarettes and fired at the man, hitting him in the chest, according to the police.

The man stumbled out the front doors and collapsed.
Source: http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/808979.html

Two robbers killed in two days along 27th street in Kansas City. If the criminals read newspapers, I'll bet that 7-11 robberies will decline noticeably in that area hereafter.

I'll also bet that 7-11 will seek to fire the clerk who kept the gun in the store and shot the robber.

Just like Pizza Hut fires pizza deliverymen who shoot robbers in self defense.

And it's happened more than once!

Fucking pansy asses... If I had a store, and that clerk got fired, I'd hire him.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

need Vortexring there. he would have taken out the perp hand to gun. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'll also bet that 7-11 will seek to fire the clerk who kept the gun in the store and shot the robber.

Just like Pizza Hut fires pizza deliverymen who shoot robbers in self defense.

And it's happened more than once!

Fucking pansy asses... If I had a store, and that clerk got fired, I'd hire him.

Agreed. Me too.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Good for the clerk. The crook got what he deserved.

And if last week is typical, there were over 200 gun homicides in the USA, whose victims did NOT get what they deserved.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And if last week is typical, there were over 200 gun homicides in the USA, whose victims did NOT get what they deserved.

What's your source for that? I'm not disputing...well, not yet...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Wonder how many were gang related or were illegally carrying a firearm.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

According to the FBI there were 10865 shooting homicides in 2007, and in a typical year there are 52 weeks.

Or are you asking about getting "what they deserved"? Or whether last week was typical?

According to the FBI there were 10865 shooting homicides in 2007, and in a typical year there are 52 weeks.

Or are you asking about getting "what they deserved"? Or whether last week was typical?

Looks like a damn good reason to allow me and others who are law abiding to carry. I'd be happy if I could just open carry here.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Looks like a damn good reason to allow me and others who are law abiding to carry. I'd be happy if I could just open carry here.

Fine with me, as long as you're not as careless as the 300,000+ "law abiding gun owners" whose weapons fall into the hands of criminals each year (source, US DoJ report).

I'm one of those careless individuals that had four guns end up either being sold for drugs or used to commit crimes.:(

I've since become a better citizen by purchasing a Gun Safe which has been bolted to the floor in my closet. Dame thing weighs just over 800 lbs.

I'm one of those careless individuals that had four guns end up either being sold for drugs or used to commit crimes.:(

I've since become a better citizen by purchasing a Gun Safe which has been bolted to the floor in my closet. Dame thing weighs just over 800 lbs.

A burglarproof safe is mandatory for license holders/gun owners here. If not in use for hunting or the shooting range, they have to be locked in that safe. Period.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

300,000+ "law abiding gun owners" whose weapons fall into the hands of criminals each year (source, US DoJ report).

Keeping in mind that any stolen gun is by definition in the hands of a criminal and that any burgler worth his salt is going to try to find a victim's guns because they can be resold. So the report is not saying that 300,000 guns are stolen and used in crimes.
That stretch would be akin to me saying that since, in 1993, 71% of all violent crimes were comitted by perpetrators without guns (Another DoJ report), that unarmed assailants are more dangerous than armed ones.
One true statement is that if someone breaks my house while I'm away, they will most likely steal a gun. They won't steal the ones in my safe. On the other hnd, if someones breaks in to my house while I'm home, I'll probably have to replace the carpet and repaint the walls. I'll run those odds.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

300,000+ "law abiding gun owners" whose weapons fall into the hands of criminals each year (source, US DoJ report).

Keeping in mind that any stolen gun is by definition in the hands of a criminal and that any burgler worth his salt is going to try to find a victim's guns because they can be resold. So the report is not saying that 300,000 guns are stolen and used in crimes.

Once in the hands of criminals they are illegal guns and mere possession is a crime. Your argument is both silly and pure sophistry.

Besides, it's 300,000 thefts. some of which involve more than one gun, so it's well over 300k guns.

And you're inferring that there are 300K violent criminals armed with stolen weapons. I submit that we are equally off base. The only difference is that I didn't try to present my position as fact.

I inferred nothing of the sort. YOU inferred that, incorrectly, from my post.

If we could just get those pesky criminals to hand their weapons in....I know, lets make it illegal for people to use weapons when committing crimes!!!!

We could even make it illegal for felons to own weapons!!!!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334