rushmc

The Anti War Anti Violence Left In Practice

So you approve of the protesters actions and tactics? Their actions were on behalf of those that are overseas?

You really don't make sense to me sometimes. Free speech protester advocates trying to attack and shut down others who were exercising the same right.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And how many americans died in your place this week in Iraq???

And everyone of them chose to be there. As a matter of fact a good amount of them joined since 9/11, and even within the last several years. Just so these ignorant people have the right to spew there hate speech.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Except these were NOT anti-war protesters; THAT is simply the spin the FoxNews headline writer attached to them.

In the body of the article it says;

The violent demonstrators were mostly dressed in black and described themselves as anarchists.

Anybody that calls themselves "anarchists" are not anti-war, they're anti-government.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So you approve of the protesters actions and tactics? Their actions were on behalf of those that are overseas?

You really don't make sense to me sometimes. Free speech protester advocates trying to attack and shut down others who were exercising the same right.

These morons.. have the right to protest.. they always come out of the woodwork..... some of them get off on the violence....seems a LOT of americans.. get off on violence.

If they break the law.. arrest them.. when most of them grow up they will probably be like so many of the anti war protestors during MY WAR.

In the mean time.. its VERY american to protest whatever you want... to deny them that.... well you just dont have a leg to stand on Max.:)

to deny them that.... well you just dont have a leg to stand on Max.:)

Good thing I wasn't drinking my tea...you'd owe me a new keyboard...:P:P

In the mean time.. its VERY american to protest whatever you want...

I agree...but throw bleach in your countryman's eyes? :S
Make light!

I agree...but throw bleach in your countryman's eyes?

These morons were being painted as something they are not.. as I said.. when protestors break laws... they need to be removed to a place where they cant hurt others, the same idiots were here in Seattle during WTO.

Except these were NOT anti-war protesters; THAT is simply the spin the FoxNews headline writer attached to them.

In the body of the article it says;

The violent demonstrators were mostly dressed in black and described themselves as anarchists.

Anybody that calls themselves "anarchists" are not anti-war, they're anti-government.

They want Anarchy? We can give them Anarchy.

Start by informing them that in an Anarchy, there is no such fucking thing as "due process" or "the right to an attorney."

Let them rot in a fucking gulag. Let's not forget this part: "A group of protesters came toward the delegation and tried to rip the credentials off their necks and sprayed them with a toxic substance that burned their eyes and stained their clothes, delegate Rob Simmons told KMSP-TV.

One 80-year-old member of the delegation had to be treated for injuries, and several other delegates had to rinse their eyes and clothing, the station reported."

What the FUCK, man?! >:(

I'm telling you, GIVE the "Anarchists" their anarchy. >:( Make a fuckin' reality show out of it. The world would get to watch just how much "Anarchists" love what they've been seeking once they get it.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I'm telling you, GIVE the "Anarchists" their anarchy. >:( Make a fuckin' reality show out of it. The world would get to watch just how much "Anarchists" love what they've been seeking once they get it.

I won't disagree with your points. I'm just disagreeing with the subject line of this thread and the mischaracterization of FoxNews as to who these people are.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

How did you feel about the Twin City police arresting a group of 20 somethings and reporters this past week? They were doing nothing and sitting inside a house. The reporters arrested followed police violence versus peaceful protesters that were arrested with a backdrop to lies. I didn't see FoxNews cover that story.

Damn. I wish I could have been there w/ them. (the protesters) But I'm on the NO FLY list for some reason (AND THEY WON'T TELL ME WHY) and the PRICE OF A GALLON OF GAS STOPS ME FROM DRIVING THERE. I wonder why they are protesting? :S
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

So you really feel that the reason people are protesting is because the majority of American travelers are being placed on no-fly lists? Or can't afford gasoline? Or just can't afford gasoline PLUS their LUXURIES and INEFFICIENT, BEHEMOTH FUCKIN' PILE-OF-SHIT VEHICLES?!
Imaginations on fire

How did you feel about the Twin City police arresting a group of 20 somethings and reporters this past week? They were doing nothing and sitting inside a house. The reporters arrested followed police violence versus peaceful protesters that were arrested with a backdrop to lies. I didn't see FoxNews cover that story.

I don't read a whole ton of major news cites, but if you care to provide a link, I'll read it.
Make light!

Yeah, if the claim is being made that a phalanx of police just popped on into a house where people were doing nothing out of the ordinary, I'd like to read about that. Oh, they were just baking pie, right? Well, someone come up with some FACTS, please, before we just go on believing it was a gestapo act.
Imaginations on fire

Yeah, if the claim is being made that a phalanx of police just popped on into a house where people were doing nothing out of the ordinary, I'd like to read about that. Oh, they were just baking pie, right? Well, someone come up with some FACTS, please, before we just go on believing it was a gestapo act

Here's another anti government nutcase arrested. Maybe they were his cheering section.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here's another anti government nutcase arrested. Maybe they were his cheering section.

Police said officers found Bush carrying the pistols — which were equipped with laser sights — and 400 bullets. They also found another 7,800 rounds of ammunition in his van and 3,000 more in his storage locker, police said.

Wow, if he had 400 more primers and 400 more loads of smokeless powder, they could have upped the total number of rounds of ammunition to 11,200. :S

When are reporters going to finally crack open their fuckin' AP Stylebooks and look at the entry for "weapons"? A bullet does not equal a round of ammunition.

So why do they always announce that the guy had x number of guns on him, as though the more guns, the more ominous the intention? How many guns can a person effectively use at any one time? ONE. Especially if he's a nutjob.

He was arrested late Friday by campus police after he allegedly shot at a traffic light a block away from the university. Police searched him, his van and a storage unit, finding weapons, ammunition and what police called an anti-government manifesto.

A manifesto, huh? I wonder if he had shaved the fingerprints off his fingers with a razor blade, too. :S

Shot at a traffic light? Come on, heh, who can raise their hand and say they've never done that when they're frustrated and late for work?! Heh...:D
...anybody?
Imaginations on fire

I agree with quade. These are criminals who call themselves "anarchists.". They are the same clowns who show up at G8 conferences and the like for no other purpose than to cause a ruckus.

There ARE similarities with the "leaders" of anti-war crowd of the Vietnam era - people who used the war as their opportunity to show how important they are. I suspect that many of these anarchists will go the way of Abbie Hoffman and off themselves in the coming years when they figure out that they just are not relevant...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Start by informing them that in an Anarchy, there is no such fucking thing as "due process" or "the right to an attorney."

Great idea, but you realise you won't be able to use any police to arrest them, or have any prisons to put them in, right?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Great idea, but you realise you won't be able to use any police to arrest them, or have any prisons to put them in, right?

Check the shoes of these "anarchists". Probably cop credentials tucked away somewhere. Like they said in the 60s, if someone suggests you blow something up and they just happen to have a stick of dynamite you can use--it's probably a cop (or FBI, or BATF, or DHS).

But, hey! Hell of a job those cops did on Amy Goodman and company at the RNC, eh? Jackbooted ninja turtles ripping press credentials off of journalists necks, stomping on their backs, pushing their faces into the cement, and cutting off their hand circulation with those atavistic ziptie cuffs? But, as sure as "W" misunderestimates the intelligence of the American people, you can count on Faux Noise to spin the story into those troublemaking anarchists getting their just desserts now Honey can you turn back to the Jerry Lewis Telethon my head hurts and be a good ol' gal and fetch me `nother Bud.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/02/Radio_journalist_Goodman_arrested_at_RNC/UPI-64621220334480/

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/30/police_raids/
“Keep your elbow up!"

And how many americans died in your place this week in Iraq???

And everyone of them chose to be there. As a matter of fact a good amount of them joined since 9/11, and even within the last several years. Just so these ignorant people have the right to spew there hate speech.

Hey look! It's Reason for the Iraq War #218! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That sounds nifty and convenient trying to differentiate your whacko fringe from your anti-war majority, however, as opposed to the right who condemns their whackos - the left has always refused to condemn theirs.

The country sees the DNC as code pink and Abbie Hoffman, as peopele who shit on the flag and those who die for it.

Might be unfair in the modern millieu, but it's a fact. Until you shake that association...you'll never win another national election.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member