normiss

PLEASE taze me!!!

Daaaamn... I can understand if their frustration and stress level is way up after losing 3 of their own in the line of duty the past 2 years but THAT is fucking ridiculous. :S

I'm glad somebody got it on videotape.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've lost a number of friends over the last few years too...I'm not attacking anybody.
Bitch that killed my best friend received a massive sentence of 10 years probation...you see me on the news beating drunk strippers????
>:(
No matter how people try to defend cops ... the civilian population pays a higher price for mistakes in life, no matter which side of the law makes that mistake.

The line about the other officer’s death having any thing to do with it bull shit IMO. So for the last two years these guys have been pissed at work every day because two other police officers from the same city were killed?

Unfortunately they will get a slap on the hand and then let go.
We need a separate department that just deals with police misconduct. A department that takes complaints seriously and deals with them accordingly.

If you can’t do your job right then maybe the job is not for you. This is specially true when you have a job where one bad decision could harm or kill someone’s son or daughter.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

While I can't condone the officer's actions, as they are not above the law, I wonder would reaction be the same if it had been civilians exacting "street justice".

He said police officers saw the suspects fire shots, injuring three people standing on a street corner before fleeing in a vehicle.

Dirtbags with a careless disreguard for human life. Unfortunately the officer's actions began to slip into this realm as well.

After seeing the videotape, the mother of one of the men arrested said, "I just burst out and cried. I was appalled by it."

But not by your dirtbag son's actions? Get off your high horse lady.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I've lost a number of friends over the last few years too...I'm not attacking anybody.
Bitch that killed my best friend received a massive sentence of 10 years probation...

that would royally piss me off too.

No matter how people try to defend cops ... the civilian population pays a higher price for mistakes in life, no matter which side of the law makes that mistake.

So true.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Unfortunately they will get a slap on the hand and then let go.
We need a separate department that just deals with police misconduct. A department that takes complaints seriously and deals with them accordingly.

While I'm not saying the beaten suspects were innocent of what they were taken down for, I want to know why the police hid one of them to the point his own lawyer wasn't allowed to see him. That is just flat out wrong. I think they're trying to hide some obviously serious injuries.

While I can't condone the officer's actions, as they are not above the law, I wonder would reaction be the same if it had been civilians exacting "street justice".

the reaction should be the same - In fact, I consider this vigilantes exacting street justice, not cops doing anything at all. There was certainly nothing associated with police work in those videos.

they really screwed up - if cops can't do their jobs dispassionately enough to stay in control, they should pick different careers

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm very suspicious of the fact that the police "witnessed" a shooting by an occupant of the car....and yet no guns were found in the car or on the suspects arrested. Almost sounds like probable cause simply because the cops saw a car leave the area of the shooting.
While it does appear (at least at this point) these are not "fine, upstanding" citizens...they are most likely your standard inner city Philly citizens....at least for this neighborhood.
Inner city Philly aint a pretty place to live.

Philadelphia police are a little unorthodox! On May 13, 1985, the Philadelphia police helicopter dropped a bomb on a West Philadelphia row house, killing 11 occupants

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He said police officers saw the suspects fire shots, injuring three people standing on a street corner before fleeing in a vehicle.

Dirtbags with a careless disreguard for human life. Unfortunately the officer's actions began to slip into this realm as well.

After seeing the videotape, the mother of one of the men arrested said, "I just burst out and cried. I was appalled by it."

But not by your dirtbag son's actions? Get off your high horse lady.

So much for innocent untill proven guilty.

Philadelphia police are a little unorthodox! On May 13, 1985, the Philadelphia police helicopter dropped a bomb on a West Philadelphia row house, killing 11 occupants

Holy Shit! Really? I've never heard of police doing something that I thought only the military got to do. :S

dude! they almost burned down an entire neighborhood with that genius move!
BOOOM!

I vaguely remember a big confrontation in Philadelphia in that time frame, but not the bomb... wow...