ExAFO

Another Campus Shooting--at My Alma Mater

I agree people should have the right, but how about the rights of the property owners. If a private school doesn't want to have students, staff or whomever carrying do they have the right to dictate what is allowed on their property. Where do you draw the line?

Should property owners have the ability to trump the constitution?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Should property owners have the ability to trump the constitution?

The constitution is the document that guarantees property rights. The rights you have over your property trumps the rights someone else has over your property.

The constitution guarantees freedom of speech. Do I have the right to walk into your living room/place of business and read a two hour speech?

The constitution is the document that guarantees property rights. The rights you have over your property trumps the rights someone else has over your property.

The constitution guarantees freedom of speech. Do I have the right to walk into your living room/place of business and read a two hour speech?

The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do you as a property owner have the right to say I cant on your property?
Abraham Lincoln

up till the point where you accept millions or billions in dollars in government funding. At that point, you lose your right to discriminate against minorities, and the claim that I write the rules here fades considerably.

I would suppose that, to either of our points that if invited one would have to consider the rights given under the permission to be on some one elses property. On the other hand, if the school is not private, one should be able to carry as per the constitution
Abraham Lincoln

The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do you as a property owner have the right to say I cant on your property?

What would you do if someone wiht a firearm was on your property?

The answer, to me is clear. You would let that person know that such conduct is unacceptable - probably by a shot of your own.

The answer is yes. Anyone takes a firearm onto my property (except for trusted family) and I will ask that person to disarm. If anyone comes through my door with a gun, i.e., at night, I've got a 12 gauge to send th emessage.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What would you do if someone wiht a firearm was on your property?

The answer, to me is clear. You would let that person know that such conduct is unacceptable - probably by a shot of your own.

The answer is yes. Anyone takes a firearm onto my property (except for trusted family) and I will ask that person to disarm. If anyone comes through my door with a gun, i.e., at night, I've got a 12 gauge to send th emessage.

I am not sure I agree. The constitution says you have the right, I can not say they do not, so if under current lay they have a permit, I do not feel I have the right to day disarm. Extreems can be discussed in any light but generally, I would feel they have the right
Abraham Lincoln

>The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do you as a
>property owner have the right to say I cant on your property?

Yes. Just as you, as a property owner, have no obligation to allow me to set up a podium in your factory and read a political speech.

Yes. Just as you, as a property owner, have no obligation to allow me to set up a podium in your factory and read a political speech.

An interesting situation isnt it
Abraham Lincoln

Everyone is bringing up good points, but in this case I think the property owners rights trumps yours. You have the choice to go to another establishment and in some cases work elsewhere. What rights do the owners have. I wonder if there are any legal cases regarding this. I'm just talking private property not public.

No. The Constitution protects against government instrusion.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It depends on whether or not your property is open for public access and or usage.

No. The Constitution protects against government instrusion.

The nice part of concealed carry is "concealed." I'm not gonna worry about some mall cop figuring out if I'm packing. With the right holster and clothing, no one will know. And if they do, I'd sooner be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

IMHO, he has (and should have) that right. The 2nd is a right which (used to, anyway) prevents the government from disarming the people. A private property owner has (or should have) the right to deny anyone, especially the government, access to his property for any or no reason. I don't see that as a violation of the 2nd.

Public (government) property is a different matter, and restricting access to armed citizens is a violation of the 2nd. I'm not sure I even agree with rules requiring the people to be disarmed in order to enter courthouses or the US Capitol/Senate bldg., etc.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Public (government) property is a different matter, and restricting access to armed citizens is a violation of the 2nd. I'm not sure I even agree with rules requiring the people to be disarmed in order to enter courthouses or the US Capitol/Senate bldg., etc.

Courthouses? Wouldn't that make it a little easy for criminals/gangsters/druglords to have their posses "influence" their escape?

just found out my cousin (joe peterson) who is at niu working on his doctorit as a teachers aide was in the classroom and was shot. extent of injuries at this time unknown. i will try to get intouch with his family tomorrow. here is the best pics i could find of him right now.
My inner child is a mean little fucker

Technically they're accused criminals/gangsters/druglords, unless they have already been convicted of prior disqualifying charges. In any case, isn't that why we have police officers? Honestly, courthouse restrictions don't really bother me, especially in WA, where state law requires all courthouses to provide secure storage for citizen's guns while in the buildings. You just walk into the courthouse and tell them to lock up your gun(s) while you're in court, and they must do it. That's not a terribly excessive burden, but still it's one of many stepping stones leading to the current abuse/violation/destruction of our 2nd Amendment Rights.
-----------

Getting back to the NIU crime, IL law prohibits firearm possession on campus in nearly all cases. The murderer just thumbed his (now room-temperature) nose at the law, yet that law was supposedly intended to prevent such criminal acts. It seems to me that the IL law regarding gun possession at schools is not very effective. We can be quite certain that there wasn't an armed "good guy" in that building today, and absolutely certain that an armed ciminal was present. If there had been an armed good guy employee/student/teacher present, there is some (perhaps small) possibility that she/he could have interfered with the killer's rampage. Whether or not the presence of a legally armed person would have saved any lives is a matter of conjecture. What is known for certain is that there was a criminal with a gun present, while all non-criminals present were prevented by law from being able to do anything that might effectively interfere with the killer's attack. 5+ innocent people are now dead. /End Rant.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Illinoisans deserve legislation that enforces their right to self defense in any form.

Brother.... I spelled it out once on how to carry legal in Killinois!!! Within 3-5secs tops Iam locked and loaded!!! ALL WITHIN THE LAW!B|B|B|

3-5secs is goodenuf for me b/c I am ALWAYS assesing my immeadiate enviroment! I surely dont want to see any trigger happy male or female carrying with their shit already chambered thats for sure!

As long as OUR current lawmakers dont screw uP any more legislation for OUR rights under the 2A, then I am good to go with the way that it is... If WE (some) think that it is bad now, just wait and see what happens if the gvt swings EITHER way because of these shootings of late....

Did you ALL know that ANY POTUS can incur MARTIAL LAW at ANY time He/She
LOWKEY and streamline..... Thats the correct way of going about business.....;)

peace
:dd

just found out my cousin (joe peterson) who is at niu working on his doctorit as a teachers aide was in the classroom and was shot. extent of injuries at this time unknown. i will try to get intouch with his family tomorrow. here is the best pics i could find of him right now.

:(:( that sucks dude.... sending vibes His way

Sorry to hear that. Hope he'll be OK.

-NickDG

if you get out b4 I do you will have two maybe three years of happiness on me:P.... I have at least a year and ahalf of business to finish here b4 I can vamoose!...
HOWEVER in the meantime.... I carry legal still! Morton Grove and City of Chicago (not just Cook Cnty) are the only VILLAGES that one cannot carry muchless own a firearm of one sort or another... That aint right, but I am not in either of those to backwards thinking places! Thank you my creator!