freethefly

youtube video, soldier harming a puppy

Don't worry, I have plenty more outrage in the pot for those people too. Anyone who harms a helpless being of any kind deserves the same, and a kick in the spuds.

I'm not what you would say 'an eye for an eye....' just sometimes people deserve more than being banged up with a Playstation 3 and free meals for a few years.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I hope his "unspecified" punishment is getting his punk ass thrown off a cliff like he did to that dog. Fucking piece of shit.

Non-judicial punishment typically refers to loss of rank, loss of pay, restriction and extra duty, in some combination.

What he said. And for the guy who said something about Leavenworth, if he were headed there (or any brig), they wouldn't be discharging him yet.

Blues,
Dave

The article says "process of seperation" which could mean seperation once his sentence is served. So yes it is entirely possible he is behind bars.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

It's been a while now.

A video of a soldier harming a puppy is shown and nine people express outrage. One wants the soldier killed.

A video of a soldier admitting to raping an Iraqi is shown. _One_ person expresses anger.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It's been a while now.

A video of a soldier harming a puppy is shown and nine people express outrage. One wants the soldier killed.

A video of a soldier admitting to raping an Iraqi is shown. _One_ person expresses anger.

We've had a dozen-plus years of being told "It's just sex" as an excuse for abuse of power - why would the lack of outrage surprise you?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And mike uses the rape to get his Clinton slam in.

Guilty conscience?

There have been plenty of instances in the news (TOO many, and not just Clinton) showing exactly that - abuse of power/position in regards to sex.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's been a while now.

I hadn't seen the video till you pointed it out (and I have to admit it took me awhile...I went searching in the archives rather than looking more closely at this thread). Raping a 15 year old is certainly more objectionable than killing a stray puppy. I didn't hear where he admitted to raping her, but did hear that someone had "pimped her out" like 10 times and that she'd killed herself, in the context that rape victims are blamed in that culture. While not an excuse, I have to say that the most visceral reactions to the puppy thing came after it was "authenticated". The drunk guy talking into the camera *might* not even be a soldier and *might* not be telling the truth. As you saw, several of us didn't trust the puppy video to be authentic when it was first posted, and that's despite actually *seeing* the abuse occur. You shouldn't be all that surprised if a taped confession with an interrogator obviously hamming to some extent is afforded a similar level of scepticism.

Whether the confession of the quantity and quality of abuses at Abu Ghraib were true or not, I think that Mike's use of the video to slam Clinton was offensive and below his normal standard of discourse. Consensual sex between adults and multiple rapes of an imprisoned child could hardly be less comparable.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

My reply to Bill, above, was deliberately written as a generality and was meant as a statement about society as a generality. If you wish to presume it was a slam on the most famous recent event of that type, more power to you and no skin off my nose.

The later snipe about guilty consciences after being accused of slamming Clinton *was* petty of me, and I apologize for that.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706