bodypilot90

Obama's half-brother calls a shack home and lives on less than $1 a month

One of my cousins was over 50 before finding out that she had 2 half-sisters. Didn't find out until they showed up at her (and their) father's funeral

no one is "swift boating" B. H. Obama, he wrote of him in his book and has visted him 2 times. So that boat won't float......

One of my cousins was over 50 before finding out that she had 2 half-sisters. Didn't find out until they showed up at her (and their) father's funeral

no one is "swift boating" B. H. Obama, he wrote of him in his book and has visted him 2 times. So that boat won't float......

LAME. I have cousins I've visted more than that, and have no clue where they are now.

You are just desperate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That's his half/brother's problem. If, someone wants something bad enough, they'll get off their dead butt and change it. If, they just have their hand out... screw 'em. He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

Chuck

Id say the bootstraps in Kenya are a lot shorter than in America!....
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

That's his half/brother's problem. If, someone wants something bad enough, they'll get off their dead butt and change it. If, they just have their hand out... screw 'em. He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

Chuck

That was a groaner! :D I don't think, they even wear boots... do they?

Chuck

Chuck

comrad B. H. Obama

Ah, you're one of those. Yes, Obama is a communist Muslim dictator wannabe whose middle name is Hussein.

J'ever notice how there's just one itsy-bitsy letter's wortha difference between "Obama" and "Osama"? Coincidence? Ha. I don't think so.

it just goes to show that BO is a hypocrite. He talks of compassion, helping our fellow man, doing the right thing, etc. So he talks a good game. If he meant what he said his half brother would not be living in a shack in Narobi. WHy not help him come to the states and get a fresh start. He has the clout to do that. You know people by their actions, not their words.

Ding ding ding! You got it.

No, he ain't "got it", John. It's a crock of fucking horseshit, and the OP is embarrassing himself.

Stupid shit like this will not influence
One
Single
Vote

Chuck

That was a groaner! :D I don't think, they even wear boots... do they?

Chuck

Chuck

:D
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

In Kenya, huh?

Yeah, I'll bet there are just loads of untapped opportunities lying around Kenya. :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

In Kenya, huh?

Yeah, I'll bet there are just loads of untapped opportunities lying around Kenya. :S

As someone once said: "Forgive them for they know not of what they speak".

In Kenya, huh?

When you get right down to the nut-cuttin' of this whole story... we don't know all the facts. Maybe his brother happens to like his lifestyle. Maybe, he's turned-down all the offers. Who knows! It's just a story in the media, probably to get folks all worked-up and make Obama look like a jerk. Who the hell knows. Nothing says his brother has to stay in Kenya either. Also, we just can't imagine anyone anywhere else in the world not living the 'American lifestyle' and being rich.

Chuck

Bullshit. You couldn't live on less than a dollar a month even in the slums of Nairobi.:S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya

I beg to differ, the "dollar a month" is based on what the UN sends to this region in aid based on the population numbers. People always assume that the actual money is traded, where the reality is that most of africa has become reliant on aid from various organizations UN, WHO etc

In fact most of Africa would be just peachy if it were not for the expansion of Europe and the spice trade 100's of years ago. When it was deamed appropriate to colonize these regions and force christianity and a "modern" lifestyle on the inhabitants.

This "shack" that has the media all up in arms, is by African standards a average home, and if he has the right connections he might have electrcity (stolen or not).

Having come from Africa and been half raised by a nanny, Anna (sotho native) .... I have a good understanding of the community system that is still very active in Africa. Funny how the western world thinks this poor guy is suffering, where the truth might be that he is happy, semi educated and enjoys his life.

And he is supported by the tight knit community, on a day to day basis.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall". - Nelson Mandela

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I have a half-brother I saw periodically till I was six years old, then one more time when I was 17 (ran into him at a football game). Does the fact I haven't tracked him down to see whether he needs my help make me a bad person or unworthy of any particular job?

No. But if you go around bragging about your family values, when you don't even make the effort to get together with your family once in a while, then that would make you a hypocrite. And being a hypocrite is an ethical problem when you're running for high office to represent America.

I typically agree with the entire "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" stuff but life is very different in the slums of Kenya. When I was there I worked with men that outworked every American that was with us. Many of the workers did not even own shoes. I'm not sure what it is now but two years ago the average daily wage was $3 a day.

These people worked from before sun up and well past sundown for less than peanuts.

And I have met MANY people from Kibera(the slums) and have yet to meet one that liked living there.

It pisses me off when people attempt to compare life here to there. When I was there I took a pastor out for tea. When I tried to pay he was greatly insulted. He told me that the Kenyans do NOT want a hand out, they want jobs to earn a living.

They havn't been living off the governments tit like many have here in the states. They WANT to work.

You say that no one is keeping his brother in Kenya. Where is he going to go? Rwanda? Uganda? I've heard life is like paradise in the Sudan!:S

something funny and unique

I typically agree with the entire "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" stuff but life is very different in the slums of Kenya. When I was there I worked with men that outworked every American that was with us. Many of the workers did not even own shoes. I'm not sure what it is now but two years ago the average daily wage was $3 a day.

These people worked from before sun up and well past sundown for less than peanuts.

And I have met MANY people from Kibera(the slums) and have yet to meet one that liked living there.

It pisses me off when people attempt to compare life here to there. When I was there I took a pastor out for tea. When I tried to pay he was greatly insulted. He told me that the Kenyans do NOT want a hand out, they want jobs to earn a living.

They havn't been living off the governments tit like many have here in the states. They WANT to work.

You say that no one is keeping his brother in Kenya. Where is he going to go? Rwanda? Uganda? I've heard life is like paradise in the Sudan!:S

Very interesting information. I haven't had the opportunity, experiencing life in Africa and what you have informed me of gives me a better in-sight to the situation over there. By saying what I did, I learned something in return. I appreciate it!

Chuck

I have a half-brother I saw periodically till I was six years old, then one more time when I was 17 (ran into him at a football game). Does the fact I haven't tracked him down to see whether he needs my help make me a bad person or unworthy of any particular job?

No. But if you go around bragging about your family values, when you don't even make the effort to get together with your family once in a while, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Oh, come on, John, please. There is not one single swing voter who is familiar with Obama's personal and family history who would possibly believe that. Just as with McCain, there are plenty of legitimate issues on which to hold Obama's feet to the fire. This kind of silly, stupid shit isn't among them.

there are plenty of legitimate issues on which to hold Obama's feet to the fire. This kind of silly, stupid shit isn't among them.

I didn't say it was a huge deal. But this is just another small item, one of a great many, which make up the type of personality he is. And collectively, those things have a huge impact on whether people will want to vote for him or not.

I didn't say it was a huge deal. But this is just another small item, one of a great many, which make up the type of personality he is. And collectively, those things have a huge impact on whether people will want to vote for him or not.

Come on John.. the largest issue for most of you guys.. is the (D)

That right there makes it impossible for you guys to even consider it.

Maybe his brother happens to like his lifestyle

I saw a tv interview with his brother. He didn't seem happy to me. If i had a brother living on a dollar a month and I lived in a multimillion dollar home, it might be time to look at my values. Don't you think [:/]

Like i said before the B. H. Obama seem ok with handing out your money but less so for his.