normiss

Which state will be first?

I'm putting the odds on VA or TX. Alabama has one inmate's execution that was stayed twice, the last time within hours for the KY case. So AL may be in the running too.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am all for the death penalty. I just don't like people being on death row for 30 years. It should be limited to 1 year or less.

I'd settle for 3 to 5 years, just to be sure all the evidence makes them unequivocally guilty of their crimes. The Feds got it right when they executed Timothy McVeigh in record time. But I don't think he was the only one that should have been for that bombing.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My bet is on either Mississippi or Florida....they both seem to be anxiously ready to kill.

I think if as a society we have overwhelmingly select death as a punishment, we should only be allowed to use it when DNA evidence has made the conviction.

This is irreversible.

I'm personally convinced one of these will be killing killers ASAP.
Death penalty....:S>:(

Probably Virginia and that is the one I'm voting for.

Virginia has the most efficient death penalty machine in the country. Texas has a much larger death row, but that is partly because in Texas, many inmates are able to game the process for decades. In Virginia, they have something called the 21-day rule, meaning that no new evidence may be introduced on appeal more than 21 days after the initial sentencing. This limits the ability to appeal death sentences, and it means that in Virginia--unlike Texas and most other states--when you get sentenced to death, you are actually going to be put to death.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I am all for the death penalty. I just don't like people being on death row for 30 years. It should be limited to 1 year or less.

A whole lot of people have been exonerated years after their convictions. You are OK with the state killing innocent people in YOUR name?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A whole lot of people have been exonerated years after their convictions. You are OK with the state killing innocent people in YOUR name?

6 months ago I read about a man who had been on death row for 14 years and was finally exonerated by dna evidence two weeks prior to his scheduled execution. That's when my support for the death penalty officially ended.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

For what they told in the news today, lethel injection needs a very long and painfull time to kill, are you all for that, too?

And isn't it just few weeks ago, (again) a long-time death row prisoner was set free as he was guiltless? Oh yes, he went home with some reasonable compensation in his pocket.

OTOH:
PR China has death penalty, too. :|
And Iran. And Irak. And Pakistan. Sudan. And few others. What a fine society you're in.
[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

In Virginia, they have something called the 21-day rule, meaning that no new evidence may be introduced on appeal more than 21 days after the initial sentencing. This limits the ability to appeal death sentences, and it means that in Virginia--unlike Texas and most other states--when you get sentenced to death, you are actually going to be put to death.

You do realize the definition of evidence right; facts relevant to the outcome of a case? So it makes sense to not allow new facts that are relevant to a case?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Virginia has the most efficient death penalty machine in the country. Texas has a much larger death row, but that is partly because in Texas, many inmates are able to game the process for decades. In Virginia, they have something called the 21-day rule, meaning that no new evidence may be introduced on appeal more than 21 days after the initial sentencing. This limits the ability to appeal death sentences, and it means that in Virginia--unlike Texas and most other states--when you get sentenced to death, you are actually going to be put to death.

I wonder if a rule so simplistically stupid would pass constitutional review.