mnealtx

Government spending

I said no such, there is a difference between a liar and someone that lies. Liars tend to be more compulsive. I thought someone that was as smart as you would understand that.:S

I'm smart enough to use Webster:

Liar
Main Entry: li·ar
Pronunciation: \ˈlī(-ə)r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lēogere, from lēogan to lie — more at lie
Date: before 12th century
: a person who tells lies

Nothing there about compulsiveness. Seems you are wrong yet again.

I suggest you withdraw your accusation.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A lie is a type of deception in the form of an untruthful statement with the intention to deceive, often with the further intention to maintain a secret or reputation, to protect someone's feelings from getting hurt, or to avoid punishment. To lie is to state something one believes is false with the intention that it be taken for the truth by someone else. A liar is a person who is lying, who has previously lied, or who tends by nature to lie repeatedly
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Noun: liar lIu(r)
A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly
- prevaricator
Sounds like: lyre

Derived forms: liars

See also: lie[2]

Type of: beguiler, cheat, cheater, deceiver, slicker, trickster

Antonym: square shooter

Encyclopedia: Liar Liar, lunatic, or Lord Liar, Liar

Try more thn just one source next time:S Just cuase you didnt find it at one place does not mean it is wrong. That is like talking to Al Gore about global worming and not fact checking his lies and taking them for fact..... oh did you do that to?????:|:|:|:|

Ha ha. Bush talks a good talk against earmarks too.

mccain isn't bush. mccain doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk.

That's what you guys said about Bush 8 years ago. Turned out he lied about almost everything. I have no confidence that McCain will be any different.

unlike bush, mccain has a senate record that can be checked. you don't have to believe anything he says, you can look at what he has actually done. don't believe me, look for yourself at how much money in earmarks he has asked for for arizona. you can try to take this debate a different direction if you want, but i'm not going to follow you right now. my first post in this thread was a direct response to pork spending mentioned by the op and that is what i'm taking about here. if you care to respond to me concerning that, please do but stop wasting my time you your ever-present bush-bashing. it got old several years ago.

So you agree with me about Bush, but just don't like reading it. That's cool. Shows admirable progress.

exactly where do you see that i agree with you about bush?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Ha ha. Bush talks a good talk against earmarks too.

mccain isn't bush. mccain doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk.

That's what you guys said about Bush 8 years ago. Turned out he lied about almost everything. I have no confidence that McCain will be any different.

unlike bush, mccain has a senate record that can be checked. you don't have to believe anything he says, you can look at what he has actually done. don't believe me, look for yourself at how much money in earmarks he has asked for for arizona. you can try to take this debate a different direction if you want, but i'm not going to follow you right now. my first post in this thread was a direct response to pork spending mentioned by the op and that is what i'm taking about here. if you care to respond to me concerning that, please do but stop wasting my time you your ever-present bush-bashing. it got old several years ago.

So you agree with me about Bush, but just don't like reading it. That's cool. Shows admirable progress.

exactly where do you see that i agree with you about bush?

You wrote:

"mccain isn't bush. mccain doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk".

Now, elementary logic suggests you think that Bush "talks the talk" but doesn't "walk the walk". That was easy.;)

Do you think Scott McClellan was lying about Bush?

you have a deep hatred towards bush and you think everything he says is a lie and everything he does is wrong. i do not agree with you about bush. he's far from perfect, but i don't believe he's the evil villain you think he is. as far as scott mcclellan, i'm reserving my judgement for a while. there will be more people from this administration talking and writing books about what really went on. we'll see what the consensus says. if they agree with mclellan, i'll have no problem admitting i was wrong, but at least i won't have lived the last eight years filled with hate.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

- prevaricator

Try more thn just one source next time:S Just cuase you didnt find it at one place does not mean it is wrong. That is like talking to Al Gore about global warming and not fact checking his lies and taking them for fact..... oh did you do that to?????:|:|:|:|

What no reply??? You could atleast tell me how bad i spell why i am proving you wrong.

Poor people dying of starvation in the streets would be better, right?

What's really sad is people not taking responsibility for themselves and their families. It's really sad to see generation after generation on welfare of some sort. These programs do more to keep people down than they help. Sometimes people need that push (not having the safety net) to motivate them to be reliant on themselves and not the government.

I don't know how many homeless or down on their luck people you've spoken with, but I've done my share. Every single person I spoke with was more than capable to work. Most of them didn't want to. They made more money begging - and they didn't have to be accountable to anyone else. They enjoyed that freedom more than the weekly paycheck.

2nd request: Please post a cite to these alleged studies.

I don't have a cite for the study - so it must not have happened. You can go on ignoring the rest of the post now.

- prevaricator

Try more thn just one source next time:S Just cuase you didnt find it at one place does not mean it is wrong. That is like talking to Al Gore about global warming and not fact checking his lies and taking them for fact..... oh did you do that to?????:|:|:|:|

What no reply??? You could atleast tell me how bad i spell why i am proving you wrong.

The only thing you've proved is that you can't spell. Apparently you can't even understand dictionary definitions. You might want to look up "Prove", since you keep mis-using it.

Have a nice day.

What's really sad is people not taking responsibility for themselves and their families. It's really sad to see generation after generation on welfare of some sort. These programs do more to keep people down than they help. Sometimes people need that push (not having the safety net) to motivate them to be reliant on themselves and not the government.

I don't know how many homeless or down on their luck people you've spoken with, but I've done my share. Every single person I spoke with was more than capable to work. Most of them didn't want to. They made more money begging - and they didn't have to be accountable to anyone else. They enjoyed that freedom more than the weekly paycheck.

I don't have a cite for the study - so it must not have happened. You can go on ignoring the rest of the post now.

I figured as much.;)

The only thing you've proved is that you can't spell. Apparently you can't even understand dictionary definitions. You might want to look up "Prove", since you keep mis-using it.

Have a nice day.

So how am i mis understanding that definition????

And i very much understand the definition of prove, cause i have proved you wrong sereral times now.

To think you are getting schooled by a dumb old redneck that cant spell. Damn and how much did you spend on that education????? I really dont think that it is all your fault. I mean i am sure you where indoctornated by an ignorant liberal proffesor when you were in school.

I figured as much.;)

Of course you are using the same old argument you always use "prove it' Then when I/someone else does "you cant spell and your grammer is bad" :S:S

Here is the info on a study about welfare so you can quit asking for proof http://www.ncpa.org/pi/welfare/wel13.htm

Oh wait are you wrong agian????? Im sorry :D:D

Poverty and Social Ills
The theory that poverty breeds crime, illegitimacy, drug use and a host of other social problems has led to giving the poor more money through welfare programs in the belief that the problems will go away.

But the results of the massive American welfare experiment in the last third of the 20th Century indicate this belief is mistaken:

In the 1920s, roughly half the population was poor by today's standards -- declining to a still-impressive one-third of the population by 1950.

Yet crime, family break-up, drug-addiction and most other social problems were nowhere near the levels they are today.
Both history and common sense show that the values within families are a more important determinant of children's achievement than family income. Welfare, on the other hand, also has behavioral side effects: it engenders dependence and illegitimacy, both injurious to children's development. For example:

Among the nearly five million families currently receiving benefits under the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program, the lifetime total of time spent on welfare will average nearly 13 years.

A 1994 report by current Congressional Budget Office director June O'Neill shows that increasing the time a child spends on welfare may reduce the child's IQ by as much as 20 percent.
Researchers are coming to the conclusion that government policies themselves are responsible for undermining the moral foundations of inner cities, toppling marriage, gutting the work ethic and leaving a rubble of social pathology in their wake.

By rewarding mothers for having more children out of wedlock, welfare plays a powerful role in promoting illegitimacy.

Being born outside of marriage and raised in a single-parent home triples the level of behavioral and emotional problems among children.

Further, it nearly triples the level of teen sexual activity; doubles the probability a young woman will have children out of wedlock; and doubles the probability a boy will engage in criminal activity and wind up in jail.
Source: Robert Rector (Heritage Foundation), "Welfare Reforms on the Sidelines," Washington Times, May 31, 1996.

Recipients Agree on Welfare's Dangers Growing numbers of studies confirm that illegitimacy is directly linked to poverty among children, crime, poor education, unemployment and second-generation welfare. Experts do not find these causal relationships surprising.

What is surprising, however, is that welfare recipients are more convinced than most of the rest of Americans that illegitimacy proceeding from welfare is a very serious problem.

Children in the households of never-married women are about eight times more likely to grow up in households with incomes below the poverty line.

Today, one out of every three children in America is born without a legal father.
In a recent survey, the Public Agenda Foundation put to welfare recipients and members of the general public the statement:

"Welfare encourages teen-agers to have kids out of wedlock." They were then asked whether they thought the problem was (1) "very serious," (2) "somewhat serious," (3) "not too serious" or (4) "not serious at all."

Some 64 percent of the welfare recipients thought the problem was "very serious" -- compared to 60 percent of the general public.

To the statement, "The system undermines the work ethic and encourages people to be lazy," 57 percent of the public and 62 percent of welfare recipients thought the problem "very serious."

And 67 percent of welfare recipients rated very serious the problem: "People cheat and commit fraud to get welfare benefits," compared to 64 percent of the general public.
Additional research from the University of Pennsylvania has established that among young, poor women, a 10 percent rise in cash welfare benefits yields a 12 percent rise in illegitimate births.

Source: Ben Wattenberg, "Welfare As Seen By Those who Know," Washington Times, July 18,

I dont get you, you are acting like a little boy. My oldest duaghter takes responcability for here mistake better than you!!!!!!! I wonder why you wont challengeme on the FACTS that i have presented to prove you wrong. I this what is the be expected of someone that loves being right by just saying prove it and when one does prove it you change the subject and refuse to confront me with facts???? How sad "big mouth no proof" look i gave you a Idian name. fits well. Maybe you should stick to talking about rapid canopy down sizing for newbees , so you can keep saying prove it over and over knowing there are no actual good statistics to prove it with.:S:S So sad!

I dont get you, you are acting like a little boy. My oldest duaghter takes responcability for here mistake better than you!!!!!!! I wonder why you wont challengeme on the FACTS that i have presented to prove you wrong. I this what is the be expected of someone that loves being right by just saying prove it and when one does prove it you change the subject and refuse to confront me with facts???? How sad "big mouth no proof" look i gave you a Idian name. fits well. Maybe you should stick to talking about rapid canopy down sizing for newbees , so you can keep saying prove it over and over knowing there are no actual good statistics to prove it with.:S:S So sad!

And with that . . . you're done.

Enjoy a few day away from Speaker Corner. Relax, calm down, have a refreshing beverage.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So why wont you prove him wrong?????

Generally speaking, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

If you tell me you've seen a UFO, it's going to be nearly impossible for me to prove that you didn't.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It was a retorical question. I was trying to be nice about it. Johndeere provided a web add. to suport the statement of Thirdworld19. Also John proved the the definition of liar. I was trying to be nice while getting a reply out of Kallend on why he wont reply to those statements.

Republicans have to stop supporting the war and the military.

There's a reason the US Govt bond is considered "riskless" (i.e., the foundation for the world's financial markets). We have most of the aircraft carriers. It's that simple. Democrats don't understand that.
We are all engines of karma