ChasingBlueSky

McCain: No seriously guys, FISA is important to me...

The morning of the FISA vote McCain unleashes on Obama about it:

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/mccain_hits_obama_on_fisa_vote.php

But look at this
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Calendar/Detail.aspx?guid=146ebbb6-e9c5-44d1-80a7-2ae79b7112b6

McCain currently has missed 61% of the votes in the Senate. The most of any active Senator. Not sure about you guys, but I would lose my job if I was absent that often.

Meanwhile Obama is actually there voting for the Amedments to the FISA vote, esp the Dobb, Specter and Bingaman ones.
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00164#top

One has to wonder if GW will pull down his pants and shit on the 4th Amendment after he signs the new FISA into law. Nixon must be pissing himself in his grave that this idiot got away with it but he didn't.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.."
Ben Franklin

edit to add:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/fisa-compromise.ars

Worth a read if you missed it.

One has to wonder if GW will pull down his pants and shit on the 4th Amendment after he signs the new FISA into law.

As did Clinton:

"The Department of Justice believes, and the case law supports, that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes," Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on July 14, 1994, "and that the President may, as has been done, delegate this authority to the Attorney General."

"It is important to understand," Gorelick continued, "that the rules and methodology for criminal searches are inconsistent with the collection of foreign intelligence and would unduly frustrate the president in carrying out his foreign intelligence responsibilities."

Did you have a POINT with the statement, or was it just another "oh, look at how bad the REPUBLICANS are!" while ignoring the fact that the Dems are just as bad?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

One has to wonder if GW will pull down his pants and shit on the 4th Amendment after he signs the new FISA into law.

As did Clinton:

"The Department of Justice believes, and the case law supports, that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes," Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on July 14, 1994, "and that the President may, as has been done, delegate this authority to the Attorney General."

"It is important to understand," Gorelick continued, "that the rules and methodology for criminal searches are inconsistent with the collection of foreign intelligence and would unduly frustrate the president in carrying out his foreign intelligence responsibilities."

Did you have a POINT with the statement, or was it just another "oh, look at how bad the REPUBLICANS are!" while ignoring the fact that the Dems are just as bad?

It is just BDS
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As did Clinton:

So you think that makes it OK, then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

As did Clinton:

So you think that makes it OK, then.

No, that's YOUR schtick - anything the Dems do is ok, because the Reps are worse - remember?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>BDS in the first post....

You know, as you have pointed out several times, those posters with BDS will be over it in about six months. Your CDS, it seems, is incurable. He's been gone over 7 years and yet you cannot seem to help yourself.

CDIF by the second post. Back to normal.

IABF / BDS in the first post....what's your point, besides the obvious deflect from MY point that they're ALL shitheads?

QWERTY? LMNOP? RDS? Guess I don't know these new ones.

I'm pretty sure I've gone on record that I'm not a Democrat, so not sure what the point was of your first post. Also, if you wanted something more relevant you should have looked at who voted yes/no....Going after the massive amount of Dems that voted against the amendments and for FISA is overwhelming. People I used to respect, like Jim Webb, will never get my support again. I didn't realize he was a piece of trash that was just as easily purchased like the rest of the Senate and House.

Still, good to see McCain likes to make an issue about Obama and the vote then he doesn't have the courage to show up and make his own vote.

Oh ya, I wrote the Obama campaign and informed them I am withdrawing my support because this was not filibustered and that the young senator from my state didn't do all he could to protect our freedoms.

>BDS in the first post....

You know, as you have pointed out several times, those posters with BDS will be over it in about six months. Your CDS, it seems, is incurable. He's been gone over 7 years and yet you cannot seem to help yourself.

Whatever you say, Bill. :S - I forgot that showing the hypocrisy of people trying to blame one political party / President for stuff that's been going on for years / decades was forbidden.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>I forgot that showing the hypocrisy of people trying to blame one political party . . .

And I forgot that your CDS has evolved such an intricate and noble camouflage. Battle on against hypocrisy and evil, brave soldier!

See above - and thanks for proving my point.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bunch of spineless, worthless, pieces of fucking dog shit. It's almost revolution time when the government and big business shit on the law and then make their actions retroactively legal.

And fuck Obama too.:|

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.