ExAFO

Another Campus Shooting--at My Alma Mater

After a combined total of more than sixty semesters of allowing concealed carry on campus, Colorado State University, Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA), and all nine public colleges in the state of Utah are still without a single resulting incident of gun violence, gun accidents, or gun theft.

It boils down to this: If you allow concealed handgun license (CHL)/concealed carry weapons permit (CCW) holders to carry concealed handguns on college campuses, the same people who aren't getting mad/drunk/distraught and shooting people outside of college campuses are the same people who won't be getting mad/drunk/distraught and shooting people on college campuses.

http://www.concealedcampus.org/about.htm

http://www.concealedcampus.org/faq.htm

http://www.concealedcampus.org/arguments.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071024/EDITORIAL/110240004/1013

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3757198766773911761&hl=en
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Technically they're accused criminals/gangsters/druglords, unless they have already been convicted of prior disqualifying charges. In any case, isn't that why we have police officers?

Let's take another example. A terrorist goes on trial. Can you honestly say its a good idea to ditch the metal detector at that court room? Cops or no cops, if a few of his friends jump up with 9mms in their hands, there's going to be a lot of carnage.

Honestly, courthouse restrictions don't really bother me, especially in WA, where state law requires all courthouses to provide secure storage for citizen's guns while in the buildings. You just walk into the courthouse and tell them to lock up your gun(s) while you're in court, and they must do it. That's not a terribly excessive burden, but still it's one of many stepping stones leading to the current abuse/violation/destruction of our 2nd Amendment Rights.

A little bit like the 1st Amendment defenders who see their rights eroded in the era of global terrorism.

I love how people try to tie 1st Amendment stuff only to the time since 9/11. My apologies if that was not the intent of your post, but I see it over and over.

Have y'all never heard of Echelon? How about Carnivore? Fed.gov has had their eyes/ears in your business a good while longer than the last 6 years...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do you as a property owner have the right to say I cant on your property?

Seems pretty simple to me. You want to come into my property and you have a gun. I say lose the gun or don't come into my property. You come into my property anyway = you tresspassing, which is illegal.

The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do you as a property owner have the right to say I cant on your property?

Seems pretty simple to me. You want to come into my property and you have a gun. I say lose the gun or don't come into my property. You come into my property anyway = you tresspassing, which is illegal.

True
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A pre-emptive "Fuck off/shove it up your immigrant carpetbagging eliteist ass" to the Effete, psuedo-intelligentsia, stuck in the false reality of academia asswipes in Illinois who will no doubt chime in on this.

Give me a break. I live in Illinois and don't want a CCW. Esp not with all the drugs that Dr's are handing out to kids to balance them out for whatever reason.

Yes I know NIU, been there plenty of times. My friends wife just happened to not have class yesterday as well. So this hits way too close to home for me.

Here is a good idea: Let's not let people on mood altering drugs get guns.

BINGO... we have a winner

AGAIN.. I do not support gun control overall.. but I DO support IDIOT Control.

This case we have some mentally deficient grad student.. on some kind of medication who the cops will not release the name of... and who PROBABLY should be in a loony bin for observation IF THERE WAS ONE EVEN AVAILABLE..... goes out and BUY 2 of the GUNS within the last week..

THAT is totally fucked up and points to a HUGE hole in the laws that the NRA supports whole heartedly and trys to prevent any further laws irrationally no matter how much sence they make to MOST gun owners.>:(>:(>:(

After a combined total of more than sixty semesters of allowing concealed carry on campus, Colorado State University, Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA), and all nine public colleges in the state of Utah are still without a single resulting incident of gun violence, gun accidents, or gun theft.

Ooooh - more than sixty! I think you'll find that with a combined total of thousands of semesters there are a vast number of schools, colleges and universities that forbid CCW that have gone without a single incident of gun violence/theft/accidents.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ooooh - more than sixty! I think you'll find that with a combined total of thousands of semesters there are a vast number of schools, colleges and universities that forbid CCW that have gone without a single incident of gun violence/theft/accidents.

Yeah, those laws sure kept the guns away from VT and NIU, didn't they, Professor.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>How about giving everyone the OPTION to carry?

I'd definitely support that in public. On a college campus/mall/store etc I'd leave it up to the people in charge of the property to make that determination.

Great. You've just listed the three soft targets these gunmen assholes will favor. "Nice soft targets, skippy--no guns in there, go right ahead!!"

What proof do you have that a nutjob who is intent on murder/suicide will care one way or the other about whether his target is "soft"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>How about giving everyone the OPTION to carry?

I'd definitely support that in public. On a college campus/mall/store etc I'd leave it up to the people in charge of the property to make that determination.

Great. You've just listed the three soft targets these gunmen assholes will favor. "Nice soft targets, skippy--no guns in there, go right ahead!!"

What proof do you have that a nutjob who is intent on murder/suicide will care one way or the other about whether his target is "soft"?

Compare the number of massacres at schools/malls vs. the number of massacres at police stations / gunshops.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah, those laws sure kept the guns away from VT and NIU, didn't they, Professor.

The guy at NIU was 27 and a former student.

Here's a better idea - let's quit having the docs/schools hand them out like M&M's.

Here is an even better idea: DO BOTH!

I think deranged individuals are more likely to choose targets based on familiarity and the presence of individuals that they believe are the cause of their problems than whether the targets are "hard" or "soft".
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

And those laws and regulations STILL didn't deter him, did they? Another example of the fact that gun laws only deter the law-abiding.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think deranged individuals are more likely to choose targets based on familiarity and the presence of individuals that they believe are the cause of their problems than whether the targets are "hard" or "soft".

I'm sure that plays into the equation as well.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And those laws and regulations STILL didn't deter him, did they? Another example of the fact that gun laws only deter the law-abiding.

How about lack of gun laws preventing nut jobs from getting guns? But I'm sure the NRA has a solid reason on why someone taking drugs with a list of side effects a mile long need a hunting rifle to defend the farm. Lack of laws put the gun in this guys hand. More security is needed everywhere and on schools because of fucktards like this. But I'm sure someone will come back again and say "OMG I SWEARS CCW WILL BE THE BESTEST SOLUTION EVAR!"

I'm sure that plays into the equation as well.

I'm sure it plays into the equation more than whether a target is "hard" or "soft" (which do not play or play very little into the equation).
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

How about lack of gun laws preventing nut jobs from getting guns? But I'm sure the NRA has a solid reason on why someone taking drugs with a list of side effects a mile long need a hunting rifle to defend the farm. Lack of laws put the gun in this guys hand. More security is needed everywhere and on schools because of fucktards like this. But I'm sure someone will come back again and say "OMG I SWEARS CCW WILL BE THE BESTEST SOLUTION EVAR!"

Ah, yes... another "blame the tool for the action of the user" post... color me unsurprised.

Lack of laws? That's a fucking laugh. Find me ONE other item in use by the general public that is restricted by as many laws.

So, you're evidently in favor of the government having even MORE information on you and even MORE intrustion into your personal business, then.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706