MikeForsythe

Is this who you want as our First Lady?

I think any REAL Man(tm) would do what ever he could make his wife happy (And vise versa).

And I think any REAL President™ puts his country in front of EVERYTHING for the period of time he holds the office.

John McCain has proven he puts his country first. Has Barack???

How about James Stockdale? Perot's VP candidate?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Do you believe Nancy had any say in what Ronnie was doing? Or Hillary with Bill?

Ultimately, the President makes the decision.

Thanks for the laughs :ph34r:

There is no way the President makes the decisions .... the people who put him in power do, he's a puppet for the big business, industries and elite that sway opinion and power in his favor.

Every now and then there are posts like this in these forums that make sense.

But that's boring. So now back to bickering over the stuff that really matters, like lipstick on pigs, preacher sermons, trendsetting eyeglasses, and mooseburgers.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Last time I checked, the word "was" indicated past tense.

Show me something to indicate that her views have changed. If that were the only thing then maybe I could buy it, but with the "I am finally proud to be an American" and going to Rev. Wright's church for 20 years, it only reinforces my concern.

Also, if you read her thesis, there are other radical statements that lack the “was” word.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

One can't do anything but talk to her husband; the other could do a lot of damage.

That could not be further from the truth. They ALL have the potential to do a lot of damage. The First Lady can and historical has done a lot more than talk to their husbands, have you been reading the responses to this post?
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Also, if you read her thesis, there are other radical statements that lack the “was” word.

From the conclusion, which is more important than the introduction:

"I began this study questionning my own attitudes as a future alumnus. I wondered whether or not my education at Princeton would affect my identification with the Black community. I hoped that these findings would help me conclude that despite the high degree of identification with Whites as a result of the educational and occupational path that Black Princeton alumni follow, the alumni would still maintain a certain level of identification with the Black community. However, these findings do not support this possibility"

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Last time I checked, and I actually do check it on a fairly frequent basis, there is no mention whatsoever about the "First Lady" in the US Constitution. It does not give the "First Lady" the authority to do anything.

The last "First Lady" that tried to insert herself into real policy issues, the Democratic one, was soundly beaten back for doing so. The one before her that tried, the Republican one, was also derided for doing so.

I simply don't think it's possible for the "First Lady" to do much of anything other than talk to the President.

About Half of Hilary's "experience" she quoted in the election happened when she was the first lady.

if I remember correctly didn't Hillary try to get health care reform ? doesn't look to me like the first lady has no ability to do or influance.

Do you recall her even getting to first base on that proposal? It's 15 years later, and we've seen no reform of significance.

Do you believe Nancy had any say in what Ronnie was doing? Or Hillary with Bill?

Ultimately, the President makes the decision.

Thanks for the laughs :ph34r:

There is no way the President makes the decisions .... the people who put him in power do, he's a puppet for the big business, industries and elite that sway opinion and power in his favor.

Every now and then there are posts like this in these forums that make sense.

I find it interesting that when a person is proud of their race, they are judged. Lets be honest growing up as a African or of African decent in any country, your at a disadvantage, even if you live in Africa. Yet without a doubt "black" people are proud to be who they are and continue to seek a great life and respect for their race (not including MJ here).

I come from a country torn apart by years of racial segregation, and saw with my own eyes that when all was made equal, the "white" race were the ones who complained the most about things.

Nelson Mandela, could have eradicated the "white" menace from the tip of Africa without hesitation, yet he is humble and forgiving enough to desire to live in a place of common understanding. Yet he is still proud to be "black" and proud to be African.

Putting Obama in the White House, is a good idea, in a country as diverse on so many level, (Race, Religion, Origin) it can only be a good thing in the long run, times have changed and so to should the mind set of the voting public, voting for conservative agendas (guns & gays) will only produce a society less tolerant of diversity.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Can you say "Dear if you don't do X you ain't getting any pussy for awhile?" ;)

And then she's surprised when an intern shows up?

Sex as a weapon is silly.
Maybe silly but it's true. I KNOW you are not that naive. Sarcasm maybe?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Last time I checked, and I actually do check it on a fairly frequent basis, there is no mention whatsoever about the "First Lady" in the US Constitution. It does not give the "First Lady" the authority to do anything.

Gee whiz Quade...I can't remember, are you married? I'm guessing no... :D:D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!