akarunway

Ban pitbulls or guns?

Beyond that, yes, it IS a stupid ego thing to drop word that you carry.

This coming from a man who just posted on the Internet that he carries.

I'm through talking to you. You refuse to understand anything anyone else says.

- Dan G

Beyond that, yes, it IS a stupid ego thing to drop word that you carry.

This coming from a man who just posted on the Internet that he carries.

I'm through talking to you. You refuse to understand anything anyone else says.

Can't wait to see how long that lasts.

Um, there's quite a difference between telling a bunch of people you never see that you carry, and making sure that a whole bunch of your personal friends know that you carry.

Why not go tell Amazon that she screwed up? She announced that she has a CCW, too.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

It's too bad that the other guy was accidentally shot, but why the hell do people think it's OK to let their dogs run loose? I've gotten to where I'm afraid to go for walks in my own neighborhood - where people are supposed to have their dogs on a leash, but they often don't. Many times when I go for a walk, some big-ass dog will come running up to me, stopping about a foot in front of me, barking its head off, while the owner tries to call him back, saying, "Oh, don't worry; he's a nice dog."

:$

Umm. I see both sides of this fence.

We adopted Cruz three years ago. And beforehand we'd always be walking on the beach and see these dogs running free--but totally staying close to their person--and having fun and not overly excited by another dog or person. And, we'd people running in the early mornings (like us) and their dog ahead or following and unleashed.

Cruz has never really liked being on a leash--he obeys, and we're not against it, but ideally we don't want to leash him ever.

He's gotten pretty good at staying near us off-leash. But, he still gets really excited when he sees other dogs. He is friendly, but other people don't appreciate it sometimes. :$

OTOH, there was the sweetest pit bull roaming the streets the other day and he--of course--ended up following us home from our walk with Cruz. He drank a ton of water and allowed us to pet him and even allowed Zoe' (one of our kitties) to rub all up on him before I could grab her (not knowing his temperament with kitties).

We found the dog's owner, but I knew--unfortunately--a pit bull wandering the streets would probably be subject to potentially harmful things inflicted by fearful people. I was angry the owners had just let him out all willy-nilly. They weren't even worried. I'm thinking--it's a pit bull! I don't think they weren't worried because they didn't love the dog (he was healthy and seemed happy), but come on! To let your dog roam and not keep a watchful eye--and it being a pitbull at that--I was NONE too pleased. [:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.