SimonBones

Fitna GONE!!!

There was an earlier post about the film released yesterday, dude, click on the link again:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103&p=1

The film was removed as a result of death threats that scared the shit out of the posting sites. Seriously, check out their removal message! :o:o:o
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

That's really sad. I had no desire to watch the film, but I fear that the more we give these "children" their way, the more they'll demand. Give an inch, lose a mile.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

That's really sad. I had no desire to watch the film, but I fear that the more we give these "children" their way, the more they'll demand. Give an inch, lose a mile.

I watched it, and it boiled down to a very professionally done repackaging of stuff most of us have seen before, with cross-references to verses in the Koran.

I wonder if there's anyone on this board who'll step up and tell us why death threats are justified against the people at liveleak.

. . =(_8^(1)

I've seen atheists post film clips about how Christianity and/or the Bible is bullshit (Penn & Teller did that, for one). I wonder if they got any death threats.

Penn and Teller probably did. People get death threats for liking Chevy over Ford sometimes.

However, I don't recall rioting in the streets all across America over Penn and Teller's film. This is one equivalency (tolerance) you ain't gonna sell.

. . =(_8^(1)

Freedom is speech is not free if it paints muslims in a bad light.

There are hundreds of anti-christian or anti-semite campaigns out there. Films, websites, cartoons, etc. Christians and Jews don't start getting into international censorship. How come everyone is allowed to be critical of any religion except Islam? Christians and Jews have to tolerate all sorts of bashing. But don't talk bad about Islam, freedom of speech doesn' count there.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

There are hundreds of anti-christian or anti-semite campaigns out there. Films, websites, cartoons, etc. Christians and Jews don't start getting into international censorship. How come everyone is allowed to be critical of any religion except Islam? Christians and Jews have to tolerate all sorts of bashing. But don't talk bad about Islam, freedom of speech doesn' count there.

Here's a rant:

http://www.dotsub.com/films/moredemands/index.php?autostart=true&language_setting=en_1618

Too funny: http://www.patcondell.net/behead.jpeg
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

It's obvious, by the very fact that there are death threats over a 17 min. movie, that the statements are true.

That sort of rationale is pathetic:D:D:D Hema
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I just watched the article on Good Morning, America.

It's obvious, by the very fact that there are death threats over a 17 min. movie, that the statements are true.

That's the amazing thing. Just like all the violence during the controversy over the cartoon with Mohammed's bomb turban, their actions only serve to confirm precisely what they're protesting against. How is it they don't get that?

As much as all they done was highlight verses that preach death (same can be found in the bible http://www.evilbible.com/) i think one of the last statements rang the truest.

It was along the lines of "Your Government wants you to respect Islam but Islam does not respect you."

As far as im conecerned after they denied free speech, anyone preaching in London (or anywhere else) should be jailed.

Maybe im just getting hateful and seeing one dimensional but i feel like governments bend over to keep them happy. Bollocks to the people burning flags in our streets.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I watched it, and it boiled down to a very professionally done repackaging of stuff most of us have seen before, with cross-references to verses in the Koran.

I watched it yesterday. It was political propaganda, combining sensationalist footage of violence and Koranic verses out of context in order to convince viewers that Islam is a religion of violence. It is no different from someone taking footage of KKK or Eric Rudolph violence, adding some out of context Bible verses, and claiming that Christianity is a religion of violence. Either might appear credible to those ignorant of the topic, but neither would be an accurate representation of the religion.

Let there be no compulsion in religion. (Koran, 2:257)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I watched it yesterday. It was political propaganda, combining sensationalist footage of violence and Koranic verses out of context in order to convince viewers that Islam is a religion of violence. It is no different from someone taking footage of KKK or Eric Rudolph violence, adding some out of context Bible verses, and claiming that Christianity is a religion of violence. Either might appear credible to those ignorant of the topic, but neither would be an accurate representation of the religion.

As bad as other religions may be, at least they don't threaten with violence those that point out their proclivity towards violence. Then again, maybe they're just not that stupid.

As bad as other religions may be, at least they don't threaten with violence those that point out their proclivity towards violence. Then again, maybe they're just not that stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending those that made death threats. While I understand their anger, since Fitna is not an accurate representation of Islam in general, I strongly disagree with their response.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I watched it yesterday. It was political propaganda, combining sensationalist footage of violence and Koranic verses out of context in order to convince viewers that Islam is a religion of violence.

Thanks for posting this. Now I don't have to. Wilder appears to be swiftboating the Koran.
If you have any video of people beating babies we could put together a bible version?

Psalm 137:9 (King James Version)

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Edited to add: I wonder why Wilder isn't going after the Bible. Compare his first quote in his movie to
Exodus 22:20.
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Throw in some "shock and awe" footage after that and your well on your way to being the next celebrity holy warrior!

The video has been reposted on the site with this statement:

On the 28th of March LiveLeak.com was left with no other choice but to remove the film "fitna" from our servers following serious threats to our staff and their families. Since that time we have worked constantly on upgrading all security measures thus offering better protection for our staff and families. With these measures in place we have decided to once more make this video live on our site. We will not be pressured into censoring material which is legal and within our rules. We apologise for the removal and the delay in getting it back, but when you run a website you don't consider that some people would be insecure enough to threaten our lives simply because they do not like the content of a video we neither produced nor endorsed but merely hosted.

Freedom of speech is one thing, common decency is quite another. Wilders has been randomly insulting muslims for months now, claiming not only that (unlike him, obviously) the Koran is fascist but at one point actually campaining to forbid it in the Netherlands.

Where is the freedom of speech in that?

Fitna itself is nothing more than some inexpertly pasted together archive material, which shows a very coloured image of the Islam. Most of the quotes from the Koran that the film shows are from he same book and either mis-translated or taken out of context. For though the koran at some point says that the heathens must be killed (paraphrasing) it also adds that if said heathens have peaceful intentions, there is no need to kill them (paraphrasing again).

Dutch muslims took Fitna in their stride - the news reports all say that muslims think Wilders made a fool out of himself and hardly think it worth the bother to respond to it.

However, I am waiting with apprehension whatever rediculous insult Wilders will come up with next under the norm of freedom of speech.
The worst part is that when Wilders finally succeeds in insulting the minority of extremist factions in the muslim community whereever in the world, WE as Dutch taxpayers have to cough up the dough for Wilders' protection!
Why not couple this so-called freedom of speech to the freedom of paying your own damn bodyguards?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Islam doesn't threaten violence either. Radical groups do...even governments (in the case of Saudi Arabia for instance). Same with Christianity. Christianity doesn't threaten violence against blacks and Jews (for doing absolutely nothing other than being black or Jewish), but the KKK does. Christianity doesn't threaten to kill physicians who perform abortions, but the Lambs of Christ and the Army of God do. These extremist groups have a purpose that they try to legitimize by applying religious doctrine to their causes. Islam is no more responsible for extremist groups that hide behind its teachings than Christianity is for the KKK.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail