mnealtx

Government spending

...and asks another question.

With great confidence, to boot.

Confidence of what??? I think he is confident that he is not going to talk about an argument that he is wrong about.:P Some people are not very good at being wrong.:S

...and asks another question.

With great confidence, to boot.

Confidence of what??? I think he is confident that he is not going to talk about an argument that he is wrong about.:P Some people are not very good at being wrong.:S

A quote from Sun Young Moon's Washington Times is NOT proof that my assertion was incorrect. Not only is the source unreliable, it didn't even address the point I made.

Consequently there's no need for me to disprove anything he wrote.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Relax, he always acts that way.

Never answers questions, only dodges and asks another question.

I'm still waiting for your apology for calling me a liar about a skydiving team I was on. The FALSE accusation you made just before being banned last year.

So why wont you prove him wrong?????

Generally speaking, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

If you tell me you've seen a UFO, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to prove that you didn't.

If that's the case, then Kallend needs to support his claim that taking away the welfare programs will result in people dying of starvation in the streets. I'll wait to see the studies to support that claim.

So you are saying that the washington times does not represnt you????????????????? That whould be a oximoron................might as well say that the New York times Does Not represent you ........................please i believe my dog more than you now.

Do us a favor (actually just follow the rules of the web site) and don't use more than one account in an attempt to get around bans.

You can take a rest on this account now.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If you tell me you've seen a UFO, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to prove that you didn't.

If that's the case, then Kallend needs to support his claim that taking away the welfare programs will result in people dying of starvation in the streets. I'll wait to see the studies to support that claim.

Is your charity going to support them? In case you hadn't noticed, we are exporting our jobs overseas at an increasing rate (something the Bush administration approves of, see Economic Report of the President, 2004) and unemployment is rising. Pretty naive to assume that a job is automatically available to anyone that wants one.

It's also pretty lame to blame welfare and welfare cheats for our economic woes. Welfare existed BEFORE the huge surge in government spending under Bush. (Or are you claiming Bush is responsible for a sudden and undocumented rise in cheating?)

Is your charity going to support them? In case you hadn't noticed, we are exporting our jobs overseas at an increasing rate (something the Bush administration approves of, see Economic Report of the President, 2004) and unemployment is rising. Pretty naive to assume that a job is automatically available to anyone that wants one.

It's also pretty lame to blame welfare and welfare cheats for our economic woes. Welfare existed BEFORE the huge surge in government spending under Bush. (Or are you claiming Bush is responsible for a sudden and undocumented rise in cheating?)

2nd request - Please post cite to support your claim. ;)

But, unlike you, I will continue with the discussion. I guess my point is made. I am going to assume you are a taxpayer. With that, we have very differing opinions on how OUR taxes should be spent. Who decides?

To discuss your points - (1) We didn't start exporting jobs when Bush came into office. It had been happening for some time - it just may not have affected you yet though. So now that it does affect you, you want to gripe about it - fair enough. (2) I never said anything about jobs being automatically available to anyone - please show where that came from. (3) I did not blame anything on welfare. I simply stated that I thought it was an area of government spending that should not exist. And, not sure where you got the whole "welfare cheats" from - I never said that, nor implied it. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Not only is the source unreliable,...

Out of curiosity, which sources do you consider reliable?

Media that do not have a record of fabricating stories.

2nd request - Please post cite to support your claim. ;)

Unlike YOU (post 46, this thread) I didn't claim there were any studies.

(You wrote "There have been studies performed regarding money and education. They threw all kinds of money at some school districts for something like 15 years to see if that helped (test scores, rates of graduation, etc) and it had no effect." BUT you were UNABLE to support your claim.:P
The experiment on stopping welfare to see if anyone starves hasn't been done yet, because it's stupid and irresponsible, like your suggestion.

But, unlike you, I will continue with the discussion. I guess my point is made. I am going to assume you are a taxpayer. With that, we have very differing opinions on how OUR taxes should be spent. Who decides?

To discuss your points - (1) We didn't start exporting jobs when Bush came into office. It had been happening for some time - it just may not have affected you yet though.

Which previous president's Economic Report claimed it was good for the US?

So now that it does affect you, you want to gripe about it - fair enough.

It doesn't affect me other than I think it poor economic policy for the nation - your premise is incorrect.

(2) I never said anything about jobs being automatically available to anyone - please show where that came from.

You advocate no welfare, but don't think everyone can get a job. Please inform us how those unable to work will be able to afford food and shelter.

(3) I did not blame anything on welfare. I simply stated that I thought it was an area of government spending that should not exist. And, not sure where you got the whole "welfare cheats" from - I never said that, nor implied it. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

JohnDeere did. Not all my responses are for your eyes alone:P And there was a very strong implication when YOU wrote: "Every single person I spoke with was more than capable to work. Most of them didn't want to. "

Media that do not have a record of fabricating stories.

Any specific ones that you trust?

PBS and the BBC come to mind. I don't even think FOX fabricates stuff, although it is not exactly "fair and balanced". The NYT is honest, but has its own slant too. We KNOW the Washington Times has fabricated stuff.

All media have put out things that turned out to be incorrect. The honest ones publish a correction.

PBS and the BBC come to mind. I don't even think FOX fabricates stuff, although it is not exactly "fair and balanced". The NYT is honest, but has its own slant too. We KNOW the Washington Times has fabricated stuff.

PBS and BBS are good.
FOX is heavily biased.
So is NYT.
Don't know about Washingon Times.

All media have put out things that turned out to be incorrect. The honest ones publish a correction.

That seems like a fair measure.

What do you think of these sources?
http://www.bloomberg.com/index.html?Intro=intro3
http://www.strategypage.com/
http://www.economist.com/index.html
http://www.marketwatch.com/
http://www.reuters.com/
We are all engines of karma

Hey, Mike,

Did you know that the rate of growth in government spending under Reagan averaged over 10% per year, under Bush Jr. it increased on average 7.8% per year, but under Clinton it was only 3.7% per year?

Both Reagan and the two Bushes increased government spending at a rate comfortably exceeding the rate of inflation.

Data from US Government Printing Office.

PBS and BBS are good.
FOX is heavily biased.
So is NYT.
Don't know about Washingon Times.

That seems like a fair measure.

What do you think of these sources?
http://www.bloomberg.com/index.html?Intro=intro3
http://www.strategypage.com/
http://www.economist.com/index.html
http://www.marketwatch.com/
http://www.reuters.com/

Strategy Page:)
According to The Strategy Page (Feb 16, 2007),

"Iran ... does not have the technical expertise to produce high tech things like .50 caliber sniper rifles".

On the other hand we're really concerned that Iran is just a couple of years away from making its own nuke.

Yes, Strategy Page has it together.:S

Hey, Mike,

Did you know that the rate of growth in government spending under Reagan averaged over 10% per year, under Bush Jr. it increased on average 7.8% per year, but under Clinton it was only 3.7% per year?

Both Reagan and the two Bushes increased government spending at a rate comfortably exceeding the rate of inflation.

I don't recall ever saying they haven't, John - in fact, it's pretty much a constant point of mine that *BOTH* sides of the aisle in Congress are out of control in regards to spending - the difference is that I admit it, whereas you keep trying to bring that point up over and over again trying to show it's ALL the fault of the Republicans.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Most people don't seem to realize the economic policy is really set through Congress, not the executive branch.

Please explain it to me.
What do you mean by "economic policy"?
Are you referring to Congress' role in authorizing and appropriating or something else?
Where do you see the PBR, OMB, & the FRB fitting into US economic policy?
Thank you.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Hey, Mike,

I don't recall ever saying they haven't, John - in fact, it's pretty much a constant point of mine that *BOTH* sides of the aisle in Congress are out of control in regards to spending - the difference is that I admit it, whereas you keep trying to bring that point up over and over again trying to show it's ALL the fault of the Republicans.

That's an unsupported claim you make because YOUR side is in actuality far worse than the Dems and you can't bring yourself to admit it. Every GOP adminstration since 1976 has raised spending faster than every Dem administration, and way faster than the rate of inflation. The highest ever number of 'earmarks' came under a GOP president and a GOP Congress.

The GOP is the heavyweight champion of spending.