DeVoll

Ignorant enviromentalist

I would love to. I've always wanted to experience life in a free country. Unfortunately, I've lived in the US all my life, so I haven't had that opportunity.

Well, take the opportunity.

Doesn't matter much though, self-flagellators don't do much good anywhere they go.

. . =(_8^(1)

If all 300+ million people in the US would actually start giving a shit abpout each other then the country would truly be great.

If you would check your facts you would find out that the US is one of the most giving/donating countrys in the world. If not the most. Try again.

And it's citizens kill each other at a higher rate than any other western industrialized nation.

That's because the US is a fistfight culture. People are constantly getting beaten to death.

If all 300+ million people in the US would actually start giving a shit abpout each other then the country would truly be great.

If you would check your facts you would find out that the US is one of the most giving/donating countrys in the world. If not the most. Try again.

And it's citizens kill each other at a higher rate than any other western industrialized nation.

That's because the US is a fistfight culture. People are constantly getting beaten to death.

By the people who are paid to protect us no less. [:/]

I can't seem to know when people are being sarcastic or not. The USA certainly does NOT have the highest murder rate of industrialized countries.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

there are other western countries on there as well that scored higher. Anyway, why is geography (western vs eastern) so important anyway?

So that they can either blame it on guns (when it is a gang crime/drug crime problem) or just talk about how badly America sucks.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

there are other western countries on there as well that scored higher. Anyway, why is geography (western vs eastern) so important anyway?

No, there are not. Just former Soviet block nations and other developing ones.

Is the distinction relevant? Debatable. But since crime tends to be inversely correlated to economic health, it's considered appropriate to compare the established first world nations, then the second level, then the developing nations separately.

A couple of degrees is no big deal right?

I was talking F not C so go ahead and keep changing the facts.

A 2.5?C rise in average world temperatures above 1990 levels may result

Hey Mr grammer you see that little "?" symbol. Do you know what that means????? That means that this one guy is not even sure on his own quote of temp.:S

according to Environmental Affairs and Tourism Minister Marthinus van Schalkwyk.

OMG you mean this one guy does not even know if his made of info is true or not that he is preeching about at an enviromental convention???? This is one persons opinion.:S Try bringing facts to the table.

Although, you are from the great 'fuck everybody that isn't us' state of Texas, so I'm sure you don't care about the animals in Africa.

Yes i am and no i dont give a damn about the animals in Africa. That is there problem! We have enought problems in the US like trying to get liberals to open there eyes and bring facts to conversations.;)

Wow you can be dumb as a box of rocks and still be well off. Get me a job where you work.

You call me what ever you what just remember who the ignorant broke person is. And i dout you could get a job where i work cuase i own the place and i dont hire loud mouth punks:P;) Better luck elsewhere.

ATTENTION ALL KALLEND HAS MADE AN IGNORANT COMENT (go figure) That has no a damn thing to do with this coment. I said they are giving/ caring people. If you want to start that talk then take if to another thread and i will school you on how the libs. are to blame for that and illegal imigration;)

You ask for facts. However, let me put to you the question that I have never once seen answered by anyone of your ilk in this forum:

What "facts" would honestly make you re-evaluate your position? Do they exist? If they do, then please, point us in the right direction. If they don't, then why are you here other than to belittle others? By "re-evaluate" I don't necessarily mean "change your mind", either.

If your mind is truly 100% closed on this issue, then why bother coming to a forum or starting a "debate" about it? My wager would be on the "just to hear yourself speak in a grammatically incorrect and loudmouthed manner" option. Case in point:

That is there problem!

What? Where? Did you mean to say, "that there is the problem" (in the manner of some southern or Texas vernacular) or "that is THEIR problem"? So for the folks who make fun of people who take the time to write and speak correctly, here is a perfect example of the ambiguity of meaning that can arise from IMPROPER use of the English language.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I cannot be more efficient with my mode of transportation it the product doesnt exist.

Not like you could change your mode of transportation. :S

You and rhys sure are bright;) Me and my wife both drive very big veh. (navigator and F250 truck) Just cuase you may see someone in a big vehicle does not mean that is all that ever drives in that veh. Just cuase i dont have my wife and 3 kids with me when your sweating bullets thinking of how much gas/ diesel we are burning, does not mean squat. So take a breath and think about the fact that just cuase you can get away with a pinto / Geo does not mean everyone can;)

Hey Mr grammer you see that little "?" symbol. Do you know what that means????? That means that this one guy is not even sure on his own quote of temp.:S

Actually thats supposed to be the little circle that stands for degrees. but when a web browser can't read it it shows up as a question mark. Somebody failed their computer classes. I'm sure those weren't the only ones. :)

according to Environmental Affairs and Tourism Minister Marthinus van Schalkwyk.

OMG you mean this one guy does not even know if his made of info is true or not that he is preeching about at an enviromental convention???? This is one persons opinion.:S Try bringing facts to the table.

Well I hate to break it to you but any information you present is also someones opinion. Yeah thats right, it's always just someones opinion based on the facts they have. The people you use as sources are probably getting their information from the same guy your beloved Bush got his WMD info from. :S:D

Although, you are from the great 'fuck everybody that isn't us' state of Texas, so I'm sure you don't care about the animals in Africa.

Yes i am and no i dont give a damn about the animals in Africa. That is there problem! We have enought problems in the US like trying to get liberals to open there eyes and bring facts to conversations.;)

...he said with his eyes sewed shut. Take your own advice, open your eyes, climb out from under the rock, stop intentionally trying to find stuff that refutes global warming and you will find a lot more that supports it. BTW, you talk about us not having facts, I'm still waiting to see your facts. A credible (you may have to look that one up) source would be nice but since you'll be hard pressed to find it go ahead and post some facts from a right wing propaganda website.

But it's time for me to stop arguing with you. All your stupid posts are making my head hurt.

I am one of the most open minded people you will ever talk to!!!! Please ask anybody that knows me. I am open to a conversation that is presented by another open minded person, not the typical ignorant person that will answer your question with another question. And i meant their. But that is my point, you knew what i meant and instaead of contributing to the topic at hand, you chose to point out what everbody else already knew. I CAN NOT SPELL. No shit sherlock!;)

I am asking you politely, without resorting to the overuse of exclamation marks, what type of facts you would like to see. You say "give me facts." All I'm asking for is a bit more clarity to your question.

How is that not fair? Tell me the type of "facts" that you would find acceptable to the argument at hand.

By the way, facts that disprove or contradict your point are still facts. MY point with my posts is to have you prove my hypothesis that any evidence or facts that are contrary to YOUR opinion will be discounted by you as not being factual. Which, when followed to a logical conclusion, tells me that you are, indeed, close-minded about this issue.

By the way, when i first read your post, i did NOT know what you meant and had to re-read the sentence and context several times. Communicating your points effectively goes a long way. Otherwise you stand the very great chance of having your readers discount your opinions as meaningless.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Mr grammer you see that little "?" symbol. Do you know what that means????? That means that this one guy is not even sure on his own quote of temp.

Actually thats supposed to be the little circle that stands for degrees. but when a web browser can't read it it shows up as a question mark. Somebody failed their computer classes. I'm sure those weren't the only ones.

The cool thing is that i have someone i pay to do comp. classes so i dont have to.;) Maybe your ignorant source failed there reading class.

Well I hate to break it to you but any information you present is also someones opinion. Yeah thats right, it's always just someones opinion based on the facts they have.

You are incorrect. If you would open your eyes and actually read my post you would have seen some facts. Such as the temp has only risen 1.4 F in the last century. Damn facts suck dont they. So were is Al Gore with his lies know???

The people you use as sources are probably getting their information from the same guy your beloved Bush got his WMD info from.

Ignorance is bliss. Do some fact checking.http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/ CNN is a left leaning web add. congress voit to goto war as did Bush. every other country beleived the same thing as Bush. Sadams highest personel beleived he had WMD. Try reading a little, and no i am not talking about your college news paper made by Mr Liberal proffesor.:S

But it's time for me to stop arguing with you. All your stupid posts are making my head hurt.

Its ok that is something that happens when you are learning rather than going along with the flow of your liberal professor. Do know Kallend personally?????

First i would like for you to tell me how global warming is a major issue when the av. anual temp has only risen 1.4 F in the last century.

By how much did the mean temperature increase over the past fifty years? What about the past twenty-five years.

It's important to look at proper intervals and examine higher derivatives of the average temperatures, otherwise we end up with data that is nearly meaningless.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

First i would like for you to tell me how global warming is a major issue when the av. anual temp has only risen 1.4 F in the last century.

By how much did the mean temperature increase over the past fifty years? What about the past twenty-five years.

It's important to look at proper intervals and examine higher derivatives of the average temperatures, otherwise we end up with data that is nearly meaningless.

You are correct that the data you did/didn't provide is useless. Let me give you a hint. In the last 50 years the liberals have gone from global warming to global cooling back to global warming. You tell me about useless data, try talking to the liberals about made up data.;):P

You are correct that the data you did/didn't provide is useless. Let me give you a hint. In the last 50 years the liberals have gone from global warming to global cooling back to global warming. You tell me about useless data, try talking to the liberals about made up data.;):P

I'm sorry. I thought you said you were open minded. I must have misunderstood. Forgive me for trying to show you why the piece of date you were relying on to make your point (i.e. 1.4ºF increase in average temperature over the past century) is meaningless in the context in which you were attempting to use it.

If you'd rather continue clinging to incorrect conclusions based on politics instead of factual scientific evidence, feel free. You won't be the only one in SC to do so. If that's what you choose to do, rather than learn why those conclusions are incorrect, you should be careful about calling others ignorant.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If you'd rather continue clinging to incorrect conclusions based on politics instead of factual scientific evidence, feel free. You won't be the only one in SC to do so. If that's what you choose to do, rather than learn why those conclusions are incorrect, you should be careful about calling others ignorant.

Please school me on the facts... you have yet to do so.