akarunway

A perfect example

A little while ago at an unamed large living complex in Las Vegas all the power went down. Took a min. I was outside locked and loaded. Neighbors know I carry. Guess who was the first one they came to? Fuck security and 911 they came to ME. ;)Edit to add: Cop response time approx. 10 mins. A couple blocks off the strip. Good luck if you're out in the sticks unarmed.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

A little while ago at an unamed large living complex in Las Vegas all the power went down. Took a min. I was outside locked and loaded. Neighbors know I carry. Guess who was the first one they came to? Fuck security and 911 they came to ME. ;)Edit to add: Cop response time approx. 10 mins. A couple blocks off the strip. Good luck if you're out in the sticks unarmed.

The world terrifies you and you buy a gun.

Power blackout occurs and your terrified neighbors come to you.

Incredible story.

Over-the-top factor: +10.

I've been in lots of power outages from thunderstorms. We all have, right? The first things that occur to me are "get the flashlights & candles" and "keep the fridge door closed" - not "arm myself against the marauding hordes."

Apparently they all know where the gun show is at...

:P

Yeah. It's today and tomorrow at Cashman Field Las Vegas , Nevada. Dollar off coupons in the paper.;)

Why would you call the cops because the power went out.

Cause the meth,coke heads hookers/pimps, bloods and crypts are hooked up invading homes maybe?;)Edit to add. I didn't call the cops and I never would. Unless it got way out of hand and I had the time an situation under control.(to wait on them)

Why would you call the cops because the power went out.

I don't see anywhere in his post where it says HE called the cops.
Oh fuck. LOL. I wouldn't call a cop if my life depended on it. I'd be dead first.;)

Cop response time approx. 10 mins.

Ten minutes sounds like a reasonable response time for a non-emergency.

Well. If you knew the hood it could have turned in to an emergency in a New York second. You gonna stand there w/ your cell ph. and call the cops and hope they get there before you're dead?

I don't get it. The point of concealed carry is that no one knows you are carrying. If I was carrying, why would I tell anyone???
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Cop response time approx. 10 mins.

Ten minutes sounds like a reasonable response time for a non-emergency.

Well. If you knew the hood it could have turned in to an emergency in a New York second. You gonna stand there w/ your cell ph. and call the cops and hope they get there before you're dead?

Who was going to kill them? You said the power went out, not that there was a break in or drive-by. Are all of your neighbors afraid of the dark?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Thank God I decided not to buy that gun...lol. It'd irritate the hell out of me if all the neighbors came over every time the power went out. :D:D

However, I'll keep the "generator" secret close to my chest...lol.

:)
linz

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Thank God I decided not to buy that gun...lol. It'd irritate the hell out of me if all the neighbors came over every time the power went out. :D:D

easily solved by a bad example of gun safety (wave around an unloaded gun with a bottle of (scotch/vodka/tequila) in the other hand. Then they will run in fear whenever they see you.

. . . and certainly, you can remember news footage of what happens in big cities when the power and lights are out for any period of time...

Yeah I remember the last big black out in New York on August 2003 . . . as I recall . . . nothing significant happened at all. I'm almost sure no riots broke out. In fact, I think it was hailed as one of the most peaceful blackouts ever.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/14/power.outage/

I'm almost nearly certain that simply having the power go out is NOT a good reason to break out the weaponry.

Now, if, on the other hand, actual rioting does break out . . . by all means, protect yourselves, but let's not get carried away. It's just the dark FFS.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Las Vegas crime stats. Would you be better able to defend yourself w/ a butter knife or a bat?http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

I was unable to find the darkness related crimes. Would they be listed under "bogeyman in the closet" or "monster under the bed?"

Seriously, you haven't given any reason to believe or evidence to suggest anyone was in any danger, regardless of whether you or the cops were in close proximity or not. What was the incident supposed to be a perfect example of?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!