SpeedRacer

Sarah Palin on the Financial Crisis.

Sarah Palin said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have gotten too big and expensive to taxpayers. See clip.clicky

What Sarah Palin doesn't seem to know is that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac aren't FUNDED BY THE TAXPAYERS! They're private companies!!

:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Sarah Palin said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have gotten too big and expensive to taxpayers. See clip.clicky

What Sarah Palin doesn't seem to know is that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac aren't FUNDED BY THE TAXPAYERS! They're private companies!!

They are now. Where've you been?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'm serious here:

McCain has had skin cancer before, and not the less-serious kind; he had the more-serious kind, that can kill you. And he's no spring chicken either.

Now when he chose Palin, was it really the patriotic thing to do, in other words, what would be best for the country?

Or was the "Maverick" just pandering to elements within the Republican party who thought he was too centrist?

Is Palin really ready to be President of the United States if McCain should die, or was it just political BS to choose her as VP??
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

not when she made that speech though. and the bailout hasn't been passed yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_takeover_of_Fannie_Mae_and_Freddie_Mac"that conservatorship was the only form in which I would commit taxpayer money to the GSEs."
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'm serious here:

McCain has had skin cancer before, and not the less-serious kind; he had the more-serious kind, that can kill you. And he's no spring chicken either.

Now when he chose Palin, was it really the patriotic thing to do, in other words, what would be best for the country?

Or was the "Maverick" just pandering to elements within the Republican party who thought he was too centrist?

Is Palin really ready to be President of the United States if McCain should die, or was it just political BS to choose her as VP??

It's amazing that anyone with half a brain could support her. Let's be honest, other than playing to the lowest levels of the right wing, choosing her was a farce, an absurd joke that should be dismissed out of hand as an irresponsible act of a candidate putting himself before his country...and that's just concerning her experience.

What is truly bewildering is here is a person who actually believes national policy is an extention of god's will. I know, I know, Dubya talks about it all the time but we were all a bit reassured cause we knew it was political bullshit.

Palin is the real deal for talking with jesus and doing god's will (do not doubt her fundamental religious beliefs for a second). When her Islamic counterpart comes to power, you neoconservatives go nuts and talk about the danger having someone like that in power.

What scares any reasonably intelligent individual is, if there is another terrorist attack in CONUS, what would 'god' advise her to do?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

what really irks me, is that the G O P has set the stage , by which it IS possible that the First Woman Pres. of the U S could attain that position, "by default".. i.e. the death of a sitting pres...(should this ticket get elected.)

the First Woman Pres MUST be elected by the electoral college,, ON election Day, and AS the presidential candidate....

anything else tarnishes the accomplishment..

and frankly there is a LONG line, of Women,, both Democrats And Repubs.. who deserve that honor...

for that reason alone... i won't vote for their ticket...
jmy

It's amazing that anyone with half a brain could support her.

Bush 41 arguably won against Kerry because guys would rather have a beer with him as a manly man (who wears a mouth guard mountain biking) instead of that effeminate snob Kerry (who actually served in Vietnam).

That's what gets people elected in this country.

In this election we have the Harvard Law Review editor versus some one who kills and eats moose with boobs. Tough choice.

Then there are the actual issues which matter. For lots of us that's abortion, guns, and taxes.

Some people would argue Obama is a baby killer. He supports banning sport-utility guns. Allowing the Bush 43 tax cuts to expire is a tax increase now (next year doesn't matter).

How stupid Palin is, McCain's history, and the party platforms aren't too relevant to much of the country.

As early as September 5th, the government was planning a takeover of Fannie/Freddie. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/05/government-nears-deal-to_n_124405.html
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It's amazing that anyone with half a brain could support her.

Bush 41 arguably won against Kerry because guys would rather have a beer with him as a manly man (who wears a mouth guard mountain biking) instead of that effeminate snob Kerry (who actually served in Vietnam).

That's what gets people elected in this country.

In this election we have the Harvard Law Review editor versus some one who kills and eats moose with boobs. Tough choice.

Then there are the actual issues which matter. For lots of us that's abortion, guns, and taxes.

Some people would argue Obama is a baby killer. He supports banning sport-utility guns. Allowing the Bush 43 tax cuts to expire is a tax increase now (next year doesn't matter).

How stupid Palin is, McCain's history, and the party platforms aren't too relevant to much of the country.

What size bra was the Moose wearing?

I hear it had a HUGE rack:P:D:D

the First Woman Pres MUST be elected by the electoral college,, ON election Day, and AS the presidential candidate....anything else tarnishes the accomplishment..

Teddy Roosevelt was an "accidental President" at the age of 42, and his face will be on Mount Rushmore for the next 1,000 years.

Come to think of it, I think he shot a few moose himself in his day... hmmm....

Shhhhhhh

He was on a roll, do not interrupt when they are sure they know what they are speaking about.

I agree with you, only time will tell.

There have been other presidents that were not looked upon as being the best or brightest, but they sure turned out to be.

Actually, my only point was that if she were to become President that way, people would view her the same way we view Dubya: by focusing not so much how she got there in the first place, but on how much of a nitwit fuckwad she is.

I'm serious here:

It was the final nail in the coffin for ANY possibility of me voting for Sen McCain. The thought of this far right fundie extremeist as President should make any sane American cringe in fear of our constitution.

It was the final nail in the coffin for ANY possibility of me voting for Sen McCain.

You ran out of nails before you even knew who (R) candidate for pres was, let alone the VP.

:P

If it was inanimate carbon rod (D) vs Jesus (R), we know who'd get your vote.

However, those two choices are likely better than what we have now - ;)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

BZZZZT Wrong again.

Want me to post a picture of my ballot that I took just to prove I in fact DID vote for John McCain in our state primary and not for ANY of the DEM candidates???

I was waiting to see who he chose as his running mate... because I dont think he would last 1 year after the election.

I also do not think Obama will last a year in the Presidency... and I am fine with a President Biden.

Edited to add that... I would not be quite so hasty to put an (R) after the name of Jesus Christ.. given the DEEDS of those who claim to support various parties.

It's ok, Jen - you can say what you mean: That scary woman with the guns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope ...that would be me.

I, also, promise never to accidently shoot you.

I saw the edit....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She's not as extreme as everyone thinks although I understand why the media would paint her that way.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-11-palin-cover_N.htm

Natalie Schultz makes an excellent point here regarding Palin and abortion rights.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article4804.html

I realize you've already made up your mind about her but I thought I'd try anyways. :)

www.FourWheelerHB.com