banesanura

The devil uses T-Mobile

My blackberry is gone- please resend me #'s

Thanks!

I am here to rant about T-Mobile and their SHITTY customer service.

So- I get buy a new blackberry curve because I broke my original phone blackberry pearl and it wasn't insured.

Lesson learned: Get insurance

As I purchase my goods- I have to do the following:

1. Pay 340 dollars for the phone.
2. Renew my contract for another 2 years.
3. Pay 5 dollars for the insurance (which is added on to my phone bill.)

So I agree to all of the above and leave the store with my new black berry and less money in my bank account.

THE CRIME SCENE:
Then a cab driver drives away with my black berry because my DUMB ass lets him borrow it to make a phone call...

I call T-Moblie and do the following:

1. Find out who the cab driver called (turned out to be NO ONE- he set me up that fucker)
2. Hold the service until I can get a new phone
3. Find a location where I can pick up my brand new Insured phone.

T-mobile states I have no insurance-

That was impossible- I accepted the insurance as I had to pay full price for a phone!

They could do nothing as the purchase wasn't recorded-

Next day-

Furious- I decide to call the location where I bought it and find out why my insurance wasn't on there.

They told me- well sometimes we forget to add it on.

I was in shock- due to THEIR error I have to shit out another 300 dollars.

Then the idiot at the register says "well you could have checked your bill to see if it was insured"

I asked her how many days I have to add insurance on a cell phone.

14 days- upon new purchase

My bill cycles every 30- How the fuck would I catch it if it was THEIR ERROR!?!??!?!? Impossible!

OMg. I hate T-mobile. those fucks.

Lesson learned:
Downgrade my plan and learn to be more social in person. I have become too dependant on that thing and my social skills are being greatly affected.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

I think this belongs in the Bonfire.

:)
linz

NO! :)

Seriously, that sucks. I hated T-mobile when I had my Blackberry with them. But then, every pager I've had, I ordered over the internet or through an intermediary, never directly out of the store, so my experiences are different.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Since you didn't mind throwing your money away with T-Mobile in the first place, why not just port your number to a "real" carrier (like Verizon or AT&T)?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I am pretty much tired of being dependent on the thing. I am just going to use it when I have to.

Since none of my personal friends are skydivers- not having a phone with unlimited minutes will allow me to actually have conversation with others besides skydiving.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

Since you didn't mind throwing your money away with T-Mobile in the first place, why not just port your number to a "real" carrier (like Verizon or AT&T)?

Verizon sucks just as bad a costs more. >:(B|Never had AT&T
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I've been a Verizon customer for years and have never had any serious issues. My work cell is on AT&T and I think their network is garbage.
Make light!

I've been a Verizon customer for years and have never had any serious issues. My work cell is on AT&T and I think their network is garbage.

I've been with ATT/Cingular/ATT since I started with a cell phone (2004). I've rarely if ever had connectivity problems, but I've always had tri-band or quad-band phones, so that may make a difference as well in reception.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've been with ATT/Cingular/ATT since I started with a cell phone (2004). I've rarely if ever had connectivity problems, but I've always had tri-band or quad-band phones, so that may make a difference as well in reception.

My work cell is a Quad-band Blackberry. I like the device enough, but call completion is horrific, about one in three calls won't complete the first try. Plus, their EDGE data is pure @ss...

Verizon just deployed EVDO in my neck of the woods (somewhere between nowhere and somewhere else, nearest big city is Nashville, 70 miles away)...very fast.

One of my teammates has Sprint and can practically walk through pockets of their skeleton network it seems. :o:D:S
Make light!

My work cell is a Quad-band Blackberry. I like the device enough, but call completion is horrific, about one in three calls won't complete the first try. Plus, their EDGE data is pure @ss...

Verizon just deployed EVDO in my neck of the woods (somewhere between nowhere and somewhere else, nearest big city is Nashville, 70 miles away)...very fast.

One of my teammates has Sprint and can practically walk through pockets of their skeleton network it seems. :o:D:S

That's interesting...I remember someone (on howardforums maybe? I can't recall WHERE) talking about data network availability affecting voice calls in a mixed media device like a blackberry or tilt. I'll search and see if I can find it again, but no guarantees.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's interesting...I remember someone (on howardforums maybe? I can't recall WHERE) talking about data network availability affecting voice calls in a mixed media device like a blackberry or tilt. I'll search and see if I can find it again, but no guarantees.

Oh, I know what the issue is, it's that GSM has a fraction of the capacity of CDMA. AT&T/Cingular/AT&T has had the problem for 10 years.

Back in 1999, when AT&T introduced their "One-Rate", they added about 1M customers in three months. Killed the network. Back then, they were on an older cousin of GSM called TDMA.

AT&T is in the same boat again with the iPhone. They weren't ready.
Make light!

Hello,

I have collected a number of backup BlackBerries over the years -- A 7290 and two 8700's. All of them use SIM cards so they all work interchangeably with the same phone number by moving a SIM card between them. Some of these can be obtained really cheap from used cellphone stores. So if my BlackBerry gets lost or broken, I always have some backups I can use. I've broken units before, and at least one come in handy.

Even a lowly old color-model BlackBerry bought off eBay for about $50, serves as a good backup -- just get a new replacement SIM card and slap it in, you're back in the running!

Also, if your BlackBerry is a Curve 8310, it can be tracked remotely, it has built-in GPS. You can install special background software on that BlackBerry that can be remotely activated by email, and boom -- your taxi driver is being covertly tracked as a dot on a map from any Internet-connected computer. Get the police chasing after him. ;) Stuff such as FlexiSPY or other software for BlackBerry. This may be overkill for some, but at least you have this option if you'd like to do that.

There were major call disconnection problems with the BlackBerry 8830 World Phone that were solved by a firmware upgrade, get the latest 8830 OS upgrade and install it via BlackBerry Desktop. Much better telephone quality with the latest BlackBerry OS firmware. (Version 4.2.2.365 or later -- download here from blackberry.com)

Just so that everyone knows, mdrejhon is a moderator on the blackberry forums. He is as knowledgable as anyone on these gadgets. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Buying cell phone insurance is one of the most worthless things one could do.

I have worked for a local cell phone company (named MetroPCS) and have had endless number of complaints there about the insurance.
You said that the insurance is $5/month added to your bill. If you haven’t paid a bill yet, you won’t have insurance because you haven’t paid for it yet.

The reprehensive forgot to add the insurance to your plan. Well, if you haven’t known that yet, a typical cell phone sales rep. is an @ss to the core (not all of them, Just 99.999% of them ONLY). Selling the phone is the only thing they care about because that’s how they get paid. They are not interested in doing anything else.

Even if you had insurance, you still have to pay 50% of your phone price deductible. If your phone was stolen, like in your case, you will have to get a police report about this incident. Your new phone will be refurbished and you may recieve it by the time the new president is in office.

I hated selling cell phones more than my ex-wife :S>:(B|

Hope things work out with you

-Amer:)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

Hey Mdrejohn- can you hook it up with a bb?

Hook what up with a BB?

If you are tight in money, you can use prepaid on a BlackBerry. Pull the SIM card out of your prepaid phone, and plug it into the BlackBerry. No email, no web, just SMS text messaging and phone calls. Just pure QWERTY organizer goodness and texting.

There are plenty of good suitable unlocked BlackBerry models available off eBay, such as 8700's for approx $100, Curve 8300 original's for $300, or older 7290's for less than $50. Be careful to buy from reputable sellers who have regularly sold BlackBerries to previous happy customers, as 'hot' corporate BlackBerries are rather nasty in their security locks.

You can always add BlackBerry service later.

Its not the contract that is getting me-

Its the phone-

Problem is- I keep losing them since my last one was SUPPOSED to have insurance on it- and it was never put on... I just quit buying them.

I've spent close to 1000 this year just on black berries.

No more- I don't want to piss out another 350 bucks for a new one.

I downgraded my plan from blackberry unlimited service to no internet- cut off all my minutes etc.

Now I have to use my cell phone just as a phone. No more internet goodness. [:/]

Best Girl Scout Ever.

Its the phone-

Problem is- I keep losing them since my last one was SUPPOSED to have insurance on it- and it was never put on... I just quit buying them.

I downgraded my plan from blackberry unlimited service to no internet- cut off all my minutes etc.

Now I have to use my cell phone just as a phone. No more internet goodness. [:/]

You can use BlackBerry with Internet disabled (i.e. BlackBerry on a cheap $20 voice plan, no data). The QWERTY keyboard is still good for texting, even if email is disabled.

Also, you can buy 5 BlackBerries for $500 off eBay, such as old 8700g's or 7130c's. When a BlackBerry is lost, just get the SIM blocked, and switch to the next BlackBerry. ;)

Its the phone-

PM me your addy...I have a few old BB hanging around here.
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com