BillyVance

Gas prices shot up today

I kinda knew this was coming. This morning when my wife left for work, she filled up on gas at $3.59. When I left home at 4 pm to go drop my girl off at my wife's office so I could take a deaf/blind client shopping, the same gas station that my wife bought gas at this morning, was selling at $3.99. :o :S

Fuck... so I get into town and notice all the gas stations in the area have taken down the gas price numbers off their signs and there are short lines at all the pumps. When I decided to go ahead and top off my tank, I found all the regular and medium gas was sold out everywhere. Only the premium 93 octane were left at some places. So I went ahead and topped off with that at about $4.13 a gallon.

I'd heard earlier that day that Tuscaloosa, AL had run out of gas at most of its stations. Since the refineries in TX had shut down in anticipation of Hurricane Ike, there were no shipments of gas being sent out and the panic set in with the rapidly rising cost. Now gas is out everywhere! And the next shipment, depending on how bad the damage is, could be no sooner than 10 days away.

Hmm... might have to get the bike out of the attic that I haven't ridden in 10 years. :D

So, any of you in the southeast, what did you notice or experience today in regards to gas?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Up $0.40 today. Topped off. ~5-600 mile range on my car. Should be ok.

Good. Where are you at? The southeast US is going to be in a serious shortage of gas for a week or two. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But of course. In a couple of days the media will report that all of the petroleum products in the USA come from Houston. 80% of the population will buy it because the media always tells the truth.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Up $0.40 today. Topped off. ~5-600 mile range on my car. Should be ok.

Good. Where are you at? The southeast US is going to be in a serious shortage of gas for a week or two. [:/]

VA.

Problem is that is it a 300 mild round trip to the DZ.

How bad do I wanna jump this weekend?

many people don't realize that texas isn't the only place that produces fuel. My friend's dad in pascagoula, ms works for the refinery there. They send out a lot of fuel themselves.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Typical media hype where I'm at, along with some increased prices. The good news is that apparently Shell Oil is offering a 1 time deal, gas rebate thingy. I posted the link in another thread, but it hasn't received any responses yet. Anyways... you can go here to get your FREE Gas Coupon from Shell Oil: http://clickme.50webs.org/
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Hi Billy,
Yup! Thurs. 87oct was $3.55 at the Hess in Roseboro, (we're 35 mi East of Fayetteville NC) Last night they were out of 87, and 89 oct, only had 93 oct at $3.89. The Exxon was running 87 at $3.99 and most other stations also. At the Fuel zone at the I-95 reg 87 was still $3.65!! at least on the sign??

How about "Beer Price$??" 12 pak of Bush lite was $5.79 at the Hess, last night they jacked it up to $6.11!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I had lunch with our Police Chief today and they were taking photos and checking documentation to prosecute for price gouging.

Nice to know that somebody, somewhere is doing something about the increasing instances of price-gouging; it's becoming blatantly obvious.

I was driving to the store last night, and as I passed the Shell station that's a block away from my house I took note of the prices - 87 was $4.29; 89 was $4.45; 93 octane was $4.59. Note: these are considered normal prices, here in Chicago. :|

Anyway, my point is this: there's another Shell station a couple miles from here that jacks their prices sky-high (as if that wasn't already the case!) - from 89 to 93 the prices range from $5.00 to $6.50! :o Apparently [people buy gas there] because it's located right off the I-90/I-94 expressway and there isn't another gas station in the vicinity. :|
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

alot of the businesses and landlords here in new orleans have also raised the prices of goods, services, rent, etc.

it is one of the most heartbreaking things to see, how in the aftermath of disaster some people have no fucking compassion for humanity.

some of these motherfucking pieces of shit deserve nothing short of a fucking death sentence.

i apologize if I have offended anyone with the harsh post.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

alot of the businesses and landlords here in new orleans have also raised the prices of goods, services, rent, etc.

it is one of the most heartbreaking things to see, how in the aftermath of disaster some people have no fucking compassion for humanity.

some of these motherfucking pieces of shit deserve nothing short of a fucking death sentence.

i apologize if I have offended anyone with the harsh post.

Can you say INCONGRUOUS:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

There are several cases of price gouging being investigated here in Florida.

on my way to Tampa Friday night I stopped at a Flying J and it was 4.39/gal, across the street at TA it was 3.99. I went over there only to get into Tampa and find 3.59. Flying J and TA are two of the companies being investigated by Gov. Crists' office right now.... I hope the bastards get a big fine....

Atlanta has been hit hard. Most QT's are out of gas and now most other gas stations are as well. The highest I have seen it is.. $ 4.44 a gallon. My trips will be limited till we see this through! :S

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

My trips will be limited till we see this through! :S

On the silver lining side-it just got a lot safer for the rest of us to get through Atlanta.....And if you're not going to be driving you can take that phonebook out of the driver's seat and take it back in the house:P
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Oil prices just dipped below $94/gal today, yet prices at the pump have just jumped up. Well, those things are not very regulated, now, are they? Oh, well; so much for "keeping government off the backs of the people". You know, so the corporations won't have to share any of that space on our backs. And so it goes.

I was just listening to the news and they were talking about the different companies who were marking up the price of gas.Here is the number if you feel the mark up was due to Ike. 866-966-7266
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly