jsaxton

Will Bush go down in history as:

I doubt he'll go down as THE one who ruined the economy. He will be noted for coupling large tax cuts with large spending gains, far more than Reagan did to fight the USSR and the malaise of the 70s.

How he'll be remembered on the terrorism front will depend on how that works out in the next decade. He could instead be remembered much as Carter is for being unable to win with the hostage situation.

He will be noted for coupling large tax cuts with large spending gains,

true -

if you can't cut spending, then we lose the whole game

lots of things are ruining the economy - when will we lay the blame on pointless enviromental activism? that's a fun thread.

I'm still happy that the 'total social' cost of a corn tortilla is now reflected accurately. It's about time that "people who eat food" are paying for the damage they do.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Bush has ruined a lot more than the economy. He's ruined the respect America has long enjoyed from the rest of the world. He's alienated our friends and allies and has needlessly provoked the Middle East after ignoring its real issues. He's dangerously overburdened the ability of our military to effectively fight if any new trouble breaks out in the world. And at home he's trashed many of our basic rights and freedoms under the Constitution, while grabbing monarchical powers under his "Commander in Chief" theories. The guy's been nothing but a national and worldwide vandal.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Bush has ruined a lot more than the economy. He's ruined the respect America has long enjoyed from the rest of the world. He's alienated our friends and allies and has needlessly provoked the Middle East after ignoring its real issues. He's dangerously overburdened the ability of our military to effectively fight if any new trouble breaks out in the world. And at home he's trashed many of our basic rights and freedoms under the Constitution, while grabbing monarchical powers under his "Commander in Chief" theories. The guy's been nothing but a national and worldwide vandal.

I think the folks on the right were saying virtually the identical lines about Clinton in the last year of his term- respect, civil rights, hurting defense, vandal. It's all in your viewpoint.

I think the folks on the right were saying virtually the identical lines about Clinton in the last year of his term- respect, civil rights, hurting defense, vandal. It's all in your viewpoint.

True, but one of those is quantifiable and verifiable.

Yes- Clinton.

Can't talk history about a standing President.

I don't think he's that good.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't think he's that good.

I don't think so either, but I wrote this one off the cuff on a 10 minute break at work. I think Bush belongs right up there with James Buchanan, who let the southern states walk out, leaving the mess for Lincoln. Bush has already said he's doing the same with Iraq (oh, thank you Mr. President, thank you...).

The bigger problem is that even though Buchanan let the U.S. fracture and even if Lincoln had not been able to fix it, we still had the 19th century on our side. We'd have managed somehow. The world's become a lot more complicated since then, so I'd say Bush has done even more damage.

I knew way back in 1998, when Bush called a press conference to mock Carla Faye Tucker ("Oh, please don't kill me"- and that's a quote) that the guy was a fucking sicko and that we'd be in deep shit if he ever got near the White House. Of course our darkest fears are never quite as bad as the real thing, at least not with this fucktard.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

crappy president, will be swept under the rug by history.
But ill always give credit where its due. love him or hate him, he has killed a ton of terrorists!
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

But ill always give credit where its due. love him or hate him, he has killed a ton of terrorists!

Yes, he’s killed about 10 terrorists (2000 lbs / 200 lbs = 10). ;)

Bush has killed many people, terrorists included. But in terms of al Qaeda terrorists, it’s not clear how many have been killed. If anything, Bush’s actions have created more.

Have to go with the president who ruined the US economy and alot more.

This

The president who saved us from terrorism

I think he is the president who helped the terrorist achieve some of there goals.

Terrorism is about being afraid and living in fear. That is how he got elected.

I am sure the people who hate America and want us to suffer are not too upset that we are losing jobs, and our homes.

He has been bad all round. How do you take a record surplus and turn it in too a record debt.

What’s astonishing to me is the people who voted for him.

How do you vote for a guy who has had a silver spoon in his mouth and every opportunity handed to him and he still failed miserably. What did people expected?

Now go have a beer with him. :S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

What about the innocents? The 4000+ American Soldiers, the hundreds of thousands of regular Iraqi people who just happened to have been born there, while we were born over here. But they don't consider that important enough to count them. What about re-classifying how the dead Soldiers are counted? If they die on the way out of the country, or in a hospital out of the occupied territory, they don't count.

Wow- he has redefined what 'torture' means, he even 'tortures' our troops by telling them 'Mission Accomplished' then extending their tours in the various war zones, torturing their minds by claiming their health and mental problems are not important enough to really determine the problem, sheesh, what a guy.

Seems like we should have seem this all coming? I mean he did allow more executions in Texas on his watch than any before him. Of course they were 'criminals' so expendable I guess. Now its 'terrorists', (which can be anyone btw- Iraqi, Iranian, or even an American) are expendable because they are 'against us' and a threat to 'National Security'...

Oh lets bring up the (admitted) mistakes of his administration... 9/11 happened because of 'a bunch of security mistakes'... The Pentagon has not been able to account for BILLIONS of dollars, since he got in- accounting mistakes... He ordered an invasion of a country, based on mistakes, to topple someone put into power during his fathers VP days. It would be naive to think dad wasn't involved in the decision to put Saddam in power to help 'destabilize' Iran, at some high level... He has admitted to the lack of any WMD and 'intel mistakes' but REFUSES to change course... He is about to order an invasion of Iran. Again, in direct contradiction to numerous reports that Iran is not a nuclear threat now and won't be for quite a few years... So why are we about to invade? What will be those mistakes?

TRILLIONS of dollars for this war and it is about to grow, much larger... How many banking/savings and loan scandals has various members of his family been involved in? Anyone wonder about why his administration is the most secretive of any before it? They have used whatever means necessary to attack anyone who goes against the Administration or blows the whistle on them.

The evidence is quite clear to anyone who cares to see, the Bush crime family has operated on an international scale, bilking the poor public, all they can for everything they have. Not a lot different than the corrupt individuals at local and state levels who use their business/government position/friends in high places/etc to further themselves at the expense of the taxpayer.

Oh yeah, and he is currently the most unpopular president since that stat has been kept...

Seems his policies are producing terrorists at a higher rate than the troops can kill them. This will hardly end anytime soon.

We will all be living through the backlash from the Bush Era long after he is finally gone.

Sad.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

the hell with bush
the hell with mcclain
the hell with clinton AND obama.....

cumplidor for President!!!!! 2008

i like the way you think.....

as for 9 eleven... i thought early on,,, that the administration DID have an inkling that something was going on,, and about to happen!!!!!

but made the 'executive decision' to look the other way....
IN ORDER to have a reason to tear off and hit Afghanistan,,,and then ultimately Iraq...
they expected a category 1 "event" and got a category 15 Catastrophe!!!...how sad..

and not unlike the Katrina debacle,,,

except that these wars are still beating the hell out of this country, it's soldiers, it's army, it's morale and it's reputation.....[:/]:(:(
at least in New Orleans,, Mother Nature has done her dirty deed, and moved on...
whereas in the middle east... "Father Deciderer"
keep on slogging along,,, only long enough to slink away and leave the mess in ANY one else's hands

some leader...:|>:(

quite the mess...welcome to the 21st century.....

jt

Yes- Clinton.

Can't talk history about a standing President.

You mean the last seven years aren't "history" until this year passes? Not sure I understand that one.

As I said elsewhere, any discussion about Bush now is political science, not history. It's too current. Clinton is still a bit too close to current to properly discuss in historical terms. Personal viewpoints cloud the issues too much when it's current. As I said, every complaint listed about Bush could be used, and truthfully, to describe Clinton's Administration as well.

Time makes past events fuzzy, like Waco, Ruby Ridge, Carnivore (or really anything that Reno did).

I doubt that history will eventually elevate Bush to the upper 50%, but look at the bullshit with Nixon being regarded as some sort of elder statesman in his final years. Shrub could easily get that sort of velvet glove treatment.

Union Banking Corp

Smedely Butler

Zapata Oil

Seems like to the CFR, PNAC, Financial Dynasties, Oil Companies and Bush family members and "buddies" have him going down as the greatest puppet they ever got in office. Ol Prescott would be proud. This family has always operated in private, above the law, to further their personal gains. I see very little done for this country that did not involve HUGE profits for Bush and Co. Paa - lenty of evidence shows this to be fact. He's not worried about the US it seems. Only about a private plan put togther by bankers and oilmen to create a marxists environment where a very small group continues to control many facets of the world. Proven. Enjoy the ride....

Carpe Diem

Time makes past events fuzzy, like Waco, Ruby Ridge, Carnivore (or really anything that Reno did).

No complaints with Waco here except that the compound should have been raided earlier to save the children. If wack jobs want to kill themselves then be my guest (but not he kids). As for Ruby Ridge, that was definitely botched, but nothing, nothing compared to Iraq fuckup.

No complaints with Waco here except that the compound should have been raided earlier to save the children. If wack jobs want to kill themselves then be my guest (but not he kids). As for Ruby Ridge, that was definitely botched, but nothing, nothing compared to Iraq fuckup.

As presented by the government, there's little about Waco that makes you feel for them. But given the oddness of how it started/ended, and the assassination at near the same time at Ruby, part of me questions how true a story we got. The current raid of the polygamy farm invokes the same suspicions that the gov is using the press to make us question it not one bit.