livendive

Christianity - it now makes so much more sense

drugs.... if you were doing drugs..... lots and lots of drugs..... you would be a believer too

Thou shalt smoke a turde in hell for thou's transgression :D:D

Roy

PS: a lobotomy would work as well as any name brand drugs, just make sure its a 3/4 inch bit correctly anointed with holy water made by a reformed babtist mongolian voodo priest who uses the bibles pages for asswipe B|

the funniest thing about this is the holy rollers will never notice how rediculous thier beliefs really are....

Roy

PS: I wear nomex :)

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Ha ha, I just thought this was hilarious. :D:o:D

Blues,
Dave

Cute. However, ANYTHING can be trivialized and made to look ridiculous. Just look at skydiving.....we're bonded together in euphoria over our repeated near death experiences. Shall I go on ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Blues,
Dave

Cute. However, ANYTHING can be trivialized and made to look ridiculous.

And some things are ridiculous right from the start;)

Just look at skydiving.....we're bonded together in euphoria over our repeated near death experiences. Shall I go on ?

Please do, sounds good so far. Be sure to mention beer at some point.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Blues,
Dave

Cute. However, ANYTHING can be trivialized and made to look ridiculous.

And some things are ridiculous right from the start;)

Just look at skydiving.....we're bonded together in euphoria over our repeated near death experiences. Shall I go on ?

Please do, sounds good so far. Be sure to mention beer at some point.:)

Well, that would be our holy sacrament, along with pizza or burritos.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Blues,
Dave

What will you do if he really is the atonement for your sin? Would you feel any shame then? Or would you remain heartless? I cant believe you are so certain there is no God that you would actually mock his greatest expression of grace...wow, talk about ignorance.
"We didn't start the fire"

Blues,
Dave

What will you do if he really is the atonement for your sin? Would you feel any shame then? Or would you remain heartless? I cant believe you are so certain there is no God that you would actually mock his greatest expression of grace...wow, talk about ignorance.

I am by no means certain there is no "god". What I'm profoundly confident in is the incredible odds against any of the human religions being correct. Please go back and read the text of the attachment in the original post and then tell me again that I'm ignorant to find it *highly* unlikely. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I am by no means certain there is no "god". What I'm profoundly confident in is the incredible odds against any of the human religions being correct. Please go back and read the text of the attachment in the original post and then tell me again that I'm ignorant to find it *highly* unlikely.

No need. That would be like me showing a picture of someone you dearly love slaughtered and then mocking them...one look at that is enough for me. The funny thing is, he did that for you also.

Coincedentally though, since you dont really deny the existance of God...If for some reason his spirit would manifest into something we can relate to, what would you expect his message to be? And if that message was love one another with pure love, how would it be greater expressed?

Coincedentally though, since you dont really deny the existance of God...If for some reason his spirit would manifest into something we can relate to, what would you expect his message to be? And if that message was love one another with pure love, how would it be greater expressed?

Something that didn't include human sacrifice or eternal damnation? It's all good though, if you're happy with your beliefs, I'm happy for you. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Ha ha, I just thought ...?
I am by no means certain there is no "god". What I'm profoundly confident in is the incredible odds against any of the human religions being correct. Please go back and read the text of the attachment in the original post and then tell me again that I'm ignorant to find it *highly* unlikely.
Blues,
Dave***

Since you are obviously ignorant about what you are attacking, based on the text of your attachment. Wouldn't it be a much more productive use of your "wisdom" to discuss issues you understand rather than vent your rage on issues you are clueless about.

Since you are obviously ignorant about what you are attacking, based on the text of your attachment. Wouldn't it be a much more productive use of your "wisdom" to discuss issues you understand rather than vent your rage on issues you are clueless about.

Ok i am not by any means going to get into a debate over this BUT
this is a little odd. FAITH by definition is based on a lack of understanding, a lack of empirical evidence. so anyone discussing the faith or attributions of it are working from a point of not understanding how/what/why etc... that's why it is called FAITH, and not science
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"FAITH by definition is based on a lack of understanding"

I dont think that is an accurate statement at all. In fact, I would say it is exactly the opposite. Faith is based on understanding. We arent going to deny that faith is blind, but its what we have faith in that provides our understanding of spirituality. In fact, that is what Jesus is all about...to give us the understanding so as to increase our faith, and an increase of faith with understanding provides a wealth of spiritual enlightenment.

this is a little odd. FAITH by definition is based on a lack of understanding, a lack of empirical evidence. so anyone discussing the faith or attributions of it are working from a point of not understanding how/what/why etc... that's why it is called FAITH, and not science.***

Faith simply provides a means of acquiring knowledge. We all use it every day to construct our realities. Faith by itself is worthless. If the object of faith is true, it will produce beneficial results. If the object is false the exercise will produce harmful consequences. As the Bible says the proof of a mans faith is in the fruit it produces.

Blues,
Dave

Oh man, I love the good old "just to be sure" excuse. If there really should be a god (and there istn't), he'll kick your ass before mine (and I am an atheist)...

this is a little odd. FAITH by definition is based on a lack of understanding, a lack of empirical evidence. so anyone discussing the faith or attributions of it are working from a point of not understanding how/what/why etc... that's why it is called FAITH, and not science.***

Faith simply provides a means of acquiring knowledge. We all use it every day to construct our realities. Faith by itself is worthless. If the object of faith is true, it will produce beneficial results. If the object is false the exercise will produce harmful consequences. As the Bible says the proof of a mans faith is in the fruit it produces.

how can you gain knowledge through faith? in terms of religion i mean, dont give me examples of having faith in flying thus the airplane was invented.

Oh man, I love the good old "just to be sure" excuse. If there really should be a god (and there istn't), he'll kick your ass before mine (and I am an atheist)...

I guess you didnt get the point. I am not a just to be sure believer. There is a heart to a man who has remorse for the things he has done. Mocking the only true forgiveness for that remorse is heartless, and no means hilarious. Its like spitting in the face of someone who just saved your life. Daves' post expresses his character, as does all of ours...yours included. I think its fair to say that whatever posts come in response to his thread, he brought them on himself.

FAITH by definition is based on a lack of understanding, a lack of empirical evidence. so anyone discussing the faith or attributions of it are working from a point of not understanding how/what/why etc... that's why it is called FAITH, and not science

Now now, stop that... you're clouding the issue with facts:D.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."