DSE

Romney now endorses McCain

I can't see a VP nod for Romney because I can't see Romney taking it.

Since the Clinton admin, the Vice President is more like the executive assistant to the POTUS. For this there must be a great deal of ideological agreement between the two.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Since the Clinton admin, the Vice President is more like the executive assistant to the POTUS. For this there must be a great deal of ideological agreement between the two.

there has always been this requirement, save when the pick was merely for votes. With McCain's age, more so than ever.

But nothing prevents McCain from picking a guy and then ignoring him for 4 years.

He's also previously stated on at least two occassions he would not be VP (I think specifically for McCain).

But politicians can be so fickle sometimes.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Wonder if there is a running mate story in there?

Oh, man! :o
The news about McCain just keeps getting worse, and worse.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm beginning to think that McCain could name Jesus as his running mate and it still would not stop Obama from becoming the next prez. No McCain's only hope is to send millions of kegs of beer to all the universities in America the night before the general election in November.

Of course the super delegates of the Democrats could still install Hillary as their leader (just showing the world the state of America's so called democracy) and then McCain could save a lot of money on beer.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm beginning to think that McCain could name Jesus as his running mate and it still would not stop Obama from becoming the next prez. No McCain's only hope is to send millions of kegs of beer to all the universities in America the night before the general election in November.

??

college students have long proven that they aren't reliable voters. Any win dependent on them is not guaranteed. I don't see McCain losing to Obama as a given, or even likely yet. Until a vote proves otherwise, I see race showing up in the results.

college students have long proven that they aren't reliable voters

Maybe in past elections. But look at the demographics of who is voting for who this time around. Old left leaning people are voting for Clinton, old right leaning people are voting for McCain, evangelicals are voting for Huckleberry and everyone else is voting for Obama. I don't agree with Obama's "spending" policies but one can not ignore that young, old, black, white, easterners, westerners and people in the middle have been supporting Obama.

The beer comments was a joke. But there are many disenfranchised people who are getting involved now where they did not get involved in the past (war has a way of doing that to people). Nope McCain is going to have to buy a lot of beer if he wants to beat Obama. Of course the Democrat's super deligates or a severe case of Obama lead poisioning before next January could still save McCain.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Maybe in past elections. But look at the demographics of who is voting for who this time around

Funny you should mention that. I just read an interesting editorial in the local paper that talks about that: clicky link.

I'm sure this doesn't represent everyone in the millenial generation that's on dz.com, and I'm sure it doesn't represent everyone in the millenial generation regardless. But it's still kind of interesting, and nice to know that someone thinks that the next generation can deal with the fucked up mess that we've left them....

So maybe this generation will be voting in droves.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe in past elections.

true until proven otherwise. Just count all the people here who don't vote, many proud of it.

I think Move-On did a lot to increase voter participation 4 years back, but I don't think the problem is solved with a one time effort. The GOP tending voters remain more likely to actually vote.

the most notable part of this column is the writer is not a member of the age group. Too many of the articles in Fortune and others talking about Gen Y are members themselves, and the statements/conclusions questionable.

But I remain in the let's see stance. 1932 and 1968 had a lot going on to encourage a shift. This year does not, relatively speaking.

Oh, I think it's more basic than that. McCain and Romney hate each other's guts.

Romney's just doing sensible politics, much like Nixon played the loyal soldier to Goldwater in '64, or McCain sucking it up & endorsing Bush in 2000 despite getting corn-holed in the SC primary campaign.