airdvr

Soldiers pay bag fee on travel to war

VFW seeks airline waiver, not reimbursement form
Audrey Hudson (Contact)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Associated Press.

American Airlines is charging troops for their extra baggage, a practice that forces soldiers heading for a war zone in Iraq to try to get reimbursement from the military. One of the country's largest veterans groups is asking the aviation industry to drop the practice immediately.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/12/soldiers-pay-bag-fee-on-travel-to-war/

edited for wrong link

What a load of crap!
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

a practice that forces soldiers heading for a war zone in Iraq to try to get reimbursement from the military.

I have a 2 sided view on this. First is the military will pay the soldier back. Just takes time and the BS forms that you have to fill out. I had to do it when I was PCS. The second is why should the airline waive the fee for anyone? They are there to make money. Who cares on who's the one flying?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Either way, we pay for it.

Soldiers pay, then the taxpayers reimburse

Soldiers don't pay, then non-military travelers pay extra for everything (fees and ticket prices).

nothing is free - but having extra rules for different people is a cumbersome business practice

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I agree. I cringe at special rates/deals for soldiers. We get reimbursed, and fairly quickly, too.

Either way, we pay for it.

Soldiers pay, then the taxpayers reimburse

Soldiers don't pay, then non-military travelers pay extra for everything (fees and ticket prices).

nothing is free - but having extra rules for different people is a cumbersome business practice