lawrocket

Should the US Release Oil from the Strategic Reserve?

Bush the 1st was the first president to tap into the SOR in the 91 gulf war. Then never replaced what he took. Then along comes "Slick Willy" he gets into the SOR as well. Bush the 2nd, is no better. If he were in fact replacing stock in the SOR, why is the price still rising? F.E.A.R. is why. Don't let them blow smoke up your ass, ain't nobody replacing no stock in the SOR. By the way, did ya'll know that the USSR is now the world's largest oil producer in the world today? They passed up Saudi-Arabia day before yesterday. Saudi isn't so keen to get off of any oil or NG just now, because of the civil unrest in their part of the world right now.

It's all good though, i've wanted to be energy independendt for years. Now's the time.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Only a little off-topic:

I've deliberately slowed down my driving by about 5mph, whether in town or on the highway, over the past 6 weeks. It makes almost no difference to my journey times, a minute or two at most for my daily commute, maybe 5 minutes on my way to the DZ. I also try very hard to arrive at traffic lights when they are green (by anticipating their change cycle) so I minimize the need to brake. The effect on my gas mileage has been dramatic - an improvement of approx. 18%

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm like you. My wife tells me I drive "like an old man" I TRY to squeeze good mileage out.

Everyone - try kallend's method. You'd be amazed at what you can do with it.

Me too. It works. I'm up between 15 -20% and I can do better than that if I take advantage of the tractor trailers that I used to pass on the interstate. Keeping the tires inflated to the upper limits helps too.
And speaking of gas, I thought this was a good ad by the Obama campaign.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/gasprices1

> The Obama ad is great because it's the damned truth.

Unfortunately, few people want to hear truths like that. They want to hear about the quick fix, about the $1200 check the government will mail them. In this age of three second sound bites, even a 30 second commercial is going to be too much for most people to process.

You can say "tax cut" in 3 seconds. You can't say "reduce oil usage by expanding alternatives and increasing vehicle efficiencies; that will reduce prices long term" in 3 seconds.

"reduce oil usage by expanding alternatives and increasing vehicle efficiencies; that will reduce prices long term" in 3 seconds.

Shit man, I got bored and trailed off like halfway through reading that.....:ph34r:

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.