shropshire

WTF is America doing?

So I guess that you think all invasions are equal.

A free democracy invading a tyrannical dictatorship to set its people free, is the same as a tyrannical dictatorship invading a free democracy.

So I guess there was nothing wrong with the Nazi's taking over Europe either. We all should have just ignored them and let them have it.

Couldn't have said it better, JohnRich. Thanks!

Man, the things you'd have to ignore and pretend not to see if you wanted to be a liberal...

(Oh, by the way, I couldn't vote in the poll. I was too disgusted by the misspelling of "hypocrisy.")
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

we almost kept out of ww2 if the american people had had thier way we would have left them to it.

So it seems that most people around the world object to the U.S. involving itself in foreign affairs. Fine. We can go back to being isolationist if that's really what they want.

And we can tell everyone to go fuck themselves the next time a tsunami comes around with their name on it. Or the next time they can't handle the aggression of a psychotic dictator.
Imaginations on fire

So I guess that you think all invasions are equal.

A free democracy invading a tyrannical dictatorship to set its people free, is the same as a tyrannical dictatorship invading a free democracy.

So I guess there was nothing wrong with the Nazi's taking over Europe either. We all should have just ignored them and let them have it.

As long as you believe in your self created fairy tales - yes. It seems you still believe in the holy crusade to free the poor. What an old BS.

It's nice to know you are stuck in your corner of the world. Stay there.

:|

You seem to specialize in hit-and-run, terse, hateful posts. Wow. That kind of bitter bile inside must be hard to live with.
Imaginations on fire

>I guess instead, we could have The Obamessiah declare "peace in our
>time", eh Bill?

Or the next McCain/Bush war. I'll take the guy who tries diplomacy before he starts killing.

I guess Putin's not your man, then?
Imaginations on fire

No of course they are not the same but the Iraq invasion was based upon a false premis blah blah blah... whilst Bush spouts on about Russia occupying Gerorgia. Do you think that Bush did the right thing in Iraq?

You have a hundred other threads to bash America over Iraq.

A sovereign democracy is invaded by communists, and all you liberals can think to do is bash America, which is doing nothing more than peacefully trying to make Russia stop.

I would like to see you America-bashers cease your mindless bashing long enough to give an honest answer to this question:
Do you approve of Russia invading Georgia?
Answer Yes or No.
See if you can pull yourself away from your America-bashing long enough to actually consider the seriousness of this world event, on its own. Forget about America for five seconds. Try really hard.

After failures in Korea, VN, Iraq and Afghanistan, it makes a real hard argument to think the US should continue its attack for Democracy. Don't worry, the US engages in conflicts with puny nations and then turns them into proxy wars, this will be no different; we won;t directly fight the Russians, we will supply Georgia with arms to fight them. Then there's that little debt thingy......

My thanks to JohnRich for proving just how hard it truly is for a liberal to [I]ANSWER A FUCKING YES OR NO QUESTION![/I]

Nice job, JohnRich! ;)
Imaginations on fire

John they are not for bashing America they are for bashing Bush and his arogant, warmongering ways. I can see the difference.

John apparently can't. But it's hard to take the America bashing complaint with a straight face since he puts so much effort into England bashing. :D

John they are not for bashing America they are for bashing Bush and his arogant, warmongering ways. I can see the difference.

John apparently can't. But it's hard to take the America bashing complaint with a straight face since he puts so much effort into England bashing. :D

;)

But I don't see his threads as U.K bashing ... more like [certain] U.K policy bashing.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

all you liberals can think to do is bash America,

John, please see post #12. I hardly think our Texan friend Chuck (Masterrig) would be considered a liberal, or an America-basher.

It's like back eons ago, when LBJ lamented "losing Walter Cronkite" over Vietnam. When Bush starts losing conservative Texans, that really does speak volumes.

Having said the above, I will now add that re: your question

Is the US:
- Demonstrating extreme hypocracy, or
- Fighting evil commies

The correct answer is "both". Yes, the hypocricy is evident. And yet anyone who thinks Putin & Co. don't pine for the good-ole days of USSR-style power exertion over its neighbors, and will take their opportunities where they can find them, is being naive.

Just today, I read in the news where Dubya accused Russia of: 'bullying and intimidation!' Excuse me? That's again, the pot calling the kettle black. If the case be that there is an oil pipeline in Georgia, there's your answer. Dubya is so deep with the 'Oilies' in this country it's sickening. To me, Dubya needs to keep his nose out of it until Georgia might ask for our help.
Chuck

I 100% agree.

I read your post to John Rich and you nailed it! I don't bash America... I love this country. I just bash the arrogant, bought-off politicians who have their own agendas. Those agendas usually mean big bucks in their pockets and what they can gain or to feed their egoes. I worry about where this country is headed. Besides being probably, the most wasteful nation in the world, like a lot of other countries, we are mis-lead by our government. All in all, we've had it too good for too long and we've gotten spoiled. I don't like either, the way our politicians keep our attention on something that in the long-run doesn't mean squat. Meanwhile, those things that really need attention are just ignored by our government. We spend billions on other countries and frivilous 'crap' and we'll never see that money again. Yet, we need that money for things right here... it isn't there. I still say, we need to clean-up our own backyard first.

Chuck

Just today, I read in the news where Dubya accused Russia of: 'bullying and intimidation!' Excuse me? That's again, the pot calling the kettle black. If the case be that there is an oil pipeline in Georgia, there's your answer. Dubya is so deep with the 'Oilies' in this country it's sickening. To me, Dubya needs to keep his nose out of it until Georgia might ask for our help.
Chuck

I 100% agree.

I read your post to John Rich and you nailed it! I don't bash America... I love this country. I just bash the arrogant, bought-off politicians who have their own agendas. Those agendas usually mean big bucks in their pockets and what they can gain or to feed their egoes. I worry about where this country is headed. Besides being probably, the most wasteful nation in the world, like a lot of other countries, we are mis-lead by our government. All in all, we've had it too good for too long and we've gotten spoiled. I don't like either, the way our politicians keep our attention on something that in the long-run doesn't mean squat. Meanwhile, those things that really need attention are just ignored by our government. We spend billions on other countries and frivilous 'crap' and we'll never see that money again. Yet, we need that money for things right here... it isn't there. I still say, we need to clean-up our own backyard first.

Chuck

While generally agreeing with the thrust of your post, the dollar amount spent by the US govt on foreign aid is peanuts compared with, say, just the SUPPLEMENTARY budget requests for the war in Iraq.

As a % of GDP given in foreign aid the US is not near the top of the league of wealthy countries.

qesdb.usaid.gov/gbk/

The USA could totally eliminate all its foreign aid and it still would make little difference in terms of fixing our problems at home.

Refraining from wars of aggression against other nations, on the other hand, would help a whole lot.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

While generally agreeing with the thrust of your post, the dollar amount spent by the US govt on foreign aid is peanuts compared with, say, just the SUPPLEMENTARY budget requests for the war in Iraq.

As a % of GDP given in foreign aid the US is not near the top of the league of wealthy countries.

qesdb.usaid.gov/gbk/

The USA could totally eliminate all its foreign aid and it still would make little difference in terms of fixing our problems at home.

Refraining from wars of aggression against other nations, on the other hand, would help a whole lot.

I have no idea how, I forgot 'Bush's War'! Thank you, for pointing that out. Billions spent, with high hopes of getting their oil.

Chuck

>time", eh Bill?

Or the next McCain/Bush war. I'll take the guy who tries diplomacy before he starts killing.

You stupid fuck. This your hero?. A fuckin NAZI. http://www.livevideo.com/video/JAYCEYJAKO/CD1DDF7927F649308A97BE1E9D6EA868/presscott-and-the-nazis.aspx
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>time", eh Bill?

You stupid fuck.

Nice PA...

Wow - I didn't know Grandad Bush was in office - thanks for clearing that up.

* you probably don't want to know what Joe Kennedy was up to during the Depression and WWII, either.*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

A sovereign democracy is invaded by communists

Russia was never a communist country.

I would like to see you America-bashers cease your mindless bashing

I would like to see you get a basic education about your own country in regards to words like "free democracy"

long enough to give an honest answer to this question:

Answer Yes or No.

No.

See if you can pull yourself away from your America-bashing long enough to actually consider the seriousness of this world event, on its own. Forget about America for five seconds. Try really hard.

It's not very serious at all, thats the point.

Here is something that is much more serious; traveling across to the other side of the world to invade two countries, murder several hundred thousands people and create millions of refugees...

oops I mean EXPORT FREE DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD AND END EVIL DICTATORSHIPS.

Answer Yes or No.

No.

Here is something that is much more serious; traveling across to the other side of the world to invade two countries, murder several hundred thousands people and create millions of refugees...

I might be misunderstanding what you're implying here.

Are you saying that if America had kept her battles close to home, say invaded Mexico or Canada, then that would be better?

That argument really doesn't make sense.

Answer Yes or No.

No.

Are you saying that if America had kept her battles close to home, say invaded Mexico or Canada, then that would be better?

"Americans" tried invading (what is now) Canada in 1775 and again in 1812. Didn't work too well either time. Did you know the Citadel in Quebec City was built to protect against US invasions?

HAHA.

It is funny when you think about it. Of the dozens of tyrranical dictatorships in line for a possible US invasion humanitarian mission, the one we chose to invade and kill tens of thousands of its people and turn into a vassal state free just happened to have HUGE reserves of oil. What are the odds of that?

"Americans" tried invading (what is now) Canada in 1775 and again in 1812. Didn't work too well either time. Did you know the Citadel in Quebec City was built to protect against US invasions?

Yup. Actually did know that, been there and thought it was a very cool landmark. (but lets not forget that the cannucks burnt down the White House - ok, maybe technically it was the Brits, but it was the War of 1812 which was supposed to be our battle with Canada... silly Europeans wanted to jump across the pond and play too. Wait, aren't we now getting back to the same discussion as above?)

So, back to his statements

What I was implying was that someone so hypocritical as to proclaim his countries murder as 'free democratic dictator stopping' doesn't have a leg to stand on in an argument about anyone else's affairs.

Domestic violence is often less 'serious' than international conflict.

It's wrong for Russia to invade Georgia, very wrong...

However they are not rolling tanks through the country to overthrow the government and capture the capital. It is a domestic/provincial dispute which, as far as I have read, involved Georgia bombing the civilian population before Russia ever stepped foot across the border.

How would a similar event have been framed in the west? US invades Mexico or US defends Mexico.

It is attempted annexation, and again wrong, but to compare Russian action in its current context to US action then Russia would have to have suddenly sprouted 40,000 men inside Nigeria and Congo.

It is 'serious'... it is 'serious' for all the innocent people catching Russian and Georgian shells in their apartment blocks... its not 'serious' if the word is used in a comparrison and defence of US action.