Boycott the new Indiana Jones movie

My bad... must be thinking of some other crap films - sorry :$

:PJerremy Irons in Lion King... he said clutching at straws

Uncle Scar? I'm pretty sure the cat was African, not English. ;)

Here are a couple of straws though:
Braveheart
The Patriot
(What does drunk Mel have against englishmen anyway...)

My guess? To the big american movie audience, english accents imply intelligence. Smart villains make good villains.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

Who? The Russians?? Aw fuck 'em.

Thank you. You're definitely making a good example of why so many people around the world are so concerned about America and Americans.

I don't remember them complaining about the Rambo movies. Did they?

Yes. In fact, 2nd and 3rd parts of "Rambo" was banned from USSR.
And the reason you don't "remember" it is probably that nobody wrote about it on dropzone.com :P

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Why not? That is a similar attitude towards America these days.

Well, I could now say that it is somehow justified.

It's a damn movie, get over it.

I'm not commenting the movie itself, it's not worth it.
I'm commenting the "who? they don't like it? fuck them" attitude shown by some fellow skydivers.
If you don't respect others, you should not expect any respect either.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

I totally agree with you but like I said it's a movie and people shouldn't get their panties all wadded up. I respect almost every skydiver I have ever met. If they don't like something that I am doing (this excludes unsafe acts) fuck 'em. I don't need their approval if I want to write a song about killing the poor or kickin’ commie ass. Make sense. It's not so much of a fuck you as it's a “who the fuck cares?”
EFS Bra! (cuz that’s what really matters)
~El Josh AKA Ruby
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.

So . . . . Red Dawn. I assume that is a bad movie too? :P

Yes that is/was a VERY VERY Bad movie>:(>:(
CRAP actually :P

This from the guys who sent us "Mad Max".:P:P:P
We didnt send ya NUFFIN Mel the jew hater is a Yank, he was merely living in OZ when he filmed that...Wasn't it called "the Road Warrior" there in the USofA

:)
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

I totally agree with you but like I said it's a movie and people shouldn't get their panties all wadded up.

Well, it could be said this way - it's just a movie, and they shouldn't care because I don't care. Then I don't understand all the fuss about Qur'an shooting - after all, it's just a book, and I don't care about it. Same if someone peed on crucifix, and uploaded it to the Internet - that's just a movie, right?

I respect almost every skydiver I have ever met. If they don't like something that I am doing (this excludes unsafe acts) fuck 'em.

Thus you're only respecting those skydivers who like everything you're doing (otherwise fuck 'em).

Thus you're only respecting those skydivers who like everything you're doing (otherwise fuck 'em).

No because there are skydivers that I do respect and actually spend a lot of my free time with. ie dining out, drinking... I don't agree with what they may be doing in their life, their religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, ect. I don't really care one way or another.

Well, it could be said this way - it's just a movie, and they shouldn't care because I don't care. Then I don't understand all the fuss about Qur'an shooting - after all, it's just a book, and I don't care about it. Same if someone peed on crucifix, and uploaded it to the Internet - that's just a movie, right?

couldn't have said it better myself really. It's like the whole TX poligemy deal, Waco, ect. These people were different and the masses went after them. I thought witch hunts ended after Salem.
~El Josh AKA Ruby
DS #149

I'm commenting the "who? they don't like it? fuck them" attitude shown by some fellow skydivers.

You have to consider the movie. Having just seen it, it's a jump the shark end to a proud franchise, and any attention paid to it on these grounds only enhances it, for otherwise it would disappear into the same cultural oblivion as the Phantom Menace. Red Dawn, otoh, will live forever in the collection of Cold War films.

So yeah, fuck any commies who think that there is anything to complain about here. Have you seen it, or are you talking out your ass too?

You have to consider the movie. Having just seen it, it's a jump the shark end to a proud franchise, and any attention paid to it on these grounds only enhances it, for otherwise it would disappear into the same cultural oblivion as the Phantom Menace. Red Dawn, otoh, will live forever in the collection of Cold War films.

So yeah, fuck any commies who think that there is anything to complain about here. Have you seen it, or are you talking out your ass too?

+1
Thank you
Does this mean that I respect you?:P
~El Josh AKA Ruby
DS #149

:)

Umm you cant blame Romper room on us the Dick muncher is a KIWI:D:D

Unfortunately, Croc dundee is ours[:/][:/]

It was a MUCH bigger hit in the USofA than here though...they entertain easily over there:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Did any Germans boycott the other flicks because it painted Nazis as power hungry and evil?

I wonder if Andreyev made those comments while standing at a podium and beating his shoe on it.

I haven't heard any stories about Indiana Jones poisoning anyone with Rycin either.

Or Polonium 210 either

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Oh come on! That was so incredibly, . . . uh, . . . moving. That's it. It was incredibly moving when the Cuban Communist Advisor Mercenary guy let the 1 brave young patriot haul away his dying brave young patriot brother. You could just see how he saw so much of himself as a young political idealist and how it just caused him so much internal turmoil; to the point of causing him to ponder not only his own roll, but the grand issue of what any of them really stood for other than the freedom to act out for their cause.

Yeah, crap.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

This from the guys who sent us "Mad Max".:P:P:P

Another classic. Especially the scenes (all of them) that feature people staring forlornly across open spans of desert. Very moving.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Red Dawn. The only chick flick war movie I can recall; unless you count that unfunny comedic one with Goldie Hawn.

Red Dawn. The only chick flick war movie I can recall; unless you count that unfunny comedic one with Goldie Hawn.

Private Benjamin? I won't watch it again.

Stripes, on the other hand, hellz yeah! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You have to consider the movie.

No, it is not necessary. You could call the act of shooting the Quaran by a army soldier stupid even if you don't consider Quaran itself. I could call burning the Bibles by Israeli religious orthodox stupid as well - even though I think the Bible is just full of crap.

You have to consider the movie.

No, it is not necessary. You could call the act of shooting the Quaran by a army soldier stupid even if you don't consider Quaran itself. I could call burning the Bibles by Israeli religious orthodox stupid as well - even though I think the Bible is just full of crap.

You equate a baked over 3rd sequel on par with the religious texts followed by billions of people?

You equate a baked over 3rd sequel on par with the religious texts followed by billions of people?

What difference for me should it make how many people follow those texts if I don't give shit about 'em?