Andy9o8

Do smokers repulse you?

And a good glass of wine or a hard shot of the the best bourbon around.

I'll take a scotch instead? Come on over, got enough ice and a spare glass for ya!
Na. Drank a whole bottle of Jonnie Walker Black on my 16th many moons ago. Cured me of Scotch. I'll send ya a bottle of some good bourbon tho. I'm partial to Knob Creek right now. B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Na. Drank a whole bottle of Jonnie Walker Black on my 16th many moons ago.

I have some Glenn Roth. Single malt baby! Never had any good bourbon to sip on with a nice cigar. Need to give it a try!;)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Na. Drank a whole bottle of Jonnie Walker Black on my 16th many moons ago. Cured me of Scotch. I'll send ya a bottle of some good bourbon tho. I'm partial to Knob Creek right now. B|

IMO, JW is a particularly foul version of scotch. (any color)

Because Scotch and Bourbon are getting killed by vokda and tequila by the younger generations, the major brands are doing a lot of free tasting events - try em all and you might find one you like. For me, Glenlivit.

The JW event is funny - it felt like Calvin Kline meets booze marketing. They definitely want to position themselves as the young man's scotch, with Chivas being the old man's scotch. Maybe it's like with Bud/Miller lite - the taste isn't supposed to matter as much as the ads.

Can't stand them. Not the actual person really, but the smoke that surrounds them, sometimes theres no way to keep from breathing second hand smoke. If smokers want to kill them selves, fine. But don't impose on anyone who doesn't embrace the idea. After all You can eat to you health, you can drink to your health, but you CAN NOT smoke to your health.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

with the current CA bans in bars, restaurants, near anything remotely interesting, it's rarely the smoke that offends.

It's the fucking butts dumped on the ground everywhere. Out of cars (hello, what's that ashtray for?)

There are moves here to ban smoking on ALL council lands aswell, beaches, parks etc...
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's the fucking butts dumped on the ground everywhere. Out of cars (hello, what's that ashtray for?)

I didn't even notice until after we bought it, but our new pickup doesn't have an ashtray in it. So I guess that means I'm not allowed to take up smoking again. (Not that I want to anyway. Just the thought of smoking a cigarette now makes me feel sick.)

Ooo, it's the worst when you meet an attractive, cool guy....then you see him pull out a cigarette. Ugh! Instant deal breaker, no exceptions!

It isn't the appearance of a smoker that bothers me as much as the coughing that sounds like they are about to hack up a lungB|. The other thing is how their fingers smell like nicotine and how the odor clings to EVERYTHING. No matter how much smokers try to smoke with the windows down or outdoors and air out...it doesn't work. I end up spending double on drycleaning when I hang around smokers.

Can't stand them. Not the actual person really, but the smoke that surrounds them, sometimes theres no way to keep from breathing second hand smoke. If smokers want to kill them selves, fine. But don't impose on anyone who doesn't embrace the idea. After all You can eat to you health, you can drink to your health, but you CAN NOT smoke to your health.

Much second hand smoke data is the liberal equivalent to the neocon 'Iraq is an immediate threat'.

I'm not interested in being involved with or kissing a smoker but if they want to smoke in a reasonable environment ...more power to em.

Can I smell the tobacco ...yes. Is it a big deal ...no. Do I have an emotional reaction to smokers ...no.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

What I really hate is people who smoke just before they get in the plane. I am stuck smelling it for twenty minutes.

Of all the ...odors we endure on the way to altitude, you pick tobacco as the one you hate?!?!?!? :S
-----------------------

What I really hate is people who smoke just before they get in the plane. I am stuck smelling it for twenty minutes.

Of all the ...odors we endure on the way to altitude, you pick tobacco as the one you hate?!?!?!? :S

Yes!

So, um, when you feel the need to fart, do you step into the closet and close the door? :)
-----------------------

Yes!

So, um, when you feel the need to fart, do you step into the closet and close the door? :)

No, I go find a smoker and give a little payback.:P

I smoked when I was a teenager for 5 years, as much as a pack a day (I was a naughty girl). One of the things that helped me quit was smelling my hands after every cigarette: Nasty! I haven't smoked in almost 10 years, and it definitely repulses me now. Smokers aren't bad people, they just smell bad.

I had two granddads on mom's side die of lung cancer (one smoked, one didn't), and my dad died of lung cancer last year (smoker). My mom and brother still smoke: genius!

My mom's tried to quit, but I think she was only reinforced when doctors found that--amazingly--she actually exhales with the same air-to-toxic-crap ratio of a non-smoker. We think her lungs must be teflon-coated, or something. Nothing sticks. . . Or sticks so much that it doesn't come back out.

Blech.

You know what are fun and shaped like cigarettes? Crayons. If everybody just played with crayons when they wanted to smoke, there'd be a lot more art in this world and maybe some bellies full of wax but that's probably better than cancer.
Let's go to candy mountain.

I do smoke and started smoking to control my stress levels when I had a job that could kill me at any moment. Now it's an addiction and is getting the better of me. I've managed to cut down to a half a pack a day but that's where I'm stalling. Every time I try to quit I feel like I'm going to strangle someone. What I need is a couple months in the mountains by myself to deal with it without causing any harm to others.

It does not bother me that I repulse you because I smoke. :P

Good for you! Keep on trying. You'll get there.

:)
linz

I didn't see this until now. Thanks for the encouragement! :)
www.FourWheelerHB.com