Hayfield

Douche bag hypocrite!

When Bush first ran for president in 2000, he criticized the Clinton administration for high fuel prices and said the president must "jawbone" oil producing nations and persuade them to drop rates. At that time, oil was nearing $28 a barrel. The run-up of oil prices lately has been dramatic. (Excerpt from news article)

Now jump tickets are more expensive!!!
Why hasn't this asshole been impeached already?
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

Where was that gem of knowledge in 2000? Oh, I forgot about Bush Republican laws 1-3: (1) Repeat "facts" until people think it's true; (2) wait at least 3 months before reversing your position so the public will forget what you said; (3) If called on your bullshit by the media declare the media biased against you.
P.S. Hillary sucks too.
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

P.S. Hillary sucks too.

Is there a blue dress out there somewhere with evidence of that???

Hillary sucking a cross-dresser? :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Um.. Billy Dear....

Think Monica....

Think Blue dress....

Come on now I know you can do it..

Maybe I didn't word it right... :S

Hell, who in their right mind would want Hillary to suck them? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think Bush has done a great job on energy, but I also think that the primary reason gas prices are going up is that demand is going up and oil supplies are running low. Had we had a more progressive president in terms of energy we might have delayed this point by a few years, or slowed the increase in price, but in the end it would have gone up anyway.

I don't think Bush has done a great job on energy, but I also think that the primary reason gas prices are going up is that demand is going up and oil supplies are running low. Had we had a more progressive president in terms of energy we might have delayed this point by a few years, or slowed the increase in price, but in the end it would have gone up anyway.

True. And the low value of the US dollar is also adding to the problem which Bush is partly responsible for.

Partially responsible how? Just because he started needless wars, borrowed billions of dollars to fund it and printed whatever he didn't have. How could that affect the value of the dollar!?!?:ph34r:B|[:/]

I don't think the president should have anything to do with the value of gasoline...but he does have an affect of the value of the US Dollar that you use to purchase such gasoline.

the president can't be expected to have much of an impact on oil prices.

He could always, ya know, not start unnecessary wars and shit.

And here we all thought that war stimulated the economy...:|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What I've found interesting as well (to me at least) has been the rising price of U3O8 (uranium 'yellowcake'). Between 2005 & end of 2007, it rose much more steeply in price than oil or natural gas. There has been a recent decline, but it remains well above oil in rate of price increase.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

And here we all thought that war stimulated the economy...

I would say those in the NEO CON camp have been ahd THEIR economics stimulated quite well by Mr Bushes excellent little adventure in Iraq.

I suppose you could say that...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When Bush first ran for president in 2000, he criticized the Clinton administration for high fuel prices and said the president must "jawbone" oil producing nations and persuade them to drop rates. At that time, oil was nearing $28 a barrel. The run-up of oil prices lately has been dramatic. (Excerpt from news article)

Now jump tickets are more expensive!!!

3% inflation over 8 years is 26% - turning a $20 ticket into a $25 one. Isn't that about what we've seen?

You got into a rage about the price of candy bars too? Remember when they went from a quarter at the liquor store to 30 or 35 cents?

Once again, you can't impeach the President for doing a crappy job. It's not the same as a recall.

What I've found interesting as well (to me at least) has been the rising price of U3O8 (uranium 'yellowcake'). Between 2005 & end of 2007, it rose much more steeply in price than oil or natural gas. There has been a recent decline, but it remains well above oil in rate of price increase.

Fortune Magazine has started covering this market more - I think a casual summary would suggest there was a bit of a bubble on top of rapidly increasing demand outside of the US, with questions if the shortage was real. Particular interest in a Khazack that is talking a huge game that he may or may not back up.

No but you can impeach a president for violating the Constitution and committing war crimes. We didn't buy him, we hired him and I wish we could just fire him and open a help wanted ad :ph34r:

Edit to add, only 248 days 8hrs and 41min to go!

>And here we all thought that war stimulated the economy...

It does through military spending. That's the classic "increase taxes, spend more on government contractors, give people jobs, they make more, so they pay more in taxes" angle. But there are limits to that, just as there are limits to "cut taxes to stimulate the economy" angle.

One thing our military does use a LOT of is oil. So purely in terms of oil demand (and subsequent price increases) wars drive oil prices up.

No but you can impeach a president for violating the Constitution and committing war crimes. We didn't buy him, we hired him and I wish we could just fire him and open a help wanted ad :ph34r:

yes, you could impeach for those. However, that wasn't in the words of the original poster, just whining about high priced jump tickets.

If Bush committed actual crimes rather than political ones, it falls on Congress to do something about it, something that Pelosi has declined to do, despite strong urgings from her constituites here in SF.

America had its change in 2004 to dump him, and choose not to. Hopefully the next guy will do better, or failing that, be replaced in 2012.