base_nz

Onward Christian Soldiers (with special new laws)

Christians are pouring into sydney city this weekend for CYD and the australian police have decided that you can be DETAINED...and fined for ANNOYING or INTERFERING with the pilgrims :S....

Protesters have been asked to PRE-APPROVE banners and T-shirts before hand...(Lucky ive still got the receipt for the Devils costume!)

And im guessing the protesters at the abortion clinic will only get in trouble if its a pilgrim with the doctors appointment???
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Tell me about it>:(

I pay my taxes, so I can be charged and then fined up to $5500 for merely "annoying" a bloody tourist in my own damned street??!!!

If I'm caught threatening them with a knife its only up to $1100 fine.....so all I can deduce is that maybe they're trying to inspire us....:S

xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

What happens when the Pope shows up on Bondi Beach? :D

I guess that depends on whether or not you think he's a member of the undead....:P
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Why in the world would you want to bother these people?

Its not even a case of deliberately targeting them; if you're in the CBD and wearing a shirt of your own volition that happens to "annoy" a WYD pilgrim, that's sufficient grounds for the cops to detain you, search you and write you up for $5500!

I'm guessing the authorities are still smarting from the Chaser boys' Bin Laden stunt during Bush's visit for APEC....B|
xj

Here's a thought, it doesn't fucking matter!

Needing a 'legitimate' reason to say something in order to be allowed to say it is not freedom of speech, and by extension is not freedom.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I dont and i wont..... Its only kids man!.....

But as was said before.....even if i wear a t-shirt that ive had for ages that has no profanity on it but makes a joke about god if i walk past a police man today.....He can arrest me!.......and then fine me after keeping me in custody for fuck knows how long...

:S:S:S:S

And i LOVE that T-shirt;)

Sanity has prevailed!!!!!

The federal court has just unanimously overturned the 'annoying clause' on the grounds that it was not the intention of Parliament to empower the World Youth Day Authority to "make such vague and extensive limits to free speech".

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24022955-5016937,00.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-youth-day/court-dumps-annoy-law/2008/07/15/1215887596459.html[url]
xj

Needing a 'legitimate' reason to say something in order to be allowed to say it is not freedom of speech, and by extension is not freedom.

Huh?

Motive is irrelevant to the right to protest.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You don't think the catholic authorities would limit freedom do you? Come on, that's crazy talk.

You are missing what's happening here! The reason we're all ticked off, is that the World Youth Day Authority was established by (and is a branch of) our Government to organise WYD!

I'd expect repression from the Catholic Church, but it grates when our own govt is doing the job for them, using our tax dollars!
xj

The federal court has just unanimously overturned the 'annoying clause' on the grounds that it was not the intention of Parliament to empower the World Youth Day Authority to "make such vague and extensive limits to free speech".

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-youth-day/court-dumps-annoy-law/2008/07/15/1215887596459.html

Good! Now go and annoy a few of them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-youth-day/court-dumps-annoy-law/2008/07/15/1215887596459.html

:)

You don't think the catholic authorities would limit freedom do you? Come on, that's crazy talk.

Just ask the homeless community here in Sydney's CBD, that have all been hidden, well moved out of the city so that they dont bother or offend the God folk. Although some priest did mention that it had been done so that they (the homeless) can maintain there privacy :S:S
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

:)

While wearing a t-shirt that says: Mary was only a virgin if you don't count anal.

Shouldn't be a problem as all Christians are peace loving.

Firstly i have lived in Kings cross for a few years and to say its a bit seedy is an understatement!!!!

I walked out there tonight expecting to see all of the usual crazies..Drunken shouting tracksuit lady, Jonny radio ect...

There was not 1 homeless,crackhead, nutter......

I am truley truly , for the first time in years AMAZED..... it was a bit scary really...where have they put them all???.......

And earlier on i was involved in an incident between some Krishna's and christians.......it was some sort of religious danceoff....i think to determine the one true faith .....a surprisingly large amount of bystanders chose to join the hometown favorite....

KRISHNA....KRISNA KRISHNA ....HARE HARE!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Firstly i have lived in Kings cross for a few years and to say its a bit seedy is an understatement!!!!

I walked out there tonight expecting to see all of the usual crazies..Drunken shouting tracksuit lady, Jonny radio ect...

There was not 1 homeless,crackhead, nutter......

I am truley truly , for the first time in years AMAZED..... it was a bit scary really...where have they put them all???.......

And earlier on i was involved in an incident between some Krishna's and christians.......it was some sort of religious danceoff....i think to determine the one true faith .....a surprisingly large amount of bystanders chose to join the hometown favorite....

KRISHNA....KRISNA KRISHNA ....HARE HARE!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D I havent seen any Hare Krisnas in years; I had almost forgotten about them.
KRISNA KRISNA....HARE RAMA!!!
If I ever join I want to play the finger cymbals.

:D:D I havent seen any Hare Krisnas in years; I had almost forgotten about them.
KRISNA KRISNA....HARE RAMA!!!
If I ever join I want to play the finger cymbals.

Those guys make me laugh. They are regularly pushing their wares in my home town on a saturday and had some kind of weird Krishna festival on recently. I mean that song isn't exactly hard to remember but they had a dirty great big banner with the words on it, all three of them. :D:D:D

I reckon it's care in the community and that's their way of integrating back into society. Bless.