tazz

USA rattlin sabres

As of this morning, Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the Georgian Republic no longer exists.

Unless you are talking about a different quote that I haven't heard, I believe this information may be incorrect. Here is what Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister, said: "might as well forget about the territorial integrity of Georgia, because I believe Abkhazia and South Ossetia would never agree to be forced back into the Georgian state" (translation is mine, so it's not official). This is quite different from "the Georgian Republic doesn't exist", besides, it wasn't said by the Russian PM.

I may be wrong, though, and these may be different things... Can you provide a link to the quote you mentioned?
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

As of this morning, Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the Georgian Republic no longer exists.

Unless you are talking about a different quote that I haven't heard, I believe this information may be incorrect. Here is what Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister, said: "might as well forget about the territorial integrity of Georgia, because I believe Abkhazia and South Ossetia would never agree to be forced back into the Georgian state" (translation is mine, so it's not official). This is quite different from "the Georgian Republic doesn't exist", besides, it wasn't said by the Russian PM.

I may be wrong, though, and these may be different things... Can you provide a link to the quote you mentioned?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".