ExAFO

Another Campus Shooting--at My Alma Mater

NIU Shot up.

reply]

News is indicating he carried a shot gun. While many were injured the news is not saying any dead. I hope this part of the story stays the same

Sorry, when it is this close to home it hurts:( and it is sad in any event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A pre-emptive "Fuck off/shove it up your immigrant carpetbagging eliteist ass" to the Effete, psuedo-intelligentsia, stuck in the false reality of academia asswipes in Illinois who will no doubt chime in on this.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Concealed Carry should be a right for students.

Of all the reasoning I've heard back and forth on what to do about school shootings, this seems the only solution that would actually make a difference, short of a real US cultural change, which would take many years if it were at all possible.

These school/mall/workplace shootings are becoming weekly events.

. . =(_8^(1)

Concealed Carry should be a right for students.

Of all the reasoning I've heard back and forth on what to do about school shootings, this seems the only solution that would actually make a difference, short of a real US cultural change, which would take many years if it were at all possible.

These school/mall/workplace shootings are becoming weekly events.

You make an interesting point. Something I have read once (I will not go looking for it now) said that school shootings are way down but, because of the media the shootings that do happen are all over the news. The reporting, and the type of reporting cause spikes because of copy cat type responses.
Not claiming anything or making any insinuations. Just adding to the point you make
Abraham Lincoln

You make an interesting point. Something I have read once (I will not go looking for it now) said that school shootings are way down but, because of the media the shootings that do happen are all over the news.

I don't know what the real stats are either, but there have been three school shootings in the US in the last seven days. How long before it's daily?

When we start seeing the shootings on Page 2, we'll have a good indicator. ;)

. . =(_8^(1)

You make an interesting point. Something I have read once (I will not go looking for it now) said that school shootings are way down but, because of the media the shootings that do happen are all over the news.

I don't know what the real stats are either, but there have been three school shootings in the US in the last seven days. How long before it's daily?

When we start seeing the shootings on Page 2, we'll have a good indicator. ;)

For sure, 1 in any given time frame is too many.

Once again, when my kids ask me, "Dad, how could anybody do something like that?" I tell them, (with great relief) if you dont understand it, you will never do it". I trully hope as a parent I never have to wonder how my child could ever do something like this.[:/] And for those that loose some one to a lost soul like this, or a parent who child does something such as this, my prayers are with you. My tears are your tears[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

>I don't know what the real stats are either, but there have been
>three school shootings in the US in the last seven days. How long before
>it's daily?

Yep. And of course the only way we will ever end school shootings is to arm every disturbed, introverted US teen - and tell them that their gun will protect them against anything.

Yep. And of course the only way we will ever end school shootings is to arm every disturbed, introverted US teen - and tell them that their gun will protect them against anything.

I haven't heard what would truly be an effective solution to our violence problems yet. Have you?

. . =(_8^(1)

>I don't know what the real stats are either, but there have been
>three school shootings in the US in the last seven days. How long before
>it's daily?

This is pure bull shit billvon. You and your brothern kallend love to go to the extreems to make a point. Really helpful
Abraham Lincoln

This is pure bull shit billvon. You and your brothern kallend love to go to the extreems to make a point. Really helpful

...and you don't think Neil's so-obvious calling-out of kallend in post #4 qualifies as that? Couldn't even wait until he posts, could you guys?

I haven't heard what would truly be an effective solution to our violence problems yet. Have you?

Well...has anything ever solved the violence problem? How long has there been violence??? Don't know how it is that we think we should be exempt now. It stinks that people hurt other people, but I don't think that regulating guns, or trying to lock 'em all up, or (you name it) is gonna make violence go away. As long as there are people, there will be mean people.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

...and you don't think Neil's so-obvious calling-out of kallend in post #4 qualifies as that? Couldn't even wait until he posts, could you guys?

The only aspect of this shooting that Kallend is an authority on would be ballistics and bullet trajectory. But that's not gonna stop him from fashioning himself an amateur "Barrister" to use the term...

Actually he told me he has no experience in Ballistics at that level.

And I'm sure a great portion of effete tut-tut'ing will be brought in when one realizes that this is proof:

Gun Control Laws don't work.

Illinoisans deserve a CCW LAW.

And for those that loose some one to a lost soul like this, or a parent who child does something such as this, my prayers are with you. My tears are your tears..

Ditto.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

>I haven't heard what would truly be an effective solution to our violence
>problems yet. Have you?

Nope. And both extremes (taking guns away from everyone everywhere and giving everyone a gun) seem equally bad to me.

How about giving everyone the OPTION to carry? Not like we'd give everyone a revolver with their Driver's license or Student ID...

Give us the fucking option.

>How about giving everyone the OPTION to carry?

I'd definitely support that in public. On a college campus/mall/store etc I'd leave it up to the people in charge of the property to make that determination.

Great. You've just listed the three soft targets these gunmen assholes will favor. "Nice soft targets, skippy--no guns in there, go right ahead!!"