BaronVonBoll

What war is really all about

I see, you're not that well informed. After leaving the army, ex-serviceman keep their weapons at home. Perhaps, I should have explained that a bit more but, thought that might be well known. Seems, it's not. Have a look at Swiss history, you may find out their war background is not that remarkable.

"Just in case" simply means, if any invader would enter that small country, they'd be prepared. Invasions are "in" these days.

You are correct in saying that i'm not well versed in Swiss history. My point is that your post was rediculous.

You said the Swiss do not use their weapons to kill. Well, if someone invaded then they damn sure would. I don't use my gun to kill either, but I would if someone "invaded" my house in the middle of the night.

Then you tell him to go back to his corner and clean his gun. Are you implying that he should be ready with a clean weapon, just in case?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Drill a well, grow your own food (or move to a better place). Why do you have to kill someone? Unless they are trying to take the shit you worked hard for.

I sure hope that your "wink" means that you understand that you can only get water from a well that's dug where water exists and that food will only grow in soil that can support the growth of food. ;)

If not, I'm going to dinner somewhere else.
Owned by Remi #?

As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular.

Oscar Wilde

this begs the question of whether people who initiate these wars think it is some sort of "wickedness". Sometimes I wonder if these writers really take a look at their pedestals they stand on. Just because you can write plays and poems doesn't mean you can get the same credibility in writing about certain subjects. It's as if they actually believe they can change the thinking that they are not a part of by writing simple bumper-sticker quality phrases.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Every war in history is about one of two things Money or power.

Not entirely correct. More wars have been fought and more people have died on this planet throughout history in the name of religion than any other reason.

I agree with the sentiment but the numbers are way off.

The 20 million-plus the Russians lost in WW2, for example, didn't have anything to do with religion.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."