TheAnvil

Democrat Foreign Policy Icons

Winnie the Pooh and Luke Skywalker have come to the forefront of the Democratic foreign policy discussion. Hot damn, hot damn, but it's just about the reading level I'd expect from most of those clowns.

Bill, I know you read at the level of Foreign Policy, The Economist, & The Wilson Quarterly. But you've got to admit - this is funny (and I know it wasn't Danzig's message in its entirety; he's a three digit IQ). This is too good to pass up.

So who will be the next great thinker the left wingers turn to for inspiration on foreign policy? I say it's either Chicken Little or Brave Brave Sir Robin.

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!

:D:D:D:D:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

So who will be the next great thinker the left wingers turn to for inspiration on foreign policy?

Senator Sam Nunn.

Bonus question: How many times did he turn down the offer for SecDef before President GW Bush offered it to Donald Rumsfeld? ;)

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Well, to be fair, while democrats do talk a lot of nonsense about Hollywood, republicans elect those same sort of people to positions of power. I mean, we have the Terminator as governor of California and we had the star of Bedtime for Bonzo as president. Heck, this election cycle we had a star of the series Law and Order as a serious contender for president!

Who's next? President Vin Diesel? Texas Governor DiCaprio? Secretary of State Will Smith?

Well, to be fair, while democrats do talk a lot of nonsense about Hollywood, republicans elect those same sort of people to positions of power. I mean, we have the Terminator as governor of California and we had the star of Bedtime for Bonzo as president. Heck, this election cycle we had a star of the series Law and Order as a serious contender for president!

Who's next? President Vin Diesel? Texas Governor DiCaprio? Secretary of State Will Smith?

Billvon deflection tactic #1: Find the most outlandish examples possible and ridicule them, thereby showing the OP to be making 'much ado about nothing'.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I absolutely LOVE how the party of distraction can try to spin not just seven years of failed foreign policy but seven years of human rights violations that have caused the world to turn against us . . . into a Democratic party problem.

Good going!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I absolutely LOVE how the party of distraction can try to spin not just seven years of failed foreign policy but seven years of human rights violations that have caused the world to turn against us . . . into a Democratic party problem.

Good going!

Ah, and there's the "It's ALL Bush's Fault" contingent checking in, right on time!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good going!

Ah, and there's the "It's ALL Bush's Fault" contingent checking in, right on time!

When the ship (of state) goes down, it's the captain that is responsible.

Or are you admitting GWB is simply a puppet and a stooge?

Those really are your only options here. He can either be the guy in charge or the guy that's not in charge. Which is it?
quade -

Good going!

When the ship (of state) goes down, it's the captain that is responsible.

Or are you admitting GWB is simply a puppet and a stooge?

Those really are your only options here. He can either be the guy in charge or the guy that's not in charge. Which is it?

*Y'ALL* can't even make up your minds on that issue...why should anyone else?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But is this a flaw of the GOP who gets them elected, or the Democrats in the SAG who fail to (Warren Beatty, Robert Redford) to even try?

The common theme of your examples is governor of California, the state that has Hollywood. And of course if Arnold were permitted, he probably would be a presidential candidate. Reagan didn't win because of his movies, and neither would Arnold in such an attempt. Both would be measured on their tenure as head of the state.

Well, to be fair, while democrats do talk a lot of nonsense about Hollywood, republicans elect those same sort of people to positions of power. I mean, we have the Terminator as governor of California

Yeah, because Gray Davis was just such a visionary...signing the state into billions of debt guaranteed to the utilities because he couldn't manage the energy supply issues of 1999-2001...

Honestly, is the "Governator" really doing that badly? He's contended quite well I think given the legislature. Besides, it looks like Jerry Brown might be making another run for the office soon...who knows.

and we had the star of Bedtime for Bonzo as president.

Of course, he had real experience as a chief executive as governor of California first...also ended the Cold War...I know...no big deal...detente was so good under President Carter...

Heck, this election cycle we had a star of the series Law and Order as a serious contender for president!

Of course Sen. Thompson was all this before he became an actor:

Congressional Staff Special Counsel, Senate Intelligence Cmte. (1982)
Congressional Staff Special Counsel, Senate Foreign Relations Cmte. (1980-81)
Tennessee State Official Special Counsel to Gov. Lamar Alexander (1980)
US Official Minority Counsel, Watergate Committee (1973-74)
US Attorney Assistant US Attorney (1969-72)

I know you're kidding around. However, there is a clear distinction between the accomplishments of say, Fred Thompson versus Martin Sheen. ..and there's no comparison in terms of civil conduct...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And then the Supposed Libertarian shows up and does the Defender of the Repubican Realm act for us all.

*yawn*

I won't go through the whole "lack of condemnation != support" thing again... it's wasted on the 'true believers'.

Although the tactics of some sound QUITE familiar....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Winnie the Pooh and Luke Skywalker have come to the forefront of the Democratic foreign policy discussion. Hot damn, hot damn, but it's just about the reading level I'd expect from most of those clowns.

Bill, I know you read at the level of Foreign Policy, The Economist, & The Wilson Quarterly. But you've got to admit - this is funny (and I know it wasn't Danzig's message in its entirety; he's a three digit IQ). This is too good to pass up.

So who will be the next great thinker the left wingers turn to for inspiration on foreign policy? I say it's either Chicken Little or Brave Brave Sir Robin.

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!

:D:D:D:D:D

On the Republican side the favorite choice of text is clear:

The Pet Goat

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

>Find the most outlandish examples possible . . .

Of course. Because electing an actor to be president has NOTHING TO DO with politics, or with how a political party sees Hollywood. But when an Obama aide mentions Luke Skywalker as an example of a hero in a discussion, it's JUST LIKE getting your inspiration from Chicken Little.

Bravo Mike! FOX News could use more journalists like yourself.

I'm having fun! I'm chuckling over the thought of republicans lambasting democrats for paying too much attention to Hollywood. Sorta like Al Gore lecturing someone on their home using too much power.

Mike, on the other hand, might be having some blood pressure issues . . .

>Find the most outlandish examples possible . . .

Of course. Because electing an actor to be president has NOTHING TO DO with politics, or with how a political party sees Hollywood. But when an Obama aide mentions Luke Skywalker as an example of a hero in a discussion, it's JUST LIKE getting your inspiration from Chicken Little.

Would that be the actor that was governor of one of the largest states for 8 years, or the actor that had a career as an attorney and as an advisor to Congress before spending 9 years as a US Senator?

Bravo Mike! FOX News could use more journalists like yourself.

Ah, yes...Billvon deflection tactic #2: Ridicule anyone who disagrees and suggest they get a job with whatever group/organization is being belittled at the time.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm having fun! I'm chuckling over the thought of republicans lambasting democrats for paying too much attention to Hollywood. Sorta like Al Gore lecturing someone on their home using too much power.

Mike, on the other hand, might be having some blood pressure issues . . .

Very doubtful... I get quite the chuckle out of watching the pretzel-bending that goes on around here...from both sides.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good going!

Are you saying that we had no human rights violations before Bush? That would be awfully naive. You don't think the world was against us before Bush? That would be awfully naive.

This is not to say that Bush didn't carry it along just as the other presidents, but it certainly didn't originate with the Bush administration.

Good going!

Are you saying that we had no human rights violations before Bush? That would be awfully naive. You don't think the world was against us before Bush? That would be awfully naive.

This is not to say that Bush didn't carry it along just as the other presidents, but it certainly didn't originate with the Bush administration.

And if you're saying the levels of human rights violations that have occurred during the 43rd Administration aren't the highest that have occurred since before 1865 by a very wide margin, then you're woefully misinformed.
quade -

You don't think the world was against us before Bush? That would be awfully naive.

I do think that the intensity of resentment against the US has increased under Bush. There is always a level of dislike for the US here in Canada, particularly on the political left. It grown enormously over the last five years or so.