bodypilot90

Obama's half-brother calls a shack home and lives on less than $1 a month

The photograph shows a young, unsmiling man standing in front of a jagged fence built from scraps of timber and rusted bits of corrugated metal.

The 26-year-old man is outside his shanty home on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/1119352,CST-NWS-brother21.article
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/barack-obamas-half-brother-discovered-in-hut-in-kenya

Looks like he can't even take care of family, makes a dad proud. [:/]

That's his half/brother's problem. If, someone wants something bad enough, they'll get off their dead butt and change it. If, they just have their hand out... screw 'em. He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

Chuck

That's his half/brother's problem. If, someone wants something bad enough, they'll get off their dead butt and change it. If, they just have their hand out... screw 'em. He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

but comrad B. H. Obama wants to share the wealth. I just don't see him doing what he's preaching even in his own family. He's willing to give your income away to victims (dead beats), but not his.

One of my 1/2 brothers has not filed an income tax return in about tens years and he works illegally under the table in the USA every summer as a waiter in the state of [censored]. But does this mean I am an experienced or inexperienced IT worker? Don't get me wrong, my favorite candidate in your election is "None of the Above", but people need to be judging Obama and his experience (or lack of). People should not be judging the income his brother lives on as to whether or not Obama is qualified to be prez.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

but comrad B. H. Obama wants to share the wealth. I just don't see him doing what he's preaching even in his own family. He's willing to give your income away to victims (dead beats), but not his.

Good question. Obama or whoever gets the coveted presidency, needs to get in there and either re-vamp our welfare system or just do away with it. It only creates more dead-beats who really could work.

Chuck

Chuck

I agree with your statement but it just goes to show that BO is a hypocrite. He talks of compassion, helping our fellow man, doing the right thing, etc. So he talks a good game. If he meant what he said his half brother would not be living in a shack in Narobi. WHy not help him come to the states and get a fresh start. He has the clout to do that. You know people by their actions, not their words.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

it just goes to show that BO is a hypocrite. He talks of compassion, helping our fellow man, doing the right thing, etc. So he talks a good game. If he meant what he said his half brother would not be living in a shack in Narobi. WHy not help him come to the states and get a fresh start. He has the clout to do that. You know people by their actions, not their words.

Ding ding ding! You got it.

Chuck

I agree with your statement but it just goes to show that BO is a hypocrite. He talks of compassion, helping our fellow man, doing the right thing, etc. So he talks a good game. If he meant what he said his half brother would not be living in a shack in Narobi. WHy not help him come to the states and get a fresh start. He has the clout to do that. You know people by their actions, not their words.

Maybe, his brother doesn't want any help. Maybe, he's happy where he's at. We don't know if that might be a part of the story or not. Besides, BO (There's some initials for you!:D) is a politician. You and I both know about politicians. They'll say anything if, they think there might be votes involved.

Chuck

Ditto

Ok so he has some of the same genetic material that Barack Obama has.... the GLARING difference is the drive to educate himself and make a life for himself that makes a difference.

This is something the Dumb as Dirt crowd should learn from.. but I doubt it.

I've seen it in real life! I know a rancher who has two brothers. One is a dentist. The other is a cow thief! Both brothers have tried to help him but, the cow thief, choses to continue being a criminal. I've learned over the years, some people, you can help. Others, you can't.
That's life.

Chuck

Right, cos then you could crucify him for using his influence to help illegal aliens get into the country.

Chuck

Without more information it shows nothing of the sort.

One of my cousins was over 50 before finding out that she had 2 half-sisters. Didn't find out until they showed up at her (and their) father's funeral.

It's the unfortunate kind of outcome you get when parents divorce while children are very young, and the kids don't get to see their father's new kids by another woman.

Yet another miserable attempt at "swift boating".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Without more information it shows nothing of the sort. One of my cousins was over 50 before finding out that she had 2 half-sisters. Didn't find out until they showed up at her (and their) father's funeral.
Yet another miserable attempt at "swift boating".

You're apparently missing some of that information in this story, kalled. In one of the messiah's books, he talks of meeting this specific half-brother as a young boy. So he has known that he was out there all along. But he did nothing to track him down later in life as an adult and reunite with him.

And another aspect of this story that the liberals dare not speak of, is the comparison between America and Kenya: What a difference that America makes as the land of opportunity, compared with someone with similar genes living in Kenya. In America you can grow up to run for President, while in Kenya you grow up to live in a shack and fight every day just to get food. But recognizing that difference would entail admitting that there is something good about America, and liberals hate to do that.

Don't get me wrong, my favorite candidate in your election is "None of the Above"...

Yes, NOTA, is looking better all the time.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

You mean the way Obama pulled himself up? It must have come from his mother's side. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You're apparently missing some of that information in this story, kalled. In one of the messiah's books, he talks of meeting this specific half-brother as a young boy. So he has known that he was out there all along. But he did nothing to track him down later in life as an adult and reunite with him.

I have a half-brother I saw periodically till I was six years old, then one more time when I was 17 (ran into him at a football game). Does the fact I haven't tracked him down to see whether he needs my help make me a bad person or unworthy of any particular job?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

He seems physically able to fend for himself. Where's the old 'pulled myself up by my own boot-straps' thinking anymore?

You mean the way Obama pulled himself up? It must have come from his mother's side. ;)

Blues,
Dave

How racist! Are you saying that BO got his good traits from his WHITE mother? ;)
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.