SpeedRacer

Sarah Palin on the Financial Crisis.

She's not as extreme as everyone thinks although I understand why the media would paint her that way.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-11-palin-cover_N.htm

Natalie Schultz makes an excellent point here regarding Palin and abortion rights.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article4804.html

I realize you've already made up your mind about her but I thought I'd try anyways. :)

Nonsense, this does not even come close to the facts reported on such bastions of truth as dailykos, or DU

:S:S:S

She's not as extreme as everyone thinks although I understand why the media would paint her that way.

Natalie Schultz makes an excellent point here regarding Palin and abortion rights.

I realize you've already made up your mind about her but I thought I'd try anyways. :)

The GOP platform, officially endorsed at the McCain/Palin coronationfest in Denver, is to push a Constitutional amendment that effectively cancels Roe v Wade. Read it for yourself.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Denver?

What happened to the convention in MINNEAPOLIS?

I think you have your coronations confused.

Yes, I do. The Minneapolis coronation is the one where the GOP platform was approved, including the proposal for a Constitutional amendment.

"We support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and we endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children."

Nothing there about exceptions in the case of rape or incest.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's amazing that anyone with half a brain could support her.

Have you actually seen any such examples? :o:D:P

Of half brained individuals supporting her? Well, yes, now that you ask. ;)
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

The GOP platform, officially endorsed at the McCain/Palin coronationfest in Denver, is to push a Constitutional amendment that effectively cancels Roe v Wade. Read it for yourself.

I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. That could definitely be a deal breaker for many folks here who are pro-choice.

Regarding Palin...she is being criticised for many things because of how the media is portraying her which is not always truthful. Dig a little bit and we find the truth.

I see her as someone who serves the people rather than herself.

-She is criticised her for her earmark requests when she was a mayor yet all she was doing was trying to serve the people the best way she knew how. Yet somehow people overlook that she reduced earmarks requests from Alaska as a governor by 30% in less than two years.

-She is criticised for amassing $25 million in debt as Wasilla mayor when she was doing exactly what the citizens of Wasilla wanted.

-She is criticised for being for abstinence only sex education which turns out not to be true.

-She is criticised for being extremely pro-life even in the cases of rape and incest yet that is a personal choice of hers and not policy. Yet....

MYERS: Interestingly as governor, she has not pushed the issue. There were times, for example, that members of the state legislature, who had anti-abortion bills to add more restrictions, wanted to bring those bills up as part of special legislative sessions on other issues. And Governor Palin said no. She has not proposed any added restrictions on abortion. And Alaska has some of the most liberal abortion laws in the country.

-She's crticised as being corrupt yet when she was Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and served as ethics supervisor she discovered foul play. When her complaints to the governor went ignored she then resigned and filed formal complaints against Randy Ruedrich, Oil and Gas Conservation Commisioner and Chair of the Alskan Republican Party, as well as former Alaskan Attorney General Gregg Renkes.

-she is criticised for firing the police chief because he wouldn't fire her x-brother in law even though the police chief readily admits he was never told to fire Wooten....he just felt pressured.

-She's criticised for being dumb yet she went from PTA member to Governor of Alaska in 10 years. Do you think it's because she's pretty?

Now I don't agree with a lot of her views but this is one of the very few politicians that actually does serve the people and above all else ....demonstrates personal integrity.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Take a look at McCain's advisors. They are some of the same bunch that got us into Iraq for profit.
I don't think Palin is smart enough to know what these guys are up to, and wouldn't want her relying on their 'advice" if she became president.

McCain's advisors Robert Kagan and Randy Schuenemann helped make the Iraq war happen and make;
Bruce Jackson and Dick Cheney...
Very wealthy.

-She is criticised for amassing $25 million in debt as Wasilla mayor when she was doing exactly what the citizens of Wasilla wanted.

Knowing when to say no is just as important as knowing when to say yes.
The citizens don't care that she got them what they wanted. They care that she wasn't able to do it without going into debt. You can't always fix stupid.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Sarah Palin on the Financial Crisis:

Interviewer: What in your experience as governor gives you insight into the proposed government bailout solution being discussed?

Palin: I can see four banks from my house!

I lived on top of one! Does that mean I can be SecTres?

(full disclosure - it was a WaMu branch)

Wow that was excruciating to watch. In fact I couldn't even finish it.How is she so poorly prepared? I had hope for her but oh well. [:/]

Truth. Now we know why they have been hiding her so much. The vp debate should be a crushing blow.

She was a High Risk / High Reward Candidate.

A friend of mine has known Palin for years (fellow Alaskan Hockey Mom) and speaks highly of her. Unfortunately, she has not demonstrated so far why she should be a 72-year old heartbeat away from the presidency.

Remember Quayle? Oy vey!

Blue Ones

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

What is truly bewildering is here is a person who actually believes national policy is an extention of god's will. I know, I know, Dubya talks about it all the time but we were all a bit reassured cause we knew it was political bullshit.

Palin is the real deal for talking with jesus and doing god's will (do not doubt her fundamental religious beliefs for a second). When her Islamic counterpart comes to power, you neoconservatives go nuts and talk about the danger having someone like that in power.

Exactly. Important distinction between Palin and GWB.

. . =(_8^(1)

>She was a High Risk / High Reward Candidate.

Good way to put it. He gambled on her, and based on the reactions from the right wing, didn't win big. He also didn't come out bankrupt, but it was far from the "game-changing" event that it was billed as.

Aside from the latest debate:

I thought it was funny that McCain stated proudly that "I was never elected Miss Congeniality" twice during the debate - given that Palin actually _was_ elected Miss Congeniality.

what really irks me, is that the G O P has set the stage , by which it IS possible that the First Woman Pres. of the U S could attain that position, "by default".. i.e. the death of a sitting pres...(should this ticket get elected.)

the First Woman Pres MUST be elected by the electoral college,, ON election Day, and AS the presidential candidate....

anything else tarnishes the accomplishment..

Just curious, did you feel the same way when Geraldine Ferraro was running with Mondale?

Just curious, did you feel the same way when Geraldine Ferraro was running with Mondale?

very good question, one i've been waiting for.

No i did not give that situation the same attention that i do to this one.

That was 24 years ago, and in 1984,,, that could have been the way that history might have chosen for it to occur...:|

I did vote for that ticket... but of course I think that Walter Mondales, age and health, were then, not an issue, and I honestly never thought about a Pres. Ferraro, other than offhandedly...
It turned out to be a moot point... ( as i hope this situation will )

Had They prevailed , and HAD something occured to allow Ms. Ferraro to succeed to the presidency, her validity would have only truly been cemented,,,if She were to be Re-elected the following term..

Today, decades later, and with lots of progress on the part of the electorate to accept a Woman POTUS, and on the part of MANY long serving leaders, Senators, CongressWomen with faaaar deeper experiences, ON capitol hill, to set into that role, .... i'd not feel right, with
this lesser experienced person.

In THIS current day and age for it to occur in the way THIS scenario,, could play out, just bugs me.

To a certain extent i'm mad @ McCain for creating what I call, "the people magazine-ification" of this election..[:/]>:(>:(.:o;)

it Not a damn popularity contest or American idol contest , for God's sake...

I believe that maybe,,, one of the reasons that Hillary Clinton was not selected for ( or declined to accept) a Veep nomination, just might be this very concept... that the First...WPOTUS.. really ought to earn that spot. as a bonifide Presidential candidate ...:):D:P;)

BUT.... i've been wrong... before...and this thread is about Ms Palin.[:/]

jmy