funjumper101

Vietnam Veterans against McCain

creepy site, with a terrible domain name.

The first two 'articles' seem to directly contradict each other - first one suggests that he had it 'easy' for 5 years of prison, which is about as offensive as those bullshit artists claiming Kerry deserved none of his medals.

The second one says we can't trust him because his mind was cracked during his stay and he's a Manchurian Candidate risk. Which is also bullshit as it's been over 30 years and McCain is a functional adult. Apparently has a temper, but that's true of every grandpa Simpson in his 70s.

sorry, they can't have it both ways. i put these fucknuts on par with the 9/11 conspiracy assholes.

----
I'd have much more respect for these Vietnam Vets if they simply said they don't support a guy who doesn't know when to leave an internal civil war where outsiders aren't welcome.

The first two 'articles' seem to directly contradict each other - first one suggests that he had it 'easy' for 5 years of prison, which is about as offensive as those bullshit artists claiming Kerry deserved none of his medals.

But not nearly as offensive as their "overuse" of "quotation marks":|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"i put these fucknuts on par with the 9/11 conspiracy assholes."

Which fucknuts did you have in mind? The ones who bend over for anything the MSM tells them? Like the fairy tale that 19 mystery Muslims with boxcutters managed to commandeer four jet airliners, passengers called peeps on their cell phones (say what??) to describe the unfolding drama, that these terrorists could actually fly the jets or even knew where the hell to fly? That a bunch of "heroes" wrested control of Flight 93 and managed to drill the aircraft into a hole eight miles long? That three steel skyscrapers (never happened before or since) collapsed at nearly freefall speed into their own footprint from jetfuel and kerosine fires?

Sorry, but credibility--like virginity--is lost for me just once. The phrase "useful idiot" comes to mind for those seemingly intelligent, yet credulous folk, who belly laugh at all but the officially-sanctioned conspiracy theories and merrily proceed through life based upon the assumption that all is as it's reported.

Can anyone with even a modicum of skepticism put any faith in anything eminating from the current regime in the White House/Pentagon? Serial liars do not make for reliable sources of information.

An open mind--can it exist when certain ideas are dismissed out-of-hand and subjected to ridicule? That's just a disinformation/propaganda tool.

I see naked emperors everywhere and my bullshit detector has been pegged every day since 9/11, but then my worldview and income don't depend upon actually buying the $hit they peddle on Fox, CNN et al.

McCain is the kind of guy who would give you change in three dollar bills.

Lemme guess, you think the housing bubble is just negative press from the "liberal media"? Next . . . . :D

ok, so you're one of them.

most of your claims have actually been address and dismissed in this very forum. If you prefer to believe that the inept US government pulled off the best mass conspiracy in blowing up buildings, feel free. I know better that to try to convince a conspiracy theorist of anything, not even that the sun will rise tomorrow.

The only one I'll grant you as possible is that United 93 was shot down. It's a plausible in the same way Jessica Lynch's story was dramatized, though yet to be substantiated by any real evidence.

You're right, you convinced me. Sept. 11th was not caused by terrorists. In fact, in order to prove your point; I think you should hike up into the mountains of West Pakistan and burn some Koran's up there. If you come down with your head still intact, you might just prove the whole theory.

ok, so you're one of them.

most of your claims have actually been address and dismissed in this very forum. If you prefer to believe that the inept US government pulled off the best mass conspiracy in blowing up buildings, feel free. I know better that to try to convince a conspiracy theorist of anything, not even that the sun will rise tomorrow.

The only one I'll grant you as possible is that United 93 was shot down. It's a plausible in the same way Jessica Lynch's story was dramatized, though yet to be substantiated by any real evidence.

There's no place like home . . .
“Keep your elbow up!"

the beautiful (and fucking convenient) thing about being a conspiracist is never having to substantiate your beliefs.

By definition, the conspiracies are never disprovable, at least never to the satisfaction of the holder.

BTW, my company has 2 trillion in AUM - we're more than aware of the financial consequences of the current bubble.

Dear lord, okay, this may open up a shit storm but here goes, and again as I always say, its just my opinion.

For the last ten years I've been following what McCain has been doing. I'm as much of a skeptic as the next and after listening to him time and time again I'm a firm believer he's completely, and much more qualified to run this country more than any other candidate.

1. Yes, he's dang old, but he's got a lifetime of experience in foreign policy as well as extensive understanding of modern domestic happenings.

2. He has, without a doubt, a very honorable military record well beyond any of our last 5 presidents or candidates.

3. The current problem hard-core republicans have with him is because he isn't just that; an extremist. Nothing in life is in either right or wrong, nothing. He supports some things that are republican oriented and some things that are more democratic looking. I think people really underestimate this characteristic because they only hear people calling him a fence runner. In some situations that is a bad thing, especially when they can't make up their mind but he isn't a back and forth swayer.

4. And most importantly, he has been on the Daily Show at least 8 times now if not more (I haven't kept up with exactly the number of times). So this means A. He's got a fucking sense of humor (so he's fucking human and smart to spar with Stewart) and B. John Stewart supports him....I would have been sold on that alone, lol.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote for him as I've always been a firm believe you should never vote for a presidential candidate (as you should vote against the lesser of two evils), but for the first time in my life, and probably only time, he will be a presidential candidate I do vote for.

Hillary Clinton, and this has been said since Bill Clinton took office, that she is power hungry (which doesn't mean she's a good leader). She's had 4 to 6 years in the Senate, no foreign policy experience, and uses cut-throat tactics. She's tried to fast track her way to the presidency and that's something Americans should be cautious about. I do not believe she can effectively run this country, and I wish she could because I think having either of our democratic candidates in office, either woman or black, would be a very large step in the right direction for our nation. But we should never take one step forward for two steps back.

Obama will probably win the democratic nomination. He is a better candidate than Hillary and he is very Charismatic and that is what Americans love about him. We are quick to judge a book by its cover. "Change! Wow, that looks like a really friggin good idea. Lets vote for him."

Okay, now how? How is he going to change America? What experience does he have? A couple years in the Senate, very little foreign policy experience, and no real concrete presentation on what he's going to do and how he's going to do it. Obama would probably be a good president if he was elected, but we're taking a risk in someone who wants to lead with very little experience actually leading. Imagine I got my AFF Instructor cert after 200 jumps and said "Trust me, I know what I'm doing" would you jump with me?

You'll see a lot of uneducated people voting for Obama because they see the Charisma in his speeches and not the lack of direction or experience. I'm not saying people who vote for Obama are stupid, retards, just that they aren't looking at the big picture. Here is a guy who before mid 2007 no one really knew who Obama was, now after spending nearly 200 million dollars, nearly twice that of McCain, he's most likely the democrats front runner.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what is to come of this election. This should be interesting.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

the beautiful (and fucking convenient) thing about being a conspiracist is never having to substantiate your beliefs.

By definition, the conspiracies are never disprovable, at least never to the satisfaction of the holder.

BTW, my company has 2 trillion in AUM - we're more than aware of the financial consequences of the current bubble.

Easy now...easy now...it's just us dorks spreading $hit. Not getting to you are we? If my company was holding 2 trillion in coconuts, I'd be polishing my resume and storing rice:D

Facts are proveable. Faith isn't.

So, you're not a conspiratorialist, eh? That's amusing. But, I'll bet you believe that two or more people conspired to commit a crime against the U.S., right? Ergo . . . you ARE a conspiratorialist. It's just a matter of WHICH conspiracy you buy into.

I think the "official" one is utterly ludicrous--but then, I'm not very credulous when it comes to official anything. Nevertheless, I don't call others who cling to the "official" fairy tale "f'in" anything. Naive maybe.

Instead, I just sit here enjoying my ever-increasing schadenfreude moments. Like when I hear my Mr. Smarterthanyou neighbor tell me that he has to sell his H3 and a trailerful of ATVs beauce his HELOC evaporated. "Go get `em, Biff!" Boo-effin-hoo.

We must be--as the Chinese say--living in "interesting times" because my schadenfreude moments seem to be increasing. Got popcorn?? ;)

"McCain-Lieberman--vote for them or my cranky Old Testament God will smite thee or worse!"
“Keep your elbow up!"

Obama winning the DNP and/or the Presidency will likely wipe the slate of the candidates we've been suffering with for the past 2 (1992-2008) cycles. We need another shakeout, like 1974 (Watergate) or 1994 (Newt). Maybe Iraq will lead to another, but so far it's hasn't, and McCain is as pro establishment on the subject as one can be.

A big difference between Vietnam and Iraq is that most Americans aren't directly affected by it. Smaller, all draft army means most see it on a more philosophical level.

Does anyone really care still about the 2300 Americans who are atill missing from Vietnam?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

again I'm a firm believer he's completely, and much more qualified to run this country more than any other candidate.

And this is the problem with most of the Democrat & Republican candidates.

Read the Constitution again. The President is not supposed to "run the country."

:S:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Does anyone really care still about the 2300 Americans who are atill missing from Vietnam?

Yes.

They are Americans....our countrymen

They went to war in Americas name and they need to be accounted for. It is the only honorable thing to do to bring your people home [:/]

Read the Constitution again. The President is not supposed to "run the country."

There is a reason why Article One of the Constitution pertains to Congress, and not the President.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Yes.

They went to war in Americas name and they need to be accounted for. It is the only honorable thing to do to bring your people home [:/]

I agree but is anyone in power actually doing anything about that? I know there is a MIA program but what about the POWs who vanished? On the link to the website there was a VERY interesting link to a flim shot by an Australian about the POWs that were sent to the USSR from Vietnam never to be seen again. Chilling stuff.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yup! Here's one command that does care. . .

http://www.jpac.pacom.mil/

A couple of years ago, a commander in my unit went to pick up his father's remains in Laos.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yup! Here's one command that does care. . .

http://www.jpac.pacom.mil/

A couple of years ago, a commander in my unit went to pick up his father's remains in Laos.

My old roommate just got assigned to that unit, they are doing great things over there

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yes.

Is it realistic to find everyone? In a war with lot of explosions, napalm, and jungle swamps...it's quite a challenge. Without the availability now of DNA testing, impossible.

Clearly you want to identify any Rambo prison camps, or USSR transfers/killings. Have the Russians declassified anything they have, or is there still belief that they're keeping some details locked up still?

Is it realistic to find everyone? In a war with lot of explosions, napalm, and jungle swamps...it's quite a challenge. Without the availability now of DNA testing, impossible.

They may not find ANYONE.....but there have been the repatriation of numerous remains.

I find it the only honorable thing to do to bring as many home as we possibly can.. no matter the cost.. and no matter the length of time.[:/]

"

Which fucknuts did you have in mind? The ones who bend over for anything the MSM tells them? Like the fairy tale that 19 mystery Muslims with boxcutters managed to commandeer four jet airliners, passengers called peeps on their cell phones (say what??) to describe the unfolding drama, that these terrorists could actually fly the jets or even knew where the hell to fly? That a bunch of "heroes" wrested control of Flight 93 and managed to drill the aircraft into a hole eight miles long? That three steel skyscrapers (never happened before or since) collapsed at nearly freefall speed into their own footprint from jetfuel and kerosine fires?

Ok then Fox Mulder who did it and how??

How did it go down, who or what was involved, how was it planned and put in motion? What was the goal of the operation? Did it actually happen at all or are the towers still there?

I am really curious to learn your secrets. You can't just be a professional skeptic, you must have some knowledge of how it DID happen not just how it didn't.
Life is good