tazz

USA rattlin sabres

i don,t think america can tell the rusians to back off.
they ain,t going to listen. has the usa lost its clout.
i think the rusians are laughing at us.

Much of the world is laughing at us. First we lose the moral highground by fabricating reasons to invade a soverign nation, then we position our military as clowns flapping around without a clue as to what to do with the mess we created.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Is Russia going to receive the same level of World criticism that the US did? Or does just America get that judgment?

As of this morning, Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the Georgian Republic no longer exists.

Blue skies,

Jim

As of this morning, Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the Georgian Republic no longer exists.

Now that is really going to piss off those Georgian Olympic athletes and really mess up the medal count...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The arogant twat Bush and his cronies won't even see the irony:D:D:D

What I would like to know is... Was it God or some 'higher power' who told the U.S.A. that they were to 'police' the world? We have enough of our own problems right here... BIG problems. We can't seem to be able to run this country, let alone another. We need to clean-up our own back yard before we start telling other countries about theirs. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at the 'Arrogant Americans'!

Chuck

There really isn't much comparison between the two. Did Russia consult with the U.N.? Did Russia spend 18 mos trying to work things out diplomatically?

Just more of the "it's our fault" crowd. :S

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

exactly. but we never got the go ahead from the un remember. but America now looks like it can fight the good fight with a weak nation, but lets not mess with the big guys.
is that not the actions of a typical bully? come up against a tough guy and they run away from a fight.
next the chinese will invade tiwan and will we still stand by and do nothing but rattle sabres?

The question is though... Is Russia going to receive the same level of World criticism that the US did? Or does just America get that judgment?

Oh no, only America is evil. Everyone else can invade anyone they want, and that's okay.

Just look at the thread title. Russia invades, and the only comment he can make is that America is trying to start a war. Never mind that Russia is the one that invaded a neighbor, and America is just asking them to stop.

And then look at the typical partisan liberal bullshit responses here. All they can think to do is to call America a hypocrite, not to castigate Russia for the invasion.

Damned evil America!

>Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the
>Georgian Republic no longer exists.

That gives Russia an opportunity to replace their current separatist-supporting government with a more democratic sovereign government! Peace and freedom will reign.

Just as well you Texicans have your own country:)

Oh! You've seen the 'Visit Texas' commercials! Hell yeah! Just like the ad says... "It's a whole 'nother country! Y'all just saw New England and didn't go much farther. :D That 'tea thing' kinda threw a wrench in the works.:D

Chuck

There really isn't much comparison between the two. Did Russia consult with the U.N.? Did Russia spend 18 mos trying to work things out diplomatically?

Just more of the "it's our fault" crowd. :S

Just like the U.S. consulted the U.N about Iraq and Afghanistan! Russia don't need no sitnkin' U.N. Are we looking at another 'Cold War'? You're right... it's all nuts! I like what the late George Carlin said about such things... "It's prick wavin'!"

Chuck

Now that is really going to piss off those Georgian Olympic athletes and really mess up the medal count...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

>Fox News is reporting a quote from the Russian PM that states the
>Georgian Republic no longer exists.

That gives Russia an opportunity to replace their current separatist-supporting government with a more democratic sovereign government! Peace and freedom will reign.

Russia is cleaning up their own backyard and probably really screwing up our CIA efforts, but we would and have done the same.........;););););)

I almost never watch TV, but I got a shot of Condi talking trash to the Russians.....Can she really be that ridiculous?[:/][:/][:/][:/][:/][:/][:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

next the chinese will invade tiwan and will we still stand by and do nothing but rattle sabres?

Yep....not much you could do there either, you would wake up one day the chinese would have invaded and the rattle of your sabres would be heard around the world ......

I heard on the radio that bush was sending in military planes and personal with aid and doesnt care if russia agrees or not....Can anyone confirm this?
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

I heard on the radio that Bush was sending in military planes and personal with aid and doesnt care if Russia agrees or not....Can anyone confirm this?

Don't know if he said that, but yes there are US transport a/c in the country delivering aid.

Talk about pokeing a Bee hive with a shitty stick:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome