doug925

FUCKING CRIMINALS!

We can pull back on the useage of the term "irresponsible";)

Ya fucked up. Admit it. Learn from it, hope nothing further bad happens and move on. If something more bad does happen, you are responsible for it happening because of your original fuck up.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, yeah, intolerably, fascistly harsh. But it's what I would expect from Germany, and it's why I steer clear of that evil place.

Pretty brave talk coming from an anonymous account.

How about toning that down a bit?

I'm sooo anonymous here, Quade! :D

Come on, I didn't make a personal attack, I said that I think of Germany as an evil place. It has a history of evil, and I think that its current policies are horrific.

Imagine that if you had a gun stolen from you, you would lose your right to skydive. IMAGINE THAT. What would you call the place?

OK, I'll "tone down," but I still think that what she described is really, really messed up!
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

We can pull back on the useage of the term "irresponsible";)

Ya fucked up. Admit it. Learn from it, hope nothing further bad happens and move on.

I think he stated already that he has, and will.

If something more bad does happen, you are responsible for it happening because of your original fuck up.

That is still under debate. I disagree. The thief who does evil with the gun is responsible, not the victim of the theft. Or is it permissible for people to just roam into a private residence and steal the items that he finds there?

For that matter, why isn't a person responsible for the harm done by a car thief if he crashes into a woman pushing a stroller across a street, if he left the car running as he dashed into a store, and that's why it was stolen? It's fair of him to presume that anyone who would take advantage of his actions is going to be of the criminal and irresponsible type.
Imaginations on fire

Imagine that if you had a gun stolen from you, you would lose your right to skydive.

There are laws here in the US that tie certain, seemingly unrelated, behaviors to certain privileges. DUI for cars and losing pilot certificates for instance.

If their country wants to tie gun responsibilities to other ones, it's a little presumptuous of US to tell them which ones are or are not "proper."

Different countries, different customs (and laws).

BTW, you may not be aware of this, but a lot of the rest of the world views US as being pretty barbaric. I'm nearly certain that attitudes such as you've shown in your previous post do nothing to change that.
quade -

For that matter, why isn't a person responsible for the harm done by a car thief if he crashes into a woman pushing a stroller across a street, if he left the car running as he dashed into a store, and that's why it was stolen?

It has to do with the nature of the object in question.

While just about any object -can- be used to kill somebody, the fact is that guns, especially the one being discussed in this thread, have a single purpose; to put a piece of lead into another person. Whether it's used defensively or offensively is up to the person pulling the trigger, but the fact remains that it does only have ONE purpose.

The only responsible thing an owner can do is to ensure it is ONLY used for defense. To do otherwise is, in fact, irresponsible.

If the military left a nuclear weapon in an unsecured facility and available for terrorists to steal, would you consider them as being responsible or irresponsible?

I'd LOVE to read JohnRich's opinion of this subject, but he's been uncharacteristically quiet. I wonder why?
quade -

>Let's not be overly dramatic.
>It is just like leaving a knife, or a pen, or a rock in your car.

I agree that people are being overly dramatic. You made a mistake and you learned from it.

But I also hope you realize that a gun is NOT like a knife, or a pen, or a rock. It is far more dangerous than any of those objects, and must be treated with more respect than a rock. It would be one thing to leave a rock lying in your yard, but quite another to leave a gun lying there. One is not "just like" the other.

Let's not be overly dramatic.
It is just like leaving a knife, or a pen, or a rock in your car.

Anything ~can~ be used to kill a person.

To be honest, you can beat somebody to death with a briefcase, but I'll bet you've left it in your car before.

Really? Then by all means, present that argument to a jury. If they buy it, more power to you.

Part of my job, what clients seeking my advice pay me to do, is to analyze facts within law, and then combine that with with my 25 years' experience trying cases in front of judges and juries, to make an educated prediction of the client's chances of winnig or losing an actual or potential lawsuit. In my profesional evaluation, I predict about an 80% chance that you would lose.

BTW, you may not be aware of this, but a lot of the rest of the world views US as being pretty barbaric. I'm nearly certain that attitudes such as you've shown in your previous post do nothing to change that.

It's funny how they still manage to want to come here: to live, to get an education, to sightsee, to get medical care, etc. We're such barbarians! I guess everyone loves a barbarian. Look, Arnold Schwartzenegger is governor of one of our largest states! :o

But what was in my "previous post" that was so barbaric?? Did you mean "posts"?
Imaginations on fire

For that matter, why isn't a person responsible for the harm done by a car thief if he crashes into a woman pushing a stroller across a street, if he left the car running as he dashed into a store, and that's why it was stolen?

It has to do with the nature of the object in question.

While just about any object -can- be used to kill somebody, the fact is that guns, especially the one being discussed in this thread, have a single purpose; to put a piece of lead into another person. Whether it's used defensively or offensively is up to the person pulling the trigger, but the fact remains that it does only have ONE purpose.

That doesn't end up mattering one iota to the person who is murdered with a kitchen knife.

And that happens VERY often, actually.

Yet who do you know who's been held accountable for leaving them accessible? And who do you know who keeps their kitchen knives locked and inaccessible?

The only responsible thing an owner can do is to ensure it is ONLY used for defense. To do otherwise is, in fact, irresponsible.

I am inclined to agree, from the standpoint of consciencious. I hesitate to use the word "responsible" because I feel it does not apply correctly here. I don't feel that someone who is stolen from should be ... blah blah blah, I already told you how I feel.

If the military left a nuclear weapon in an unsecured facility and available for terrorists to steal, would you consider them as being responsible or irresponsible?

BILLVON! >:( STOP POSTING MASQUERADING AS QUADE!! >:(:D:D:D
Imaginations on fire

His house wasn't broken into. He left the gun in an unlocked car, in an open garage. And I'm not going to defend whether I know what I'm talking about in my own field, your baiting notwithstanding. I stand by my post.

OK, so B&E was not specifically involved.

"Trespassed into." Better?
Imaginations on fire

Let's not be overly dramatic.
It is just like leaving a knife, or a pen, or a rock in your car.

Anything ~can~ be used to kill a person.

To be honest, you can beat somebody to death with a briefcase, but I'll bet you've left it in your car before.

Really? Then by all means, present that argument to a jury. If they buy it, more power to you.

Part of my job, what clients seeking my advice pay me to do, is to analyze facts within law, and then combine that with with my 25 years' experience trying cases in front of judges and juries, to make an educated prediction of the client's chances of winnig or losing an actual or potential lawsuit. In my profesional evaluation, I predict about an 80% chance that you would lose.

If I may be so bold, what is the percentage of cases you have taken to trial in which you have won?

See, if you say that there's an 80% chance that Doug925 would lose at trial, but you win only 15% of your trials... Do you see where I'm going with this, counselor?
Imaginations on fire

It's funny how they still manage to want to come here: to live, to get an education, to sightsee, to get medical care, etc. We're such barbarians! I guess everyone loves a barbarian. Look, Arnold Schwartzenegger is governor of one of our largest states! :o

Not for long I hope. Lieing motherfucker fucking the citizens of Ca.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

If I may be so bold, what is the percentage of cases you have taken to trial in which you have won?

See, if you say that there's an 80% chance that Doug925 would lose at trial, but you win only 15% of your trials... Do you see where I'm going with this, counselor?

No. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Thus my telling you up-thread, "...your baiting notwithstanding."

If you wish to use your new screenname, as you did with the old one, as a vehicle to be anti-social and abusive toward others, that's up to HH and the Mods to decide whether to tolerate. But I'm not going to be your enabler.

No. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Thus my telling you up-thread, "...your baiting notwithstanding."

If you wish to use your new screenname, as you did with the old one, as a vehicle to be anti-social and abusive toward others, that's up to HH and the Mods to decide whether to tolerate. But I'm not going to be your enabler.
You just did. I can't believe you are a lawyer arer are you just baiting back? ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Not for long I hope. Lieing motherfucker fucking the citizens of Ca.

Please do not pretend that the state of California was not fucked before A.S. took office. If I recall (heh), you weren't quite satisfied with the performance (and, I assume, the state of the state) of his predecessor, either. [:/]
Imaginations on fire

OK. So first, you appeal to authority vis a vis your vaunted "25 years experience" and offer your experience-based assessment that Doug925 would have an 80% chance of losing a liability lawsuit based on the events described.

Then, when I ask you what your own success rate is at the very thing you claimed to have expertise at doing (deciding on the probability of success in a lawsuit), you demur, saying that I'm just "baiting" you, and you won't "enable" me.

I think that since you appealed to your own experience and offered this "80%" estimate, it behooves you to demonstrate that your similar efforts on behalf of clients, which YOU TOUTED, worked out successfully.

If you give an estimate like this "80%" one, and then won't tell us how successful you yourself have been at trial when you keep reminding us that people pay you to be good at making such judgments, why should we believe your "80%" estimate in the first place?
Imaginations on fire

(Sounds like "whistling in the dark forest.....")

That's exactly why our strict gun laws were invented: To avoid people like you keeping guns in such an irresponsible modality.

Yes, Germany is doing such a great job keeping guns out of the wrong hands :S

In fact, criminal shootings never happen in Germany!

In my country that would cost you: Your hunting license, your drivers license, your skydiving license, your pilot license - and a lot of money.

That is truly fucked up. In your fascist country, if your gun is stolen by a determined criminal, they will ruin your life and take from you a host of other rights and licenses unconnected with having the gun stolen from you. What a shithole, I am so glad I have never visited that evil country.

Reason: You're not responsible enough to carry a deadly weapon. Figure that out for the rest of your licenses.

Oh, so every skydiver who's had a DUI or DWI should permanently lose his/her skydiving license, I guess. Way to whittle down the skydiver population, I would bet. :S

I guess if someone throws a punch in a fight and gets charged, he should have all of his guns, vehicles, kitchen knives, yard implements, and tools confiscated. I mean, if he uses his fists to hurt people, "figure it out for the rest of his tools and weapons." :S

Harsh conditions, right?

Well, yeah, intolerably, fascistly harsh. But it's what I would expect from Germany, and it's why I steer clear of that evil place.

It's already been postet but, especially for you, I'll repeat it: Criminal shootings over here are that rare, could be counted on one hand, PFJ. Or why did you go back to the year of 2002??

My country is not facist. You must be living in the past, PFJ. How old are you?

Try to read some supra-regional newspapers. That might open your eyes about what's going on in other parts of the world.

BTW: When did you visit our evil shithole last time?

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

what a stupid move. i see it as crimanal negligence.
why do you need a gun in the car at night? the car aint going to defend itself.
and why the night scope?
people with your attitude is the reason the liberals are always whining about guns.
have you reported the missing gun to the cops?

what a stupid move. i see it as crimanal negligence.
why do you need a gun in the car at night? the car aint going to defend itself.
and why the night scope?
people with your attitude is the reason the liberals are always whining about guns.
have you reported the missing gun to the cops?

I believe he said "Lasermax," not "night scope"...

He already said that he reported the theft.

Why don't we cut him some slack. He did admit to what he did, and he did say he'll correct his mis-approach to securing his guns in the future. Why don't we give him that chance?

I, too, think it was foolish to leave a gun in the car for any significant length of time. But even law enforcement officers do stupid shit like this from time to time. I've also read about them leaving guns on top of their cars and driving off, losing them!
Imaginations on fire